PDA

View Full Version : Adventure foods

Topcat
09-16-2006, 21:42
www.adventurefoods.com (http://www.adventurefoods.com)

Has anyone ordered from this webpage before? i have been looking for a source for cheese powder and tomato sauce powder and wondered if these products are good or not.

Thanks

rainmaker
09-16-2006, 23:49
I've ordered their entrees and liked them, particularly the Cranberry Walnut Chicken. They seem to be wholesome , nutritous and light, much better than dehydrared fare. The folks who run the company are customer friendly.

Nean
09-17-2006, 00:30

Has anyone ordered from this webpage before? i have been looking for a source for cheese powder and tomato sauce powder and wondered if these products are good or not.

Thanks

Believe I tried some of their stuff this year and enjoyed it. :) We all have different taste though. I'd suggest trying them out at home, and if you like them there....... you will LOVE them on the trail! :D ;)

Wil
09-17-2006, 02:57

Has anyone ordered from this webpage before?I've dealt with them for more than five years (maybe a _lot_ longer but I don't like to count years any more). Good people, good stuff.

Blue Jay
09-17-2006, 16:37
I've dealt with them for more than five years (maybe a _lot_ longer but I don't like to count years any more). Good people, good stuff.

I completely agree.

Outlaw
09-17-2006, 16:59
Been using their products for 3+ years. Great customer service. Jean is really a gem! We've loved most of their products, but they have made some changes, like the baked ziti, where we preferred their old recipe. They're desserts are great... especially the pecan pie! Yummy. I really like their breakfast selections. And their 2 person portions are very generous in size. If you buy any of their entrees or desserts, you may also want to order a bakepacker insert. Kinda makes your pot work like an oven. I took their ultralight size and modified it to fit in a K-Mart grease pot. Works just ducky for me.

asphalt commando
09-17-2006, 17:06
I have been ordering from adventure foods for years now. Have yet to find a product that I did not like. The "no-cook" entrees are great (chicken salad, pamentto cheese spread, (don't forget to put in the mayo on the trail) are especially good for a hearty lunch you don't need to fire up the stove. Pack in some rolls, crackers or tortillas for the pamentto cheese....outstanding....

Ramble~On
09-17-2006, 17:12
Sam and Jean would be happy to help you out..I am positive.
Perhaps even send you a small sample to try before you buy.

The "bakepacker" and the foods AV makes for it are a wonder of the modern hiking world...breads, muffins, pizza and a variety of great meals...plus cakes that are....well try them and you'll see.

They have instant stuff as well that rocks...Mud Pie and Peanut butter bar...just add a little water, knead together into a roll and eat....

Topcat
09-17-2006, 17:21
ok, i am convinced. I will be ordering for my next trip in October. Thanks to everyone for the comments, you all make a good commercial for them...:-)

headchange4u
09-18-2006, 08:37
Honey powder.....YUM.

sarbar
09-18-2006, 10:43
And they sell wine powder. Yum!

headchange4u
09-18-2006, 11:00
Has anyone ever used honey powder? Does it sweeten as well as sugar?

EDIT: Anyone ever tried the Bakepacker?

Outlaw
09-18-2006, 11:11
ok, i am convinced. I will be ordering for my next trip in October. Thanks to everyone for the comments, you all make a good commercial for them...:-)

I think you will be pleased with AF. Whether you buy their hot meals, cold-prep meals or bulk-packed items, you won't go wrong. Also, if you go with their hot meals and a "Bakerpacker," trust their cooking bags. I've probably used 50 or more of them by now and not once had a single failure!

Creepy Uncle
09-18-2006, 11:17
They have instant stuff as well that rocks...Mud Pie and Peanut butter bar...just add a little water, knead together into a roll and eat....

peanutbutter bar? did someone say peanutbutter bar?

mmmmm

Outlaw
09-18-2006, 11:54
peanutbutter bar? did someone say peanutbutter bar?

mmmmm

They're awesome as are their mud bars. Just add 1 Tbs. of H2O, kneed the bag, and out pops a delicious dessert... not too pretty (you'll see what I mean:rolleyes: ), but it tastes great. Each one is more than enough for two people, 'cause they're rather rich & sweet.