PDA

View Full Version : tommorrow is the big day

neo
09-11-2006, 15:09
tommorrow i will be flying to nh.i will do a south bound section hike from gorham to kinsman notch,then i will jump down to manchester vt and fill in a gap i missed last year from manchester vt to dalton mass.:cool: neo

chicote
09-11-2006, 15:13
Have fun. I heard Hillary is going to be doing trail magic sometime in the next 3 days on that section of trail.

Michele
09-11-2006, 15:16
Have fun. I heard Hillary is going to be doing trail magic sometime in the next 3 days on that section of trail.

Wow Neo..have a great time! I too heard that Hillary would be in that section of the trail, but that she was specifically hoping to give trail magic to hikers w/3 letters in their trail names. Cross my fingers for ya! :D

neo
09-11-2006, 15:23
:D i am gonna hammock all the way:cool: neo

neo
09-11-2006, 15:24
Wow Neo..have a great time! I too heard that Hillary would be in that section of the trail, but that she was specifically hoping to give trail magic to hikers w/3 letters in their trail names. Cross my fingers for ya! :D

thanks sweetie and happy hammock hanging to ya:cool: neo

Tinker
09-11-2006, 16:26
Good luck, Neo. It's going to be rather chilly according to the reports I've seen. You should be ok with an underquilt, but a backup ccf pad is not a bad idea either.

neo
09-12-2006, 05:21
i will be leaving for the airport in a few minutes,i will take plenty of pictures
neo:cool:

Tin Man
09-12-2006, 05:32
Neo, Have a great hike! :cool:

MOWGLI
09-17-2006, 17:35
I just heard from Neo. The Whites are kicking his butt. He has managed to do 7-10 miles a day, and he is getting whooped with that mileage. He ran into Minnesota Smith and his 6 roles of TP in Gorham. He also saw Kerosene & Hikerhead on the trail. I'm sure he'll give an expanded report upon his return.

Ewker
09-17-2006, 17:57
One thing about Neo he will tell you what he thinks.

A-Train
09-17-2006, 19:10
I just heard from Neo. The Whites are kicking his butt. He has managed to do 7-10 miles a day, and he is getting whooped with that mileage. He ran into Minnesota Smith and his 6 roles of TP in Gorham. He also saw Kerosene & Hikerhead on the trail. I'm sure he'll give an expanded report upon his return.

Interesting. I've heard him say countless times he hikes 20-25 miles whatever the terrain is.

DawnTreader
09-17-2006, 19:28
Interesting. I've heard him say countless times he hikes 20-25 miles whatever the terrain is.
Big F in deal.. He changed his mind on this section
Go NEO GO

Footslogger
09-18-2006, 09:19
[quote=MOWGLI16]I just heard from Neo. The Whites are kicking his butt. He has managed to do 7-10 miles a day, and he is getting whooped with that mileage.
========================================

Honestly that comes as no surprize. 10 miles/day is a full slate in the Whites and that is AFTER you've been hiking for 5 months. I suggested that to Neo when he first posted the plans for his hike but he had a plan and was determined to stick with it.

I give him a lot of credit for both the plan AND the smarts to back off when the time came.

I'm looking forward to reading his summary of the hike.

'Slogger

Sly
09-19-2006, 13:58
Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by MOWGLI16
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

Something doesn't make sense here. Unless he decided to start his hike from Pinkham, he couldn't be doing 7-10 and be at Mitzpah three days later. On the otherhand, if he was doing mid-20's, it would be possible to start from Gorham and be at Mizpah the day Kerosene saw him.

MOWGLI
09-19-2006, 14:03
Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by MOWGLI16
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

Something doesn't make sense here. Unless he decided to start his hike from Pinkham....

He started at Pinkham. Very astute observation SLy.

Sly
09-19-2006, 14:06
He started at Pinkham. Very astute observation SLy.

But, but he went to hike, not bail!!!! :D I suppose if he has time he can flip-flop! :p

Ramble~On
09-19-2006, 14:10
Kerosene saw Neo.... ?
Perhaps Neo saw Kerosene cause with all that camo I doubt anybody can see Neo :cool: ...

Couldn't Resist :cool:

Yeah, can't help myself:cool:

:cool:

karo
09-19-2006, 17:44
Neo, I hope you have a great hike, Karo