PDA

View Full Version : Gathering Update...

Sly
09-13-2006, 18:35
I don't think Stacy will mind if I repost... If you'd like to volunteer email gathering at aldha.org

Dear Fellow ALDHA member,

Can you believe it, the 25th Anniversary Gathering is only a couple of
weeks away and as the Board finalizes the details, presenters practice
their show's timing and prepare their handouts, and printers prepare the
program, the excitement builds for everyone who will be attending.

The dates, once again, are Oct. 13, 14 and 15, at Concord University in
Athens, W.Va., with camping at the nearby Appalachian South Folklife Center
in Pipestem, W.Va. If you haven't pre-registered, don't worry. Register
when you get there. After 25 years, it's still only $10 per person! Details
are online, at http://www.aldha.org/gathring.htm

Greg and I are excited about the celebration. This year's Gathering has a
wide range of workshops and clinics, Saturday and Sunday community
programs, and another fabulous set of evening presentations. The Hiker Fair
will represent the ideals of the long distance hiking community. The fun
and educational potential of this event cannot be understated.

And, it would be appropriate for me to say "we need a few volunteers," if
you could spare an hour over the weekend please call us.

The line-up your wondering? Friday's Feature is two-fold. Weathercarrot is
premiering his 25th Anniversary DVD -- a must see! Following the first half
of the opening night
programming will be ALDHA's 25th Anniversary Party. More than just cake and balloons, Dutch Treat will be sharing his lyrics and musical talents and will feature a newlywritten song for the special occassion. Want to bring a sign, feel free, we've got lots of space for decorations.

Our go-to person for the Aniversary Cake is Frea Erickson. She can be
reached at [email protected] or 215-723-1462. She desperately needs cakes for the event; call her if you can bring one. Terry Wilson is her
assistant and can be reached at [email protected] or 812-936-3366.

Saturday's Evening Program is the unveiling of the newest long distance
hiking trail -- The Great Eastern Trail. Jeffrey Hunter, American Hiking
Society, will be the presenter and programs will follow on Sunday for
additional information and a mapping workshop for segments in need of
completion.

Of course, staying with tradition, a Square Dance with the Horah Cloggers
is Saturday night. Get those dancing shoes ready, this is the time for fast
moving and calls of changing partners.

The United States Forest Service has celebrated 100 Years of existence and our community has a chance to see The Greatest Good, a film noting their
achievements and failures of those 100 years. This documentary will give
you a chance to make your own decision on Sunday night and since we have all spent time walking in the forests during our hikes it would be great to see how Pinchot, Gifford, and Muir envisioned our use of public lands.

ALDHA's all community participation activities have dwindled in the recent
past -- hopefully that will change this year. On Saturday, we can all share
in BBQ and Bluegrass. You must have registered and picked up your
registration packet prior to the BBQ to receive your discount ticket. Your
discount ticket is worth $5.25.

All ALDHA is asking is that you pay $5 for the AYCE (please bring correct
change), $10.25 without the discount registration ticket. We envision
hikers filling up on good eats and sitting on the lawn listening to music.
Let's make this happen.

Sunday's community activity is a Scavenger Hunt. While many of you THINK
you are too grown up to participate in such behavior we assure you -- you
aren't. Two ways to play, lots of prizes and give aways.

The most important change for you to remember before the Gathering is that the homebase this year will be the Concord University gym. Here, you will find registration, theGathering information booth, and the Hiker Fair. The Student Center has undergone rennovations as the University grows and the gym simply makes more sense as a central location for the nuts and bolts of the Gathering. Got questions, go here. Need to Register, go here. Vote in the Photo Gallery Contest, go here. Get the idea, go here (Concord gym).

We look forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks. Prepare yourself for
constant on the go of the weekend and seeing your hiker family.

Happy Trails!
Stacy and Gregory Boone
2006 Gathering Coordinators

bfitz
09-13-2006, 18:41
See you there, Sly!
Is there a rancor-free WB get together planned?

Lone Wolf
09-13-2006, 19:46
Won't be the same without Warren.

A-Train
09-13-2006, 20:33
What happened to Warren?

Sly
09-13-2006, 21:44
See you there, Sly!
Is there a rancor-free WB get together planned?

Of course, but after 8 beers all bets are off ;)

Sly
09-13-2006, 21:47
Won't be the same without Warren.

One person does not a Gathering make. Warren will be there is all his glory, just on DVD!

Wonder
09-14-2006, 00:48
I can't wait!! I need a good fix of being around hikers!

Sly
09-14-2006, 00:53
I can't wait!! I need a good fix of being around hikers!

Yeah, should be a good one!

Jack Tarlin
09-14-2006, 13:58
A-Train:

To answer your question in Post #4, to my knowledge, nothing has happened to Warren. I'm sure he's fine.

In re. to the Gathering, he has publicly announced that he won't be attending the Gathering this year, for any number of reasons, the principal one being his anger over being denied the opportunity to chair this year's event. He was evidently so distressed when the decision was made to let other folks run the Gathering (and eminently qualified folks, by the way) that he decided he wanted nothing to do with this year's get-together.

That decision was his, and his alone.

the goat
09-14-2006, 14:44
i'm looking forward to the gathering, should be a blast!

SawnieRobertson
09-14-2006, 15:13
Thanks, Sly, for reposting Stacy's message. I had not seen it, and what it says does make a difference. So, what is your favorite kind of cake? How about every one else? For me, I like icing. Only to balance things, underneath globs and globs of white frosting, I like either angel food or chocolate. Yep, I'll be contacting Frea as soon as I figure out how to unlock the broken lock on my bedroom door a la Cabin C. <g> --Kinnickinic

Panzer1
09-14-2006, 21:01
In re. to the Gathering, he has publicly announced that he won't be attending the Gathering this year, for any number of reasons, the principal one being his anger over being denied the opportunity to chair this year's event. He was evidently so distressed when the decision was made to let other folks run the Gathering (and eminently qualified folks, by the way) that he decided he wanted nothing to do with this year's get-together.

Warren will never chair another Gathering, at least I hope. Though I have nothing against him attending as a regular member.

Panzer

StarLyte
09-14-2006, 21:39
This is the 25th anniversary of the Gathering (http://www.aldha.org/gathring.htm) of the Appalachian Long Distance Hikers Association.

The Gathering is a large hiking event devoted to hikers, dreamers and their families. There are forums, classes, slideshows, presentations of every kind, celebrations, and this year will be very special.

We are celebrating in many ways.

Try to attend.

If you need a ride, there is an "Online Rider Board" on the website itself. Or, start your own thread here. Many are hiking in. Many arrive a week ahead of time just to be there. They come from all over.

This is an exerpt from the DVD that will be shown Friday night that MANY of you are in, I am quoting: ".....ALDHA is a magical experience......the Gathering is a magical experience.....that's why I keep coming back....."

Ewker
09-14-2006, 21:46
I don't think I am going to be able to make it :mad: maybe next yr

Wolf - 23000
09-17-2006, 10:40
Sad to say, I will not be there. I have to work. Have fun everyone!!! I'll be thinking of all of you.

Wolf

MOWGLI
09-17-2006, 10:50
Good times are just around the bend. I look forward to seeing some old friends & making some new ones.

Lone Wolf
09-17-2006, 10:53
I hear Billville is throwing an all nite kegger at the Folklife center campfire!?:eek:

MOWGLI
09-17-2006, 10:55
Where will we "gather" to watch some NY Yankees playoff baseball?

Lone Wolf
09-17-2006, 10:57
Ain't no bars in that college town?

Hammock Hanger
09-17-2006, 12:06

I ain't going to no hiker get together to watch no stinkin' baseball....

But I do look forward to seeing some of my hiking buddies, especially Mowgli;)
Sue/HH

MOWGLI
09-17-2006, 12:33
But I do look forward to seeing some of my hiking buddies, especially Mowgli;)
Sue/HH

Aw shucks! :o It'll be good to see you too Sue. I hope Jed is making the trip with you.

Hammock Hanger
09-17-2006, 12:39
Aw shucks! :o It'll be good to see you too Sue. I hope Jed is making the trip with you.

No, Jed will not be coming. He is being a dear and staying home to watch my mom (Alzheimer's) so that I can hike the Foothills Trail and go to the Gathering. Sue/HH

Jack Tarlin
09-17-2006, 14:24
In case anyone failed to see the humor in Lone Wolf's last post, be assured that Billville does NOT plan to hold an all night kegger at the Folklore Center or anywhere else.

Wolf is either mis-informed, or more likely, is just spouting the usual nonsense.

That being said, he's still welcome to join us for a social drink next month, assuming he's sober enough to find our campsite.

Lone Wolf
09-17-2006, 16:41
In case anyone failed to see the humor in Lone Wolf's last post, be assured that Billville does NOT plan to hold an all night kegger at the Folklore Center or anywhere else.

Wolf is either mis-informed, or more likely, is just spouting the usual nonsense.

That being said, he's still welcome to join us for a social drink next month, assuming he's sober enough to find our campsite.
Obviously you failed to see the humor and I can guarantee you I'll be a lot more sober than your brown liquor swillin azz.:cool:

Jack Tarlin
09-17-2006, 17:10
Geesh, the things that happen when you forget to add one of THESE (:D )
to your posts!! Of course I knew he was full of it and just kiddin'!

Lone Wolf
09-17-2006, 17:14
You're right.:D I shoulda added :D when I suggested that young, future trail angel wannabe gal not leave stuff unattended at traiheads.:D See you at the Gathering, Jack.:D

StarLyte
09-17-2006, 17:51

Jack Jack it's FOLKLIFE Center (http://www.folklifecenter.org/index.html).......:D unless there's a folklore behind it somewhere....is that where the faeries are kept? With Little Debbie?

ha ha LW you pot stirrer you

Sly
09-17-2006, 18:03
Since ALDHA requested no drinking at the Folklife Center at the last Gathering, we stayed at the State Park. This year there's no mention either way.

Also, last time there was another alternate site that was closer to town, which even had a bar. It appears that campground has changed management and I'm pretty sure the bar is no longer open. I think the new owners are more into making it a religious retreat rather than a regular campground.

As far as I know the Folklife center doesn't mind drinking (never did). However, it's probably expected we pack out our trash and dispose of it properly, rather than leave a mess. Of course, only people of legal age should be drinking and those that do, do so responsibly. Respect quiet time yada, yada.

Lastly, I'm just a member and have no official capacity. If you have any concerns bring them up at the general meeting.

Sly
09-17-2006, 18:10
Jack Jack it's FOLKLIFE Center (http://www.folklifecenter.org/index.html).......:D unless there's a folklore behind it somewhere....is that where the faeries are kept? With Little Debbie?

ha ha LW you pot stirrer you

Nice website, no mention of "no alcohol" either, that I could see. Who started that rumour? ;)

I think I'll buy a Folklife Center T-shirt and a mug this year to help the cause.

Jack Tarlin
09-17-2006, 18:10
Everything Sly just said is correct.

Responsible social drinking has always been tolerated at the Folklife Venter.

I'm quite sure this year will be no different, and while our hosts at the other campground last year were wonderful, I think it's great that we'll all be camping together again this year.

Hopeto see lots of you there!!

Nean
09-17-2006, 18:44
However, it's probably expected we pack out our trash and dispose of it properly, rather than leave a mess. Of course, only people of legal age should be drinking and those that do, do so responsibly. Respect quiet time

probably...... ya think:D

Many times I'd round up the trash (mostly cans and bottles) at the cg in Hot Springs.
W/O fail, I'd always hear a: Leave it till tomorrow.:confused:
Why wait?:-?

Too many times, at ANY hiker get together, garbage is the last priority and it sticks out like a sore thumb. To me, part of doing anything responsibly is cleaning up after yourself.;)

Guess I'm more of a leave no trace guy than a pack it out.... eventually.

StarLyte
09-18-2006, 06:22
Sad to say, I will not be there. I have to work. Have fun everyone!!! I'll be thinking of all of you.

Wolf

Well I AM SAD that you cannot attend. You are always someone I look forward to seeing.

I/we will be thinking of you too.

Frosty
09-18-2006, 17:12
A-Train:

To answer your question in Post #4, to my knowledge, nothing has happened to Warren. I'm sure he's fine.

In re. to the Gathering, he has publicly announced that he won't be attending the Gathering this year.Too bad, but then stating one's plans ahead of time doesn't preclude a change of heart. Perhaps he will change his mind. People do, all the time.

I hope so. Although he and I have great philosophical differences on several levels, he's one of a number of trail characters I enjoy talking too.

TJ aka Teej
09-18-2006, 17:47
I'm looking forward to my first not-at-Dartmouth Gathering! I plan on doing some hiking on the way down. When can we check in at the campground?

SawnieRobertson
09-18-2006, 18:04
I'm looking forward to my first not-at-Dartmouth Gathering! I plan on doing some hiking on the way down. When can we check in at the campground?

:welcome

Which campground, Teej? There are two. One is at Pipestem RESORT State Park with flush toilets, showers, laundromat, and a price. You can check in there today or anytime until the Gathering.

I think you have to wait until Friday (?) to arrive at the Folklore Center.

BTW, is there going to be a drum circle this year, or does that activity continue to be banned?--Kinnickinic

MOWGLI
09-18-2006, 19:04
I'm looking forward to my first not-at-Dartmouth Gathering!

So I finally get to meet TJ? Good deal.

StarLyte
09-18-2006, 19:25
Hey everyone-
Several days ago I had to contact the Appalachian South Folklife Center to ask would there be an additional charge for a camper AND would I be able to arrive early, and this was their kind and prompt response:

"Hi,
The camping for Friday Saturday and Sunday is included in the registration fee you pay to ALDHA. There are no hookups but you can bring your camper. To arrive a day early there would be a $5 camping fee payable to Appalachian South Folklife Center. Looking forward to seeing you all again.
Peace,
Shelli Turner Osborne, Director
Appalachian South Folklife Center
www.folklifecenter.org"
ALDHA Gathering fee is $10 per person
ALDHA annual membership is $7 per person
2007 annual membership fee will be only $10 per person
.....so join now :D

Sly
09-18-2006, 19:55
2007 annual membership fee will be only $10 per person
.....so join now :D
Already paid! :p

Lone Wolf
09-18-2006, 20:03
So I finally get to meet TJ? Good deal.
Yeah. Me too.:mad:

I'm gonna kick his azz!:D

MOWGLI
09-18-2006, 20:29
Yeah. Me too.:mad:

I'm gonna kick his azz!:D

You don't fool me. Your howl (http://www.everythingwolf.com/sounds/Lonewolf.wav)is worse than your bite. ;)

Lone Wolf
09-18-2006, 20:32
Yeah but there are times when I bite like a mutha. Thank Christ it don't happen often. Nobody on Whiteblaze has gotten me that mad.:) Easyhiker did once at Dot's but a cool head prevailed. Virginia is for lovers.:)

TOW
09-18-2006, 21:22
well i am planning on being there as far as i know, things could change, i got a letter from my cancer doc the other day saying he wanted me to make an appointment...........i did not want to hear that..........

arla
09-18-2006, 22:11
Is anyone from New England driving south to the Gathering who has room for 06 nobo and her dog trying to get home to Georgia? Don't drive but can help with gas.

the goat
09-18-2006, 22:33
anyone wanna split a ride from northern va??

Nean
09-19-2006, 01:30
well i am planning on being there as far as i know, things could change, i got a letter from my cancer doc the other day saying he wanted me to make an appointment...........i did not want to hear that..........
Keep your chin up TOW.:sun

TOW
09-19-2006, 09:55
Keep your chin up TOW.:sun

Thanx Nean, and I mean that..............

warren doyle
09-19-2006, 10:14
Responsible social drinking has NOT always been tolerated at the Folklife Center.

TJ aka Teej
09-19-2006, 10:34
i got a letter from my cancer doc the other day saying he wanted me to make an appointment

I hope the visit goes well, TOW
best wishes,

Jack Tarlin
09-19-2006, 17:21
Hey, Warren, you're around the LAST person who should be talking about alcohol and the Folklife Center. The last time you took up this issue you ended up making a fool out of yourself.

The reason there were problems two years ago, and the reason a great many people ended up camping elsewhere was because you were on a crusade, making repeated announcements that alcohol was absolutely verboten at the the Center and drinking would not be tolerated.

A good-sized group of folks who enjoy social drinking with their friends ended up camping elsewhere, partly so they could enjoy each other's company, and partly to comply with what they thought were the desires and expectations of the good folks at the Center.

But lo and behold, when we visited our friends one evening at the Center during the Gathering, we discovered that widespread public drinking was going on, including drinking by senior members of ALDHA, as well as by employees of the Center. Anyone with eyes could see that this was going on, yet nothing was done about it, not by Warren, not by Center officials,and not by anyone else. Plain and simply, nobody cared; it was a non-issue.

In short, Warren, your dire warnings and proclamations about "No drinking at the Folklife Center!" were a bunch of hooey. The sole reason you engaged in the neo-prohibitionist nonsense was in the hopes that certain folks wouldn't attend the Gathering. In this mission, you singularly failed.

The Folklife Center may indeed have an official policy that discourages, or even prohibits drinking. But the fact remains that folks have drunk at the Pipestem Gatherings for many years, with the full knowledge of the folks at the Center. What is "official policy" and what is permitted are two diffeent things.

This was certainly the case last year.

If the good folks at Pipestem have a problem with alcohol at the Gathering, there has been no indication of it; surely they'd have contacted ALDHA by now so that if a "No alcohol!" policy is in effect this year, ALDHA would've publicized this, so that those who wished to drink, and those who wished to respect the Folklife Center's wishes, could then make alternate camping plans.

But, no, I've seen no indication that this is the case.

In short, lots of folks are looking forward to camping amongst their friends at the Center this year, without any of last year's contention, and without people deciding to camp elsewhere, based on false perceptions of how the Center viewed the responsible consumption of alcohol. Hopefuly, alcohol won't be an issue this year, just as it should never have become one two years ago.

Jack Tarlin
09-19-2006, 17:23
Correction: When I wrote "This was certainly the case last year" I obviously mant two years ago, the last time the Gathering was held in West Virginia.

gr8fulyankee
09-19-2006, 17:49
Damn!
That was one hell of a good burn! :D

warren doyle
09-20-2006, 13:35
"anger" and "distressed" should be deleted;
"hurt" and "disappointed' should be added.
Check out my interview with Weathercarrot on his 25th anniversary ALDHA DVD for verification.

I did not offer to 'chair' the 2006 Gathering. I offered to be the 'site coordinator' for the 2006 Gathering.

TJ aka Teej
09-20-2006, 13:49
I offered to be the 'site coordinator' for the 2006 Gathering.

Because you weren't wanted, you're not going?
Since you're not going, you'll be using Whiteblaze to get attention?

"Age is but one of maturity's many components."

StarLyte
09-20-2006, 14:08
"anger" and "distressed" should be deleted;
"hurt" and "disappointed' should be added.
Check out my interview with Weathercarrot on his 25th anniversary ALDHA DVD for verification.

I did not offer to 'chair' the 2006 Gathering. I offered to be the 'site coordinator' for the 2006 Gathering.

Hi Warren-

ALDHA's 25th anniversary DVD has not yet been distributed to ALDHA members.

ALDHA board members and the project contributors have received one.

I appreciated hearing your interview in the DVD; Weathercarrot--again--has done an outstanding job.

Marsha

Jack Tarlin
09-20-2006, 15:06
Gee, thanks for your input, Warren, but you left out a bit from your telling of events, like when you esssentially threatened to go to officials at Concord College and use your influence to get the event cancelled if you weren't permitted to help run it.

Lots of folks witnessed this utterly childish behavior, which was essentially a sort of emotional blackmail, and were disgusted by it.

Shortly after this, Warren publicly announced he wasn't planning to attend the 2006 Gathering.

The majority of the folks at ALDHA are delighted with the way preparations are going for next month's event; they are delighted with the superbly qualified folks who'll be running the event; and they are delighted to once again be visiting Athens, West Virginia; Concord College; and the Folklife Center in Pipestem.

Hopefully, this will be a fun-filled, and drama-free event, with no rancor over campsite locations, alleged campsite rules or regulations, or people using the event as an opportunity to spout their personal political viewpoints.

And if Mr. Doyle keeps his word to boycott the event, well this just might happen.

warren doyle
09-20-2006, 16:25
...ahh, the incessant beat of toxic-waste filled garbage cans hitting the information superhighway.

Jack Tarlin
09-20-2006, 16:29
Ahh, and I notice you while you choose to insult me, Warren, you didn't attempt to deny anything I said in my above post in regards to your behavior or actions at recent Gatherings, perhaps because everything I said is perfectly true.

Thanks for acknowledging this, finally.

Took you long enough.

TOW
09-20-2006, 16:55
I hope the visit goes well, TOW
best wishes,
Thanx TJ, I appreciate that...........hopefully we'll have some answers here soon............

TOW
09-20-2006, 17:00
and the beat goes on.............................

Wolf - 23000
09-20-2006, 18:57
Well I AM SAD that you cannot attend. You are always someone I look forward to seeing.

I/we will be thinking of you too.

StarLyte,

Thank you. I'm really going to miss everyone.

Wolf

StarLyte
09-22-2006, 16:14
Hello everyone---

I understand that everyone is not an ALDHA member, but those of you that are, have you read the ALDHA newsletter-Fall 2006?

Yes, I'm going to tease you if you don't have it, so I guess I can't mention anything yet.

Yes, it is Gathering related :D

I do want to say it's such a treat seeing friends' faces and great articles about people that are devoted to the Trail community.

Thank you - and you know who you are.

Frosty
09-22-2006, 21:21
Hello everyone---

I understand that everyone is not an ALDHA member, but those of you that are, have you read the ALDHA newsletter-Fall 2006?

Yes, I'm going to tease you if you don't have it, so I guess I can't mention anything yet.

Yes, it is Gathering related :D

I do want to say it's such a treat seeing friends' faces and great articles about people that are devoted to the Trail community.

Thank you - and you know who you are.Who's that funny looking guy on the front page with the white hair and dark mustache?

Skyline
09-22-2006, 22:02
I'll be hiking side trails in the Smokies for about 9 or 10 days prior to The Gathering. Then driving up to Athens via I-40>I-81>I-77 etc. Could fit a couple of people plus gear in my vehicle on Thurs. 10/12 or Fri. 10/13. Unfortunately after The Gathering I'm not coming back south, but am headed up to the Pittsburgh, PA area before going home to the Shenandoah Valley. Could drive a couple of attendees up to Pittsburgh or enroute via I-77 or I-64> I-79 on Sun. morning/afternoon 10/15 if that works out tho.

Interested? E-mail me at skyline (at) shentel (dot) net

One Leg
09-23-2006, 01:00
My son Tyler (M & M) and myself are planning to attend. We'll be leaving Tennessee on the 10th, heading to Philly, and will be at the Gathering on Friday.

I'm looking for some information regarding camping at Pipestem, and/or someone willing to share a site with us. I don't take up much room, honest!

We attended the Gathering in '04 when it was in Athens, and stayed at the Folklife center in our vehicle.. If all else fails, I reckon we'll do the same thing again.. But would like to experience Pipestem just once..

-Scott

Panzer1
09-23-2006, 01:50
In case anyone failed to see the humor in Lone Wolf's last post, be assured that Billville does NOT plan to hold an all night kegger at the Folklore Center or anywhere else...

Well, maybe Billville should be having an all night kegger. I have heard worse ideas. That's why most of us joind Billville in the first place.

Panzer

StarLyte
09-23-2006, 07:26
Who's that funny looking guy on the front page with the white hair and dark mustache?

He obviously hasn't seen it yet Frosty.

Blister
09-24-2006, 14:12
looking forward to hitting the Gathring this year! A perfect way to end a season of hiking. Hope all is well with you folks out there. I was also sorry to have missed the whiteblaze gathering in caratunk, but I had more important tasks at hand like finishing the CDT!!!! ALmost back home and looking forward to seeing everybody!!!

StarLyte
09-24-2006, 14:40
Blister!

Congratulations!

This makes the triple crown for you doesn't it.....am I mistaken?

Can't wait to hear your stories at the Gathering.

Safe trip home.

Hikerhead
09-24-2006, 14:46
I'm going. I'll show up early Sat morning. Hope to see you there HH and all you other WBr's.

MOWGLI
09-24-2006, 14:51
I'm going. I'll show up early Sat morning. Hope to see you there HH and all you other WBr's.

Will you lead us all in a dance Saturday night? Not a contra dance. You know. The one that goes, "You put your right foot in....." :banana

Hikerhead
09-24-2006, 15:00
Will you lead us all in a dance Saturday night? Not a contra dance. You know. The one that goes, "You put your right foot in....." :banana
No Hokey Pokeying but if anybody wants to do a little Two Stepping, I'm in.

Jeff you're funny :). See you there dude.

Hammock Hanger
09-24-2006, 16:17

Don:
I'll be there, straight off the Foothills Trail. I unfortunately am not going to the BMT Gathering. Gonna spend some quality time in the mountains with my main squeeze!! I'll go to that one next year when I have finished hiking it. Sue/HH

Hikerhead
09-24-2006, 17:25
Don:
I'll be there, straight off the Foothills Trail. I unfortunately am not going to the BMT Gathering. Gonna spend some quality time in the mountains with my main squeeze!! I'll go to that one next year when I have finished hiking it. Sue/HH

You're going to miss my lecture on how not to get lost in wilderness areas.

I'll be there with you next year. See ya at Concord College.

Panzer1
10-02-2006, 00:45
Is there supposed to be some kind of a dinner this year?

Panzer

Sly
10-02-2006, 08:02
Is there supposed to be some kind of a dinner this year?

Panzer

Yup, right there in the 1st post "update".

ALDHA's all community participation activities have dwindled in the recent
past -- hopefully that will change this year. On Saturday, we can all share
in BBQ and Bluegrass. You must have registered and picked up your
registration packet prior to the BBQ to receive your discount ticket. Your
discount ticket is worth $5.25.

All ALDHA is asking is that you pay $5 for the AYCE (please bring correct
change), $10.25 without the discount registration ticket. We envision
hikers filling up on good eats and sitting on the lawn listening to music.
Let's make this happen.

Other than that the college cafeteria offers offer great grub for breakfast, lunch and dinner at very reasonable prices.