PDA

View Full Version : Delays in posting to threads

Frolicking Dinosaurs
09-05-2006, 09:27
When I try to post to threads, there is about a 10 minute freeze on the post in the political and non-AT poll area. Have I been placed in a special user category or is this a website problem?

Edited to add - one attempted post (to poll section thread on Is Iran's prez Wacko) has been frozen for well over an hour.

Gray Blazer
09-05-2006, 09:31
Fro, the office of Homeland Security is obviously checking you out. Illegally of course. Off to Auschwitz you go.:rolleyes:

Frolicking Dinosaurs
09-05-2006, 09:40
Hmmmm.... long delays, spotty enforcement, profiling... it does reek of Homeland Insecurity's way of doing business ;)

SGT Rock
09-05-2006, 10:12
Hmmmm. I am in no position to answer what may be up with the server. MAybe Troll will get some input from the host later.

Pacific Tortuga
09-05-2006, 10:40
Ya, seems like something is a bit askew, I have been double posting as of late and I thought I could delete my own posts. I then remember computers don't screw up, people do, so I let it slide. Or it could be Homeland Security ... Jorge ... Richard ... Donny ... can you hear me now ?

Frolicking Dinosaurs
09-05-2006, 12:26
OK, I've found via trial and error that it is only happening when I try to post a longish post via the Quick Reply box and is happening in all forums. If I go to the regular post reply page, the post go thru immediately

attroll
09-05-2006, 12:40
I can answer this one.

On another web site of mine that I maintain on this same server there was a security breach late Sunday and on into Monday. Is seems that someone found a way to upload a file and turn the server into an IRC chat server and that caused the whole server to slow down or I should say load down.

The hosting company caught this on Monday evening and fixed it. So as Of right now everything should be back to normal.

Gray Blazer
09-05-2006, 13:42
I can answer this one.

On another web site of mine that I maintain on this same server there was a security breach late Sunday and on into Monday. Is seems that someone found a way to upload a file and turn the server into an IRC chat server and that caused the whole server to slow down or I should say load down.

The hosting company caught this on Monday evening and fixed it. So as Of right now everything should be back to normal.

Right...That's what Karl Rove told you to say.

Fiddleback
09-08-2006, 10:59
...and Camp David is real close to the AT...:-?

Heater
09-08-2006, 11:10
Hmmmm.... long delays, spotty enforcement, profiling... it does reek of Homeland Insecurity's way of doing business ;)

If you look back, it all strated when you cited that story and posted the link to Al-Jezeera.

:eek: :-? :D

Frolicking Dinosaurs
09-08-2006, 15:38
Oh great... I'm on Homeland Insecurity's radar. If I disappear, look for me at Gizmo first.

Nean
09-08-2006, 23:51
Good to know. Thanks attroll.