PDA

View Full Version : candy/snacks,.....NOW!

mweinstone
09-10-2006, 14:37
list all your candy and ready to eat sweets.

12 snickers,bag of gummies ,lb of chocolate,two cans of cashews,box of rasins( only every other reload),box ofpoptarst,roll of sweetarts,6 paydays.
total wt is a state secret witch if it got out id be hunted down for my spoils
i have never met another who carrys as much. i need munchies. and i cant eat alone. so my bag can be passed around with no effect. i demand performance from my candy bag. shes a sweet ride.

mweinstone
09-10-2006, 14:40
please give candy to all hungry children.after a good meal. and a roof. school,...mom...dad......country,....bla,.bla...bl a you know my list by now. love mat.

HapKiDo
09-10-2006, 16:22
:-? Winter time, I use chocolate but in hot weather I don't.

Pecans, Almonds, Dates, dried Mango (cut into small pieces) (good for digestion of protein), M&Ms, Werthers or other hard candy, Starbursts, jerky (cut to bite sized pieces), animal crackers, dry cereal du jour, dried Cranberries, dried Apricot. Granola bars. Sausage/Cheese sticks. Washed down with Energen C.

HapKiDo:D

Topcat
09-10-2006, 20:06
Jolly Ranchers are my sugar source of choice while walking and chocolate of any kind for sitting, so i can lay back and enjoy....

mweinstone
09-11-2006, 07:34
a word about the nessesety of the so called "laughing or , jolly rancher' they light up the trail 6 or 7 yards to the rear of a stinky hiker with strawberrie, grape and cherry.providing a viable sheild against funk foot, mildew shoe, and a host of farting desices.yes the jolly is the air freashener of the at.there the bullies of bad breath. the mint of chooice for after smoking, and the only gaurenteed way to a thruchicks heart.

Michele
09-11-2006, 11:18

12 snickers,bag of gummies ,lb of chocolate,two cans of cashews,box of rasins( only every other reload),box ofpoptarst,roll of sweetarts,6 paydays.
i have never met another who carrys as much. i need munchies. and i cant eat alone. so my bag can be passed around with no effect. i demand performance from my candy bag. shes a sweet ride.

Did I read somewhere else that you're diabetic, or was that someone else? If so, how do you get away with eating all the sugar? Just curious...that's all. :)

peanuts
09-11-2006, 11:52
Michele, as a diabetic myself, usually while I am backpacking my blood sugar barely registers in me. All that walking for all those hours help keep it in a manegable number...

Love the snickers.....

mweinstone
09-11-2006, 18:50
my diabetes is unchecked and out of control. so i eat what i wand and die a little earlyer.but i could stop any time i want. and i eat healthy so that i can eat junk. not for health like most people.i dont live by the rule that says, try to stay alive as long as you can. i live by the rule, try to find a good cause to die for .and candy and me are long time bros. we go to the grave together.i wanna be burried with chocolate beans.

mweinstone
09-11-2006, 19:08
archyologists unearthed the remains of an appalachian trail hikers grave over 500 years ago discovering the man to be burried in chocolate beans. the grave was carefully reinterred for future digs and today a team from the institute for the repopulation of earth or IFRPOE reported that an expedition of twenty explorers who are re mapping the eastern coast's post asteroid topography stumbled onto a chocolate forrest growing in the spot of the grave witch had been spared in the collisions of 2006.they theorize the deep freezing from the sudden hundred year ice age that followed and the subsiquint tropical climat witch resulted from the pole shift of 2007......sprouted the beans and seeds witch were deep in the ground and formed the now vast chocolate forrest dubbed by the team"matthewskis dark and semi sweet forrest" witch in the newly universalized language will read " snickers dell"

Skidsteer
09-11-2006, 19:34
archyologists unearthed the remains of an appalachian trail hikers grave over 500 years ago discovering the man to be burried in chocolate beans. the grave was carefully reinterred for future digs and today a team from the institute for the repopulation of earth or IFRPOE reported that an expedition of twenty explorers who are re mapping the eastern coast's post asteroid topography stumbled onto a chocolate forrest growing in the spot of the grave witch had been spared in the collisions of 2006.they theorize the deep freezing from the sudden hundred year ice age that followed and the subsiquint tropical climat witch resulted from the pole shift of 2007......sprouted the beans and seeds witch were deep in the ground and formed the now vast chocolate forrest dubbed by the team"matthewskis dark and semi sweet forrest" witch in the newly universalized language will read " snickers dell"

I suspect "Ganja Glen" would be discovered the next day in an adjacent valley. :D

Amigi'sLastStand
09-11-2006, 20:14
need sugar.must eet sugar.jolly ranshers,snickers,milkyway.mnms if there around.any kinda chocolate.in the yeer 2525 everyone will be hiking the trail eating chocolate.i forsee this.the hole of humanity will circle around an old poet named mweinstone.his writing will teach the children about hiking and candy.the bible will contain the old testament, the new testament, and the newer testament containing the zen koans of mweinstone from wb.the top selling product will be oxyclear.invest now for your greatx10grandkids sake.puncuation and capitilization will be outlawed.minnesotasmith will sit at his right hand.this is the future.
:D
How'd I do?

Skidsteer
09-11-2006, 20:21
:D
How'd I do?

Great!

You need to work on that spelling though. Way better than Matthewski. ;)

And try asking for a fried bologna sandwich next time.

mweinstone
09-11-2006, 21:09
squrril nut zippers,atomic fireballs, sour balls, root beer barrles, taffy of every flag and nation and salt water taffy from jersey and those bbats things and funny wax things filled with unexsplainable juice and suggar daddys and lucky charms and non perlines and neopolitans and valentine boxes of weirdo nuts covered in chocolate and freezed dryed ice cream and vannila,strawberry and chocolate gum and wax teeth. no one should go into the forrest without a pair of wax teeth. and razzles and giant jaw breakers and pixi stix . ya know what i mean?

Brrrb Oregon
09-11-2006, 23:49
Snickers, scharfenberger nubblies, chocolate-covered coffee beans, dried cherries, fig newtons, cashews, almond joy, and M&Ms. Sometimes gummy bears or those Pepperidge Farm cookies with the chocolate on the inside. Oh, and I like Monster Cookies, too, but those are homemade, so they don't count.

We're not even diabetic and wonder if that bag comes with insulin.

And you were going to just run and let the bear have that. Right. I thought you were pulling everyone's leg with that story, and now I'm sure of it!

speedy
09-12-2006, 03:08
In protest to certain poster's blantant disregard for paragraphs, I've decided to break up my list into catagories. :p

Energy Bars:
My friend that I usually hike with is in some sort of co-op, and he ocasionally gets tons of energy/protein bars. Snickers Marathon and Clif mostly. Those usually make it into both our packs.
Of the store bought stuff, I prefer Clif bars (carrot cake and the seaonal pumpkin pie), in the winter time since they don't get as hard and chewy as some other bars. Not to mention they taste the best. I've tried various forms of gel, but they all make me want to gak even when I felt great before.
I've been trying to create a recipe to make my own energy bar. My goal is to end up with something that is relatively low in fat and has a good balance of protein and carbs (mostly complex from grains and such, enough simple sugars to bind it should be all it needs) and tastes good. This way I can make them into golfball size pieces and just pop one in my mouth every hr or so. Forget the struggle of eating a bar with treking poles in hand. Hopefully pack them in plastic sleeves like giant sixlets. I've also really been trying to get the stickiness factor to a minimum (still working on this one). I'm trying several new batches tomorrow afternoon hopefully.

GORP:
Generally I'll throw together some gorp before the trip. Tends to have lots of cashews, soy nuts, dried pineapple, and such (basically everything but rasins and peanuts). Chocolate comes in the form of M&Ms in the summer and Gherridelli semi-sweet chips in the winter. Heck, in the winter I sometimes just bring the chocolate and leave the rest at home. I don't carry too much though as I find it harder to eat with treking poles in hand and can make me worse if I'm already feeling sick.

Oreos:
Speaking of feeling sick, I've found Oreos to be good if I'm pushing high mileage over a number of days, as I can get a bit nauseated at times and they generally don't make me sick. Not too sure about the nutritional value, but at least they give me energy.

Jerky:
I always take jerky. Hopefully homemade and preferably black peppered. It has gotten me up more mountains than anything else. Before the trip I make sure all of it is in 1"x3" or so pieces. As I start up a mountain that I know I'm not going to be able to do otherwise I get one piece. I take a tiny bite and start chewing it as much as possible until it's completly decentigrated. I pretty much just concentrate on that and not on the fact that my legs feel like Chernobyl fuel rods. One piece will generally last me 1-2 Georgia sized PUDs. Weird I know, but it works for me. I've recently made some hardtack from a civilwar recipe. I'm going to try this out on my trip next week and see how this works to change things up a bit. You definitely have to eat it one small, slow bite at a time.

Crackers:
Lance. Nekot (7g protein), Grilled Cheese on Captain's Wafers, Cheddar on Wheat.

One bizzare snack:
I almost always have a freezer bag with some rehydrated seasoned couscous or bulgur wheat with me. If I stop for a 15min break I'll eat a few bites and zip it back up. I've found it keeps away the hunger pains like nothing else.

This thread illustrates just how random food is for people. It's definitely the one thing that requires trial and error to discover what works for each individual. While I stock a wide variety, the quantity of my snacks on the trail is limited. Generally something for energy ever hr or two (Clif bar, Lance cracker pack, or oreos) and Jerky for getting up tough climbs. I try to take a nice big 1-1.5 hr lunch break. Sometimes even doing a freezerbag. Of course, it's always washed down with Emer-gen'C. (Side note, used to get a cold about 4-5 times a year. Since I started drinking this stuff every day, about a year and a half ago, I haven't been sick since.) Great thread mweinstone :D speedy

mweinstone
09-12-2006, 07:34
your post id so interesting to me. first ive been looking to buy hard tac for years. i want the recepie now! second i also play walk and chew with jerkey. after you swallow the first bit youve lost the battle to chew forever!

speedy
09-12-2006, 11:02
Found this thread in the "new posts" page. Just saw where it was. Please don't kick me out! ;)

first ive been looking to buy hard tac for years. i want the recepie now!

There's a bunch of different recipes, but most of them seem to elaborate to be authentic. Some of them even included oil which didn't sound right. Then I found this one.

Preheat oven to 400° F
For each cup of flour add 1 tsp. of salt (I find this to be too much, and most other recipes agree)
Mix salt and flour with just enough water to bind
Flatten into a cookie sheet 1/4 inch thick (you could even go thinner if you enjoy having teeth, just adjust the baking time)
Cut into squares 3 inches by 3 inches
Pierce each square with 16 holes about ½ inch apart (it takes a while, but I usually use a skewer. Probably come up with something that already has 16 pins if I make it much more.)
Bake in oven until edges are brown or dough is hard, about 20-25 minutes, turning once (most recipes suggest 1/2 hr per side. So I usually split the difference and do 20 per side)
The longer you bake the hardtack, the more authentic it will appear.

I've been thinking about making a batch with dried herbs or something in it. Cause as it is, it tastes like flour and salt (imagine that). Maybe some thyme and garlic powder or something. These things do come out impressively hard. The closest thing I can think of to the consistency/weight/hardness is terracotta.

after you swallow the first bit youve lost the battle to chew forever!

A problem with the jerky have you not. The power of jerky force understand you, yes? :D speedy

Brrrb Oregon
09-12-2006, 16:40
Found this thread in the "new posts" page. Just saw where it was. Please don't kick me out! ;)

There's a bunch of different recipes, but most of them seem to elaborate to be authentic. Some of them even included oil which didn't sound right. Then I found this one.

Preheat oven to 400° F
For each cup of flour add 1 tsp. of salt (I find this to be too much, and most other recipes agree)
Mix salt and flour with just enough water to bind
Flatten into a cookie sheet 1/4 inch thick (you could even go thinner if you enjoy having teeth, just adjust the baking time)
Cut into squares 3 inches by 3 inches
Pierce each square with 16 holes about ½ inch apart (it takes a while, but I usually use a skewer. Probably come up with something that already has 16 pins if I make it much more.)
Bake in oven until edges are brown or dough is hard, about 20-25 minutes, turning once (most recipes suggest 1/2 hr per side. So I usually split the difference and do 20 per side)
The longer you bake the hardtack, the more authentic it will appear.

I've been thinking about making a batch with dried herbs or something in it. Cause as it is, it tastes like flour and salt (imagine that). Maybe some thyme and garlic powder or something. These things do come out impressively hard. The closest thing I can think of to the consistency/weight/hardness is terracotta.

A problem with the jerky have you not. The power of jerky force understand you, yes? :D speedy

Terracotta would be authentic, as would the salt load. Hardtack was prized for indestructibility, not delectibility...and let's face it, if you lived on salt pork with enough salt in it to actually preserve it in a wagon for months on end, your palate would probably have backed off to about 8 tastebuds for salt. Other seasonings also tend to be far too high in old recipes, because truly fresh spices were a relative rarity. If you use whole-grain flour, that will make them a little more crumbly, although it will lower their durability and could lower their longevity a bit.

This was before preservatives, though. Now, we have ways to make marshmallow chicks last for as long as formal childhood. Heck, those things will probably last as long as actual childhood, if you keep them out of the sun.

With that in mind...why?

OK. If you're going for a homemade preservative-free cracker that will last a long time it is going need a good salt load, no dairy, preferably white flour instead of whole wheat, and preferably no oil. All those goodies make the crackers go rancid or inedibly stale much sooner.

If you're going to all that trouble, I think I'd go for commercial crackers and concentrate on a custom-made pemmican bar. I have not found a recipe that I'm happy with, so let me know what you guys turn up....and if you know I am absolutely out in left field on the hardtack, I'd be thrilled if you would send me a recipe in way of correction.

mweinstone
09-12-2006, 17:14
hard tack must have sugar . no? and rising agent enough to leave molars? is it wrong to want teeth? am i a bad person? i had this crap in the marines that was put on ships with emergensy drinking water in cans that would float if a ship was blown up and sunk. the men in the water could eat drink and be eaten by sharks with hard tack that tasted sweet and was hard but not very very and it filled you stomach with only two 3x3's. it was in cans about 5 lbs each and about 10 or more years old. i miss those old lame ass crackers.

mweinstone
09-12-2006, 17:24
its called pemician brand.and you cant make it. its made by ompa loompas and no one gets nere the factory. of course you know the old indian recepie dont you? bear or goose or some animals fat , mixed with cranberries or mullberries or cherries or any berry or fruit and dried meat.in my opinion,..the bar market os overrated. its way more important to eat crap you normaly eat rather than make food into a bar just cause your goin for a walk.and why do they make goo? are we too rushed to chew? well then the next logical step will be patches. no time to eat. just wear a patch. yuck! if that day comes im gonna walk around eating kale loudly to annoy people. "look at that jerk ,......eating!! ha ha ha!"

Michele
09-12-2006, 18:11
Anyone up for some pop rocks or zots balls? I think eating pop rocks just as I crawl into my sleeping bag in a shelter full of tired hikers would be a GREAT way to make friends! :D

StarLyte
09-12-2006, 18:16
HA HA Michele, great idea. I love them too.

mweinstone
09-12-2006, 19:01
a rig jacknifed with a lod of pop rocks in the rain and exsploded. the driver blown to kingdom come.know it?

saimyoji
09-12-2006, 19:36
a rig jacknifed with a lod of pop rocks in the rain and exsploded. the driver blown to kingdom come.know it?

No, but there was a kid in my neighborhood, I'd never actually met him though, that ate a whole bag of pop rocks, then chugged a Pepsi and his stomach exploded.

mweinstone
09-12-2006, 21:59
that kid lives in most towns in america. can zots be dangerous?as dangerous as alkaseltzer. okay who can name the most forgotten candy?
member,...............zagnut bars?

mweinstone
09-12-2006, 22:04
beware the laundrymat candy machine. her nuts are soggy and her chips wet. how often do shopkeeps stock zagnut? never. shopkeeps? where did that come from? must have been the word zagnut. its so dated and ,....haunted. oooh ,..he haunted candybar,........im soooo scared. wait ,.. im bored not scared,... yeah ,.

Amigi'sLastStand
09-12-2006, 22:10
candy manchine in suana, no good.. candi michene at nudist colony, best yet. her nuts are hard and her chips are firm... wait a secondd....where the hell am I?.

Brrrb Oregon
09-12-2006, 22:40
hard tack must have sugar . no? and rising agent enough to leave molars? is it wrong to want teeth? am i a bad person? i had this crap in the marines that was put on ships with emergensy drinking water in cans that would float if a ship was blown up and sunk. the men in the water could eat drink and be eaten by sharks with hard tack that tasted sweet and was hard but not very very and it filled you stomach with only two 3x3's. it was in cans about 5 lbs each and about 10 or more years old. i miss those old lame ass crackers.

The impression I get is that it was that the old stuff was hard because it was meant for very long term, very bad condition storage. No fat to go rancid. Solid so it didn't crumble. No seasonings or sugar because you weren't supposed to want to get into it until you were essentially ready to eat wood and besides nobody cared about whether sailors or soldiers liked their food or not. It was okay that you had to sort of gnaw on it, because you weren't going anywhere. You might even be looking to make the experience last.

Baked goods were done up fresh, when you were able. Nothing you did six months ago was going to be as good as what just came out of the oven or off of the griddle. Hardtack was something you wanted to be able to keep around a long long time without having to throw it out, for when you weren't able to cook.

If you want to keep your teeth, join 21st century food technology. Oh, and modern dental hygiene, too. Things were a little loose back when people gave thanks for living past 50.

its called pemician brand.and you cant make it. its made by ompa loompas and no one gets nere the factory. of course you know the old indian recepie dont you? bear or goose or some animals fat , mixed with cranberries or mullberries or cherries or any berry or fruit and dried meat.in my opinion,..the bar market os overrated. its way more important to eat crap you normaly eat rather than make food into a bar just cause your goin for a walk.and why do they make goo? are we too rushed to chew? well then the next logical step will be patches. no time to eat. just wear a patch. yuck! if that day comes im gonna walk around eating kale loudly to annoy people. "look at that jerk ,......eating!! ha ha ha!"

The stuff I normally eat is heavy and generally requires cooking utensils before eating and washing for the dishes and refrigeration for the leftovers afterwards.

I do dishes three times a day, every day. I often cook three times a day, too. Sorry, but if it means that the packing will involve almost no kitchen equipment, the cooking will involve nothing more than boiling water, and the cleanup will require no more than cleaning my spoon, I can handle going in the direction of goo. I can handle doing twice as much work in the end, if 90% of it is done before I leave home. I'm not in a hurry, but those really simple meals offer their own kind of satisfaction. It is nice to decide to need less or to let my other needs come first for a change.

This does not mean I would consider somebody who's willing to suffer to get better grub a jerk. By no means! In fact, if you invited me over, I would beg at the table with puppy eyes like a stray basset hound. I would offer to do your dishes. I would praise your foresight and willingness to go the extra mile. As for me, though, I'd rather go the extra mile before I leave home.

That is the beauty of the treat bag. It is exactly what I want and no work. Add it to the beauty of nature and no "to do" list...bliss.

speedy
09-13-2006, 01:33

This is one I saw once that mentioned something about sailing or something, but didn't seem to be the ancient bombproof recipe that I was searching for, so I've never made it.

2 1/2 cups old-fashioned or quick oats.
3 cups unbleached flour.
1 1/2 teaspoons salt.
1 teaspoon baking soda.
In a separate container, mix:
1 1/2 cups buttermilk.
3 tablespoons honey.
1/2 cup melted bacon drippings or shortening.
Combine the two sets of ingredients.
When the dough is thoroughly mixed, roll it out on a floured board to a thickness of about a quarter inch.
Cut out circles of dough with a large drinking glass dipped in flour and put them on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
Bake for about 5 1/2 minutes at 450 degrees.
Let the hardtack cool on a wire rack before serving with jam or jelly.

:D speedy

mweinstone
09-13-2006, 19:16
barrrrb, when i peel garlic or make freash ginger tea in a shelter , people look sad.then sometimes if its a couple, they grumble. and if there eating envelope food they curse under there breath. and when they only get more envelope food in their drop boxes, they are mad.

Brrrb Oregon
09-13-2006, 20:13
barrrrb, when i peel garlic or make freash ginger tea in a shelter , people look sad.then sometimes if its a couple, they grumble. and if there eating envelope food they curse under there breath. and when they only get more envelope food in their drop boxes, they are mad.

Whenever you are not at the bottom of the dung heap, someone will dislike you for being enviable. You would hope that the number of bitter people you meet would fall off with the square of your distance from a parking lot, but this is not so. Bitter people hike, too. Maybe they are just angry because you don't know basset hound eyes when you see them. Oh, well. It is not as if they don't sell garlic and ginger down in town.

I might say, "Oh, you loser!", but I hope I would say it with obvious admiration and good-natured envy....making it clear who I thought the loser really was!

BTW, do you find that if you carry so much good food that you also have to carry a sword? I would hope not.

mweinstone
09-14-2006, 17:19
apologizes to brrrb. you sound so cool but unfortunatly i really am not smart and as much as its fun and cool to be dumb,.. once in a while like now, when ive struck up or tryed to keep up a real conversation with a real person, about real things i love to talk about,.... i have to stop and wright this apology. and im not kidding. i really mean this.

im sorry but i dont understand anything your talking about with me. i dont mean disrespect as im aware of your brothers and i like you. but im so out of touch .(hence the admiration for a certian threaded hiker whos home state is minnisota) like him im even way more of a outsider. but i hear your intellegence and realness. i would say ive met a dozen real folks so far on this path of life.so here it is. wanna cook candy on the web together? im still exsperomenting with boiling the sugar and adding almond exstract and making blobs and wraping them in wax and ,... they suck . i cant get the temperature to hold steady long enough to not go to hard ball or soft crack or whatever that wonka term is. im really coo coo for coco puffs about certian things.any way now that ive interjected candy talk into my secret letter,.....so if you wanna re exsplaine everything in your last post , cool. i still get lost.not ozzy osbourn lost, more like abc's lost, lost.

where ever i have lived, bags of accorns ,dozens of jars full of every drying exsperoment . ive dryed myself silly. im done. after trying to dry lemmons and weird things,. i can safly say ive dryed em all.and nothin beats apples. the dryers first and tru love.addorning my apt is every conceivable end of world device . last year it was the giant solar cooker. before that it was all milkweed down , all the time. i was making pillows and sleeping bags and sneezed myself silly. then there was the hony collecting. 150 types. the best by far, undesputed world champion of honeys is,.... ready?,......basswood. and the best basswood honey comes from?,.......tanzania!

Brrrb Oregon
09-14-2006, 19:26
apologizes to brrrb. you sound so cool but unfortunatly i really am not smart and as much as its fun and cool to be dumb,.. once in a while like now, when ive struck up or tryed to keep up a real conversation with a real person, about real things i love to talk about,.... i have to stop and wright this apology. and im not kidding. i really mean this.

im sorry but i dont understand anything your talking about with me. i dont mean disrespect as im aware of your brothers and i like you. but im so out of touch .(hence the admiration for a certian threaded hiker whos home state is minnisota) like him im even way more of a outsider. but i hear your intellegence and realness. i would say ive met a dozen real folks so far on this path of life.so here it is. wanna cook candy on the web together? im still exsperomenting with boiling the sugar and adding almond exstract and making blobs and wraping them in wax and ,... they suck . i cant get the temperature to hold steady long enough to not go to hard ball or soft crack or whatever that wonka term is. im really coo coo for coco puffs about certian things.any way now that ive interjected candy talk into my secret letter,.....so if you wanna re exsplaine everything in your last post , cool. i still get lost.not ozzy osbourn lost, more like abc's lost, lost.

where ever i have lived, bags of accorns ,dozens of jars full of every drying exsperoment . ive dryed myself silly. im done. after trying to dry lemmons and weird things,. i can safly say ive dryed em all.and nothin beats apples. the dryers first and tru love.addorning my apt is every conceivable end of world device . last year it was the giant solar cooker. before that it was all milkweed down , all the time. i was making pillows and sleeping bags and sneezed myself silly. then there was the hony collecting. 150 types. the best by far, undesputed world champion of honeys is,.... ready?,......basswood. and the best basswood honey comes from?,.......tanzania!

Oh, heavens, you don't need to apologize. I do not know anyone, least of all my brothers, who understand what the h*** I am talking about all of the time. I apparently leave out some of the little details that connect one thought to another. Like most of them. And I don't even do drugs. Go figure.

Candy isn't something I've had much experience with. My mom used to make it, though. It takes some experience, but being a chemist by training, I like to help things out with equipment. If I wanted good results, I'd make sure I had a nice heavy pan--too heavy to get dents--and an honest-to-goodness candy thermometer. The kind that will give you a reading with only a tiny bit of the thermometer in the candy. That's about all the help I can offer, although I can ask some friends who are good at it if you need advice.

mweinstone
09-14-2006, 19:43
yes,.... a heavy pan,......perfect smithers,........why didnt i think of that?my thermometer sucks too!im goin to sonoma and williams tommorow and gettin a billion dollar thermometer with bucket seats and a spoiler. good. we work well together. are you of any biological use to me said minnisota smith? kidding. hope you read that post witch turnes mine into a joke.and my current thermometers have a clip for putting it in your shirt pocket. what the hell? what,... guys and gals with pocket shirts go to lunch from the candy factory with there thermometers ? and there allways walking around testing tempretures? whats with the clip? any help?