PDA

View Full Version : Platypus Hoser incision.

Earl Grey
09-01-2006, 20:08
I got the platypus hoser to hang from the inside of my pack for hydration. There are no precut holes so I cut some in order to put the webbing through which will suspend the hydration pack in the pack. When I did this I shook the bag up and down violently with water inside to see if the plastic would tear more and it did. I think after a while it will tear completely through and fall to the bottom of the pack. Would what be a good reenforcer for the plastic to not tear anymore?

Skidsteer
09-01-2006, 20:26
You cut holes in the creases at the 'bottom' of the hoser in the folds? Or you cut holes in the main body of the platy itself?

Earl Grey
09-01-2006, 20:58
You cut holes in the creases at the 'bottom' of the hoser in the folds? Or you cut holes in the main body of the platy itself?

I cut holes in the crease part where no water is. Its the more "rigid" plastic.

Alligator
09-01-2006, 22:00
Here's a different solution. Save an onion or orange mesh sack and use that to hold the bladder. Weighs next to nothing. They make good stuff sacks too, you just fold over the open end a few times and thread a cord through.

speedy
09-01-2006, 22:25
I really like the idea of using a stuff sack or something to put the platypus in and then hang that from the webbing. :D speedy

Skidsteer
09-02-2006, 08:03
Here's a different solution. Save an onion or orange mesh sack and use that to hold the bladder. Weighs next to nothing. They make good stuff sacks too, you just fold over the open end a few times and thread a cord through.

What Alligator said.

And I'm glad you didn't poke holes in the bladder itself. That would've limited your options if you know what I mean. :D

Rambler
09-03-2006, 13:57
Using a frameless pack, I place a folded sleeping pad next to my back, then I place the platypus, ie. the pad, not the bladder is against my back. It has been more comfortable, and I've not had any problem with the paltypus slipping out of place. I no longer have a need for internal pockets or hanging devices for a water bladder inside of the pack.