PDA

View Full Version : Score!! $200 gift certificate to Campmor!!!

sirbingo
09-06-2006, 11:08
What’s up y’all!

I just got a $200 gift certificate to campmor as a wedding gift! :)
My friends are awesome. I was getting kind of sick of china, candlestick holders, garlic presses, etc…. :p

Only problem is that I have all the gear I need. :o

Hmmm… Maybe I could use a really cold weather sleeping bag? Or maybe a single person winter tent. Maybe my wife and I could use fancy water filter?

200 bucks is more then I usually have for a camping purchase. Do any of ya’ll know of a big ticket item I should think about getting…this might be the one time I’ll have extra money for a while.

Pringles
09-06-2006, 11:23
Do you have to use the gift certificate immediately? I know that money often burns a hole in my pocket, but sometimes if I wait just a l-i-t-t-l-e w-h-i-l-e, something comes up that I "need," instead of "want." Just a thought.

Beth

MOWGLI
09-06-2006, 11:25
Drive over there with your wife and figure it out together. Afterwards you could drive north on Rte 17 to the Stateline Diner (in Ramsey) and have lunch. Great diner! I've seen Danny Aiello there a couple of times.

Just remember - Paramus (the entire town) is closed on Sundays.

sirbingo
09-06-2006, 11:30
I'm not in a rush to get anything...I just like thinking about it.
Sometimes that's just as fun. :D

I was at the Campmor store a few weeks ago...the place is huge! And the prices can't be beat I feel sorry for the EMS that's right next door...well not really... :p

Lanthar Mandragoran
09-06-2006, 12:03
Dude,

You have the coolest friends... when you recover from the financial impact of the marriage, make sure to buy them a beer.

I have to admit though, I got an Xbox from my little bro & sis for my wedding present (which is about equally as cool, in my book) ;)

Heater
09-06-2006, 12:08
What’s up y’all!

I just got a $200 gift certificate to campmor as a wedding gift! :)
My friends are awesome. I was getting kind of sick of china, candlestick holders, garlic presses, etc…. :p

Only problem is that I have all the gear I need. :o

Hmmm… Maybe I could use a really cold weather sleeping bag? Or maybe a single person winter tent. Maybe my wife and I could use fancy water filter?

200 bucks is more then I usually have for a camping purchase. Do any of ya’ll know of a big ticket item I should think about getting…this might be the one time I’ll have extra money for a while.

Something that is going to wear out like shoes, boots or a rain jacket.
I'd also spend half of it on her, if you know what's good for you. ;)

Sly
09-06-2006, 17:46
I'd go for clothes, socks, shirts, shorts, convertibles, fleece.

Smile
09-06-2006, 18:07
Congrats! On both your wedding and the gift :)
Sure you can burn through that pretty quick with some great gear.

Blissful
09-06-2006, 20:38
I'll take it. ha ha :) I have a $170 order sitting in the Campmor shopping cart right now waiting to be bought.

At any rate, congratulations!!!! Give it to your wife and say, honey, go for it. :)

freefall
09-06-2006, 21:49
I'm not in a rush to get anything...I just like thinking about it.
Sometimes that's just as fun. :D

I was at the Campmor store a few weeks ago...the place is huge! And the prices can't be beat I feel sorry for the EMS that's right next door...well not really... :p
To cure my gear cravings and to see what's new out there, I'll go to the outfitter websites and shop. Actually put stuff in my shopping cart. Then after I'm done, I print it out and clear my cart and move on(some sites have wish lists that do the same thing). That way I have a list of what I want when I do go to make a purchase and I can compare the list to what is currently available without having to remember what I was looking at.
I did just did this monday night, total was over $4000, at Campmor! :D

Heater
09-06-2006, 21:57
To cure my gear cravings and to see what's new out there, I'll go to the outfitter websites and shop. Actually put stuff in my shopping cart. Then after I'm done, I print it out and clear my cart and move on(some sites have wish lists that do the same thing). That way I have a list of what I want when I do go to make a purchase and I can compare the list to what is currently available without having to remember what I was looking at.
I did just did this monday night, total was over $4000, at Campmor! :D

I just spent 156 bucks on underwear, socks and a new headlamp. :eek:
Almost dropped a bundle on a Suunto watch but I restrained myself. :banana