PDA

View Full Version : DavidNH (snickers) 2nd update

DavidNH
09-10-2006, 18:40
Here is another update folks. Sorry for not posting much on white blaze but opportunities for internet access on the trail aren't too frequent and when I do get it well don't always remember to post.

As of today, September 10, 2006 I have arrived in Stratton, ME. I have 187 miles left to Mt. Katahdin!! ME is easily the most beautiful state in terms of scenery but it is also one of the hardest.

To this day I have not slack packed. Don't intent to, except maybe for the climb up Mt. Katahdin. I hike only north and always with my pack.

To answer a question of one of the replies.. I don't drink beer because I have never liked it, and I am so sick of the huge amount of alcohol consumed by so many of the AT hikers (especially the younger crowd) and don't even get me started on the smokers. Why don't we make a valley trail so folks can bar hop..since bars--not mountains-- is what most of these kids really like. At least it seems to be that way.

I am down 50 pounds from when I started almost 6 months ago. My appetite is out of control and I am always hungry! I love food!!! Especially chocolate... and of course snickers bars!

David (trail name snickers)

PS I have hiked a lot with Bama. She is now several days aheady of me so I don't expect to catch her. If any one gets news..please let me know how she's doing and if and when she finishes the trail. I am confident she will finish.

I hope to finish by end of September.

PPS: white blaze has been invaluable to me inmy preparations for this hike. I was not sure originally I wouldcomplete this trail. But now I am certain I will finish..in my own way at my own pace-- purist and soaking upt he scenery with moderate miles. A special thanks also to Baltimore Jack who answered a whole lot of questions and is always working at keeping white blaze civil!!

Roland
09-10-2006, 18:47
Good luck in the home-stretch, David. You looked strong when I saw you. I, too, am confident you will go all the way.

Ewker
09-11-2006, 13:41
Hey Snickers, good luck to you. As far as Bama goes her journal was updated on Sept 9th and she was headed to Pierce Pond Lean-to.

I have followed he journal since I met her way back in April.

flatrocks
09-19-2006, 12:36
Hey Snickers, it's FlatRocks. Bama is expecting to summit on Friday, Sept 22!!!

Congratulations on all you've done so far. Good luck!

Jack Tarlin
09-19-2006, 18:54
David---

Congratulations in advance, I hope you have a wonderful finish.

It will also mean that 100% of prospective hikers who've attended our Trashgiving weekend in Hanover will have ended up completing their journeys!

We'll have to keep that up this year!!