PDA

View Full Version : NOBO in 09

Karpy
09-16-2006, 23:01
Hi, I'm a 25 yr old female looking for someone to do a thru-hike with in march of 2009. I have done several hiking trips in the past, longest was 16 days. If your at all interested drop me a line
-Love and lots of Moleskin
Karpy

TJ aka Teej
09-17-2006, 12:19
Welcome, Karpy! :welcome
A great way to meet other '09ers will be to attend the planning seminars and workshops at the ALDHA Gatherings or to try and get to a southern Ruck or two. Joining WhiteBlaze was a good idea, you'll find lots of other planners participating in all sorts of forums here. By the time March 09 rolls around you'll probably know several other hikers starting when you are. Again, welcome to WhiteBlaze!

Skidsteer
09-17-2006, 13:11
What Teej said....and :welcome Karpy!

emerald
09-17-2006, 13:15
Welcome to WhiteBlaze.net! I hope you will make full use what's available to you here. If you have questions or need help in finding information, we'll be happy to help you. Just ask.;)

You should plan to attend The Gathering (http://www.aldha.org/gathring.htm) in a few weeks if at all possible. It's a wonderful opportunity to interact with A.T. enthusiasts you're sure to enjoy. Hope to see you there.:)

slamajama
09-18-2006, 14:40
welcome to whiteblaze...and all that they said, but hun, damn ur in Fl and im in NY..uuuhhgg...lol

GL with ur plans...

MattC
09-24-2006, 20:28
im looking to do one in 09 (college)

uhhh so get back at me in 3 years haha

Robbie
09-13-2007, 20:08
I'm heading out in March 09. Fairly old (60) and married for 40 years but in decent shape. Interested in partner. Email if interested

JHambone44
09-17-2007, 22:52
Hey Karpy, I also live in Forida and at some point would like to do a thru-hike. If you would like to do some weekend trips or even longer at some point feel free to email me. I'm always looking for new hiking buddies, they seem hard to come by in S. Florida. Hope to hear from you!

iamduesouth
09-18-2007, 22:02
Karpy.....Likewise I was planning a thru hike but was not going to post till later....am 52-male and also in Florida..(Key West).....not sure if your lookin for male or female companion....my start date was not till mid April but my schedule is not etched in stone, would like to met and start with someone...M or F....but would not commit them to staying together....this will be my first hike on the AT but it has been calling me for some 15 years now....I will have no timelines once I start.....think about it....Alb
(iamduesouth)......

DapperD
01-16-2008, 00:23
Hi, I'm a 25 yr old female looking for someone to do a thru-hike with in march of 2009. I have done several hiking trips in the past, longest was 16 days. If your at all interested drop me a line
-Love and lots of Moleskin
Karpy
Hi! I read your post and am also planning an '09 thru-hike. I planned for this year but due to family obligations and other responsibilities was unable. I bought all my gear this past year and now my main thoughts are towards the logistics of the trip such as getting to Amicalola Falls state park and sustaining the hike. I feel it would be smart to start out with others as this would boost moral for all attempting this journey. If interested please feel free to correspond. DapperD

fonsie
01-16-2008, 14:06
Well I'll be 33 next year when I decide to do my north bound hike In 2009. Im realy not going to be looking to start with anyone yet but I figure there be so many people heading north I'll end up with someone to hike with...Thats how it normally goes just jump on the trail and you will eventually hike with someone. I would do a south bound this year but we got elections this November that I want to be around for.Yea I might bump into you out there I plan on starting in the beganing of March myself, I got a year to get in better shape. I allready can do a 10 mile day without a problem. so maybe you can get some practice hikes in before then.

Robbie
01-22-2008, 21:13
Hi: I am planning a thru hike in March 2009. If interested, let's begin an email chat. I have been communicating with a few others who are also heading out in 3/09. If still interested, please drop me an email...thx, Robbie

gamtns2000
01-22-2008, 22:05
Karpy,
I am planning to start on 3/11/09. The reason for that date is because that is my
Dad's birthday. I also had planned on this year, but resources etc were not there.
So now, I have an itinerary generally set (being flexible is essential), 90% of my
gear, and Springer Fever is in full swing. I can't wait!
As others have said, the ALDHA Gathering is a great place to get information, inspiration, and fellowship with other hikers. During the Opening on Friday night
they call off the years, and for each year, whoever completed that year stands up,
sometimes with cheers from friends of the trail from that same year. If that
doesn't inspire you; well, it does me! There are great workshops on planning, food,
gear, other trails, resupply, etc. A great source of information. It is Columbus Day
weekend in October. This year it will be at Concord College in Athens, WV. Their
website is www.aldha.org.
Post or e-mail me if you would like some more info.
Wandering Soul

Cheech09
07-10-2008, 14:46
Hey Everyone!

Im a 22 year old female, looking to hike the AT NOBO sometime in February, March the latest. If anyone is interested please let me know! Not only will i feel safer having a buddy, but it would be nice to have someone I could talk to about planning the hike. Ive done some hiking and camping in the past, but nothing quite as extreme as this. Im very eager and look forward to the challange! :banana

texvet
07-15-2008, 16:06
hi there Karpy I am mplanning a north bound thru hike in late feb or early march would love to hike with you. you can email me back at [email protected] if interested.

BlindMoose
07-22-2008, 16:43
Looks like there are several starting mid-Feb to early Mar, Great, since thats when I plan on starting - as close to Mar 1 as possible. I am in Wa state and did much of the SNP a fews years ago and that gave me the itch for the rest of the trail - cant wait! Letting go of everything and taking off - what a way to go.

Kirby
07-27-2008, 18:27
You will most likely meet someone in Georgia. I met my hiking companion in Fontana Dam and started hiking with him coming out of Hot Springs, NC. We finished the trail together.

Kirby