PDA

View Full Version : wanna walk with me?

bido7614
09-07-2006, 18:16
hey there i am lissie.. cool huh? i am 17 but im not a really immature person. i am looking for someone to at least start the trail with me i plan on starting march 10th and go from georgia up.. please write me and let me know if you want to walk with me..
thanks

MOWGLI
09-07-2006, 18:25
:welcome I hiked some with three different 17 year olds in 2000. All of them started the trail by themselves - and all of them reached Katahdin.

Best of luck!

Pacific Tortuga
09-07-2006, 18:34
hey there i am lissie.. cool huh? i am 17 but im not a really immature person. i am looking for someone to at least start the trail with me i plan on starting march 10th and go from georgia up.. please write me and let me know if you want to walk with me..
thanks

Good luck and I do hope you connect with a hiking partner, my friends daughter is 17 mature for her age too. I just worry that there are too many 'myspace' creeps :mad: out in the world. :welcome to WB's, eveything you want or need to know you will find here along with a walking bud.

rockrat
09-07-2006, 19:07
I'm also 17 and starting the trail solo, but I'm leaving at the very end of Feb. so thats a little bit of a start gap.

mweinstone
09-07-2006, 20:54
your both my space creeps and also the same person. why prey on our sight?

mweinstone
09-07-2006, 20:58
wow its great to have younins! random was our class of 2006 younin. he sold chocolate to help with funds. also he has a mother like no other. she drove hundreds and hundreds of miles shuttleing him. random touched the hearts of all with his promising maturity. welcome liss.

Blue Jay
09-07-2006, 23:20
TROLL, next

FanaticFringer
09-08-2006, 16:56
Inverness is a cool little town. We used to camp often at Camper's World in Rutland on the Withlacoochie River. Man the memories.;)

bido7614
09-08-2006, 17:47
hey thanks for everything... I am hoping to find some people to start with but I can't leave before march. my mom is way awesome but shes not too hiped up about it. In fact she isn't happy about it at all but she realizes that it's something I really want to do, so she is supporting me. Also is there any advice? I have never hiked before but I have walked from town to town many times (usually at night though)
Lissie Schwartz

maxNcathy
09-08-2006, 19:39
No, I don't wanna walk with you...you are too young and pretty. I wouldn't be able to keep my eyes on the trail and I might walk off the mountain and die.
jkidding.
Everyone will walk and talk with you. I do hope I get to say hello and walk a while with you, LS.
Blessings, Sandalwood

Amigi'sLastStand
09-08-2006, 19:49
Hey there. I live in Lake Mary. I wont be hiking the AT next year, probably an FT thru if I have the time to spare. But if you want to do week prep down here next Feb. to check your gear, I could be up for that. PM me if you want.
Chuck
PS- I am not a perv or anything, other WBers that have met me can attest to that, lol. Besides, I'm married and prefer older women anyway.:D

mweinstone
09-08-2006, 23:03
your daughter does you proud. and she can use phones to let you know shes alive. and when she returnes to you she will have an appalachian trail musel with her for the rest of her life. enableing her to be stronger and safer and youll never worry again cause doing a thruhike leaves one with a streangth and a coolnes and more in touch and way less likely to loose focus in life. oh yeah mom,... you DO want your child to do this. yes you do.!
dear lord god (jesus's dad) please make my 16 year old son hike the trail somehow. love mat.

Just Jeff
09-09-2006, 00:42
Jeez, matthewski - I figured you'd pray to the tiny baby Jesus instead of Jesus's dad. You're just full of surprises! :p

Hope your hike is everything you want it to be, Lissie.

bido7614
09-09-2006, 20:22
you all sound like so much fun. i am really stoked about this.. and mathewski tell your son he can hike with me... if he'll do it.. im not boring and honestly i could deffinatly enjoy the company plus im not ugly.. lol well i will talk to you all soon.. hopefully.. i read my mom your post and she laughed.. shes begining to warm up to the idea but not enough yet... thanks though
lissie

hammock engineer
09-09-2006, 22:58
It will be a drive for you, but look into going to the Gathering this October. It is basically a big get together talking about the AT. Get your mom to take you and get a good idea what it is about and what most of the people are like.

I'll be out there starting mid March sometime. See you out there.

WhoAh
09-09-2006, 23:37
thanks

Lissie - I'm from the Lakeland area and will be heading out from Springer on March 17th/18th. I fall more into the old phart category so you will probably be leaving me in your dust.

I am going to see if we can't get some Central Florida Hikers together in January for a sorta mini-Ruck (there normally is one over New Years up in Ocala) to talk gear, etc. - will see if we can get one or two thru hikers to attend as well to answer any questions.

SawnieRobertson
09-10-2006, 10:41
:welcome I hiked some with three different 17 year olds in 2000. All of them started the trail by themselves - and all of them reached Katahdin.

Best of luck!

Yep. As I look back at age 17, I probably had more sense than I ever have had since. Been making up for it ever since.--Kinnickinic

bido7614
09-10-2006, 12:08
thanks. i will deffinatly try to go to the gathering in october and (woah) if you find people for the for the miny ruck in january let me know i would be more than happy to join.
lissie

maxNcathy
09-19-2006, 11:13
Lissie, do you still plan to go in March?

Ender
09-19-2006, 11:23
Don't worry about not starting with people. Starting in March, there will be you, and a gazillion other hikers out there the same time as you.

You're going to have a great time. Have fun!

bido7614
09-20-2006, 17:28
i still plan on going in march. why?
lissie

kritter
10-06-2006, 19:46
Hey, if your plans change you should come hike with me starting in June. I'm 18, my names Kristen and I really want another girl too hike the trail with. Are you graduating highschool six months early?

the_iceman
10-09-2006, 09:51
Lissie - I'm from the Lakeland area and will be heading out from Springer on March 17th/18th. I fall more into the old phart category so you will probably be leaving me in your dust.

I am going to see if we can't get some Central Florida Hikers together in January for a sorta mini-Ruck (there normally is one over New Years up in Ocala) to talk gear, etc. - will see if we can get one or two thru hikers to attend as well to answer any questions.

WhoAH -

I am moving to Ocala at the end of this month and commuting back and forth to Boston for a while. I plan on a March start if all goes well. Keep me posted on the mini-ruck I would love to find other hikers in the area. I have section hiked the northern third but this will be my first thru-hike.

Iceman

Paul Bunyan
10-21-2006, 19:31
Hey lissie, i'm josh and i'll be starting march 1'st. If you're looking for other peole to hike with, look for me, blissful, and skipper(my parents.:)