PDA

View Full Version : Patagonia Micropuff vest (w/ buttons) discontinued?

vaporjourney
08-31-2006, 12:32
After browsing the internet looking for a blue button-up (cheaper and lighter than full zip version) Micropuff vest, I think I've discovered they no longer make these? The Patagonia site only has the full-zip model, as well as a down version (i want synthetic). On backcountry.com and altrec.com they only have them in black, and not blue like they usually offer. has anyone else noticed this or found them somewhere else to order?

Also...why in the world is the full-zip version so much more expensive than the button up version? I can't believe they'd charge $20 more just for a zipper?

DrewNC2005
08-31-2006, 13:16
It seems like I did read on Backpackinglight that they were discontinuing the button up vest in favor of the full zip vest. Yes, the new ones are heavier and more expensive which is ridiculous. You may want to keep your eye out on ebay - sometimes after a sale like Patagonia just had, people will re-sell the stuff they bought. Where do you find a new, button-up, blue one? I can't help you there.

Michele
08-31-2006, 14:04
I did find this place just now, but the blue still isn't an option. There is green and this weird red. Good luck! I just received my black one from Altrec. Didn't care too much about color because it was so much cheaper than I had anticipated paying...but obviously it's a good thing I wasn't concerned w/the color. The price and weight increase of the zip vest I think will hurt their sales. Why mess w/an already great product?

http://www.idahomountaintouring.com/istar.asp?a=6&id=84035!1136&csurl=/istar.asp?a%3D3%26dept%3DCLINSU%26class%3DMen

Chalumeau
09-01-2006, 20:12
This is still available on the Patagonia web site along with a few other colors - just ordered one, as they are half the original price :)

http://www.patagonia.com/web/us/search/esearch.jsp?OPTION=ESEARCH&N=0&special=both&Ntt=micro+puff+vest#yc

DrewNC2005
09-01-2006, 22:28
They only have sizes on the extremes (small and huge). I saw that, too. I just figured the original poster had seen it as well since he/she mentioned visiting the site. If not, and someone wants a small or largish size, you're in luck!

Blissful
09-02-2006, 19:45
Yeah, my dh needs a big size so got it at a real good deal on an auction at E Bay last week - $17.95 for the blue one (which is hard to do sometimes with outdoor stuff on E Bay. Crazy what people will pay).