PDA

View Full Version : November Hike?

krazychefkurt
09-06-2006, 23:38
I am looking for some input on good November hikes?? I am trying to plan, but all local spots I have been to a few times and want to see another state or two. I am planning on goin for 2 weeks, somewhere around the first three weeks in November. Any great spots I should check out? I have gear to be in cold weather and love hiking in the cold. Thanks and peace

fiddlehead
09-07-2006, 05:25
That's a great time to go hiking. I'd say anywhere you like although the whites and maine may be tough at that time with snow and or ice. but if you love the cold, go for it. Maybe the long trail? would be a good choice i think. nice and cold.

LIhikers
09-08-2006, 08:23
Head south from your CT location. New York and New Jersey can be a nice fall hike.

twosticks
10-06-2006, 10:00
I am looking for some input on good November hikes?? I am trying to plan, but all local spots I have been to a few times and want to see another state or two. I am planning on goin for 2 weeks, somewhere around the first three weeks in November. Any great spots I should check out? I have gear to be in cold weather and love hiking in the cold. Thanks and peace

Shenandoah NP. Start at the bottom and go north through to PA. Beautiful colors, harpers ferry, what more could you want.

tiamalle
10-06-2006, 10:44
Shenandoah NP. Start at the bottom and go north through to PA. Beautiful colors, harpers ferry, what more could you want.From Springer to Fontana is nice this time of the year.All the yellow jacket are gone the humidity is gone and the days warm up to 50s if you like a little warmer.Leaves are down for nice mountain top views :o