PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Looking For a Great College?

Nate
09-10-2006, 00:06
If anybody is looking for a great college on the AT look into Lees McRae College in beautiful Banner Elk, N.C. Its natural setting and its many degree offerings is enough to keep anyone happy. I am a biology naturalist major and couldn't love it any more. If anyone wants information or a tour feel free to contact me via a private message.

www.lmc.edu (http://www.lmc.edu)

Nate:welcome

hammock engineer
09-10-2006, 00:16
Sounds like a cool place. If I had to do it all over again, Biology would be something I would consider. But I am stopping at 2 degrees and almost 9 years of college.

bfitz
09-10-2006, 00:37
Sounds like you're in a great place.

Josh
09-10-2006, 06:49
Class of 1977, back when it was a Jr. College. I went there so I could hike my favorite sections of the AT.

anneandbenhike
09-10-2006, 08:31
We are looking forward to seeing the campus on September 30th because it is the start of the week long Cross North Carolina, Mountains to Sea Bicycle ride on the 1st of October. I hear it is a beautiful campus. We are delighted that we are being allowed to camp there for the night.

Wonder
09-10-2006, 17:39
Really nice campus.......you'll like it!

Jack Tarlin
09-10-2006, 17:54
I believe Warren Doyle either was, or perhaps still is, employed here.

Needless to say, I'm sure it's a wonderful place. :D

warren doyle
09-10-2006, 20:38
I have been employed here at Lees-McRae College since January 2004. I am a full-time faculty member in the elementary education program. It is a small, private liberal arts college with a lovely campus nestled between two ski resorts (Beech and Sugar Mts.). It claims the highest elevation of any college campus east of the Mississippi (approximately 3,900'). It is only a fifteen minute drive to the Rt. 19E trail/road crossing and a 45-minute drive to Carvers Gap in the Roan Highlands. One can see Grandfather and Hump Mts. from campus. We are hoping to implement a Wilderness Studies minor and a Appalachian Trail Semester in the next few years.
If you are in the area, you are welcome to stay with us since we have extra guest beds in our on-campus home.
Happy trails!

Twofiddy
09-10-2006, 22:26
I have been employed here at Lees-McRae College since January 2004. I am a full-time faculty member in the elementary education program.

Hows that going by the way?? Dr. Bowen left your old job at GMU for a job in Concord NH... (we used to joke that she got your old job there.... really it was not)

Anyhow... just felt like chiming in...

warren doyle
09-10-2006, 22:44
The person who followed me as the Director of Hemlock Overlook: GMU's Center for Outdoor Education was not who you mentioned and this person is still at GMU.

And it's Appalachian.

Nate
09-10-2006, 23:40
<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 241986" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>anneandbenhike</TD><TD class=alt2>We are looking forward to seeing the campus on September 30th because it is the start of the week long Cross North Carolina, Mountains to Sea Bicycle ride on the 1st of October. I hear it is a beautiful campus. We are delighted that we are being allowed to camp there for the night.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Stop by if you get a chance and if I'm off work @ the cafe I'll show you the town or anywhere else you want to see. I'm in Avery Hall room 307. And Mr. Warren Doyle please get those programs A.S.A.P. I like our Biology Naturalist program but I long for more. I know plenty of people that would be attracted to this program and if in any way I could help request it let me know and I'll push for it.
Nate:welcome
[email protected]

Natchez
09-11-2006, 00:12
LMC has some awsome bike rider Bent Brookwater ad all the others!

Twofiddy
09-17-2006, 20:33
The person who followed me as the Director of Hemlock Overlook: GMU's Center for Outdoor Education was not who you mentioned and this person is still at GMU.

And it's Appalachian.

Yea right, initials of person who got your old job is SJ.... cant say anything about her. Met her once, and she was in her own little world.

erichlf
09-18-2006, 10:15
Virginia Tech is in Blacksberg Virginia. Pretty much right by the AT.