PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for a change

Frolicking Dinosaurs
09-16-2006, 09:28
Would it be possible to make the Politics and World Abroad forums part of a group separate from Humor, general non-AT and Non AT related polls? I ask because several very active member have indicated a desire to be able to see the less volitile forums without being subscribed to the more violatile forums. I included the 'world abroad' with politics because it also tends to 'catch fire' frequently.

jlb2012
09-16-2006, 09:36
If I understood SGT Rock correctly all one needs to do is to request to be banned from a specific forum and then the user would never see posts from that forum again.

SGT Rock
09-16-2006, 09:53
Well I see what Frolicking-D is asking (new rapper name). This way you can still get to off topic humor, off topic general stuff, but not need a special set up to avoid the politics of those two.

OK, the short answer is it is possible to do.

The long answer is it takes some work to do it. Last time I set one up like that I screwed up one setting and it affected the entire board. ATTroll has the skills to do it without screwing it up.

Other than getting him to add it to his to-do list, I can do the simple ban from the two you hate.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
09-16-2006, 10:10
SgtRock, I don't hate the forums, but sometimes they get so volatile that I would like to take a break from them. Just Jeff indicated in the rancor thread that he would also like this option - and that was what prompted me to ask. I've seriously considered just putting a handful of people on ignore, but the same people who engaging in flaming behavior in the political threads also often share excellent information on other parts of the board and I wouldn't want to miss their contributions.

Just Jeff
09-16-2006, 10:13
I sent ATTroll a PM about this already...haven't heard back yet.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
09-16-2006, 10:17
Sorry to cross wires with you,Jeff. I opted to do this as a public post in case anyone else wanted to express an opinion on such a change.

Just Jeff
09-16-2006, 10:28
No worries - it'll be more convincing if others hop on here and agree...you're right.

dixicritter
09-16-2006, 11:26
Don't forget it might take Attroll a little bit to get back to ya because of the hiker feed this weekend. ;)

I definately don't know how to do it and have promised to keep my hands off that kind of thing. lol.

Just Jeff
09-16-2006, 11:28
I figgered he was busy with something fun.

dixicritter
09-16-2006, 11:30
I figgered he was busy with something fun.

yeah so not fair... ;)