PDA

View Full Version : The official hat this year on the AT is.....

Gray Blazer
09-16-2006, 23:30
:sun :sun (In Tennessee anyway).....the FL Gator cap!!:D :D

hikerjohnd
09-16-2006, 23:37
Now, would that be the official cap for wiping your a$$? :eek: Cause that is all gator stuff is good for...:D

Now an FSU cap would be a worthy candidate for an official hat of the trail :D:D

Gray Blazer
09-16-2006, 23:44
Now, would that be the official cap for wiping your a$$? :eek: Cause that is all gator stuff is good for...:D

Now an FSU cap would be a worthy candidate for an official hat of the trail :D:D

Did I forget to mention that the official hat for the FL trail this year is the Clemson cap?

Gray Blazer
09-16-2006, 23:45
Did I forget to mention that the official hat for the FL trail this year is the Clemson cap?

Especially when hiking in the Tallahassee area.:rolleyes:

rockrat
09-17-2006, 00:04
Its only a Florida hat because of the new rules that shortened the game.

One freakin point I can't believe it.

Tinker
09-17-2006, 00:11
Team sports turn fine minds to mush.:D

Frolicking Dinosaurs
09-17-2006, 05:46
I take it a 'gator ate Smokey last night....

MAD777
09-17-2006, 08:34
Chomp! Chomp!

Gray Blazer
09-18-2006, 07:23
:banana C'mon, can't we get some rancor here?:banana (Chris Leak doin' the banana dance).

TOW
09-18-2006, 08:12
:sun :sun (In Tennessee anyway).....the FL Gator cap!!:D :D

What an atrocity! 'Bama's gonna kick Tennessee and Florida's behind this year anyway, maybe..............

None the less, the official hat for the trail is a Alabama Hat! Because I said so!

txulrich
09-18-2006, 08:22
Well, I believe that the official hat, shirt and hiking shorts of the AT this year must now be maize and blue. After the way Michigan manhandled ND in Indiana, we must all "Hail to the Victors".

Footslogger
09-18-2006, 09:06
...and here I thought all along it was going to be the Wyoming Cowboy hat!

'Slogger

TOW
09-18-2006, 09:08
...and here I thought all along it was going to be the Wyoming Cowboy hat!

'SloggerI could be persuaded....................

Cuffs
09-18-2006, 09:11
Well, I believe that the official hat, shirt and hiking shorts of the AT this year must now be maize and blue. After the way Michigan manhandled ND in Indiana, we must all "Hail to the Victors".

GO BLUE!!! Glad to hear theres a vote for my alma mater!:banana

Footslogger
09-18-2006, 09:14
I could be persuaded....................
===============================

...it's a lot less likely to draw flack on the eastern seaboard.

After all, Cowboys have always been our heros !!

'Slogger

Creek Dancer
09-18-2006, 09:17
Nope, the official cap is the VIRGINIA TECH HOKIES!! Gobble gobble.

K0OPG
09-18-2006, 09:31
As "The Only Wanderer" stated...

Roll Tide...Alabama. Can you believe some of the teams that are ranked above the Tide. Give me a break. They wish they had a schedule as tough as the SEC.

otterman
09-18-2006, 09:53
...and who beat #2 Texas?

Go Buckeyes!!!!

Mike & Gloria Walsh
09-18-2006, 10:29
War Eagle! Auburn just moved into number two. Watch out, Buckeyes.

Pacific Tortuga
09-18-2006, 12:25
HEY ! What about the west coast teams ? My two favorite teams are UCLA and who ever is playing (USC) U.of So.Cal . Before you give me grief about UCLA check out who holds more DIV. 1 national title's than any other school. Cal. State Fullerton are the Titans of baseball , hats off to N.C. this year in the CWS in Omaha.

MOWGLI
09-18-2006, 12:32
"Real" hikers wear pinstripes.

txulrich
09-18-2006, 14:25
GO BLUE!!! Glad to hear theres a vote for my alma mater!

I didn't attend school there, but grew up about 30 miles from Ann Arbor. It was very easy to get absorbed into the culture and tradition. Are you from Michigan?

Toasty
09-18-2006, 15:37
I second that Michigan nomination! Go Blue!! Gotta wear my school's block "M" on my hat.

Cuffs
09-18-2006, 15:42
I didn't attend school there, but grew up about 30 miles from Ann Arbor. It was very easy to get absorbed into the culture and tradition. Are you from Michigan?

30 miles? Which way? While Im not "from" there, I did grow up there (13 years, all my schooling...) I was in the "down river" area... Trenton, Woodhaven, Southgate... and frequent the Monroe/Petersburg area yearly to visit friends.

WOLVERINES!

stoikurt
09-18-2006, 15:54
I have to side with Gray Blazer and go with the good ole Orange and Blue!

txulrich
09-18-2006, 16:26
30 miles? Which way? While Im not "from" there, I did grow up there (13 years, all my schooling...) I was in the "down river" area... Trenton, Woodhaven, Southgate... and frequent the Monroe/Petersburg area yearly to visit friends.

WOLVERINES!

Livingston County. Just a bit north. Moved out for school in the late 70's and don't get back a whole lot.

If the Wolverines can maintain their focus, come late November, both teams could be undefeated. That would be exciting!

saimyoji
09-18-2006, 17:47

I wore pinstripes once. Found the stripes were too heavy so I had them removed. Guess what was underneath?

http://www.emersontorrey.com/images/managed/Red%20Sox%20fan.jpg

Heater
09-18-2006, 17:59
...and who beat #2 Texas?

Something you all seem to be forgetting is who the current NATIONAL CHAMPIONS are!

Until a new one is crowned, the TEXAS LONGHORNS are the NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!

Hookem! :D :D :D

So the answer to the quetion is.... A Texas Longhorns cap. :banana

MOWGLI
09-18-2006, 19:07
I wore pinstripes once. Found the stripes were too heavy so I had them removed. Guess what was underneath?

That's what generations of frustration breeds. :p

Skidsteer
09-18-2006, 19:07

Laughed in spite of myself.

That lad has an interesting home life, I'm sure. :rolleyes:

Jack Tarlin
09-18-2006, 19:18
All right, I admit it.

The photo is more than four decades old.

I am no longer blond. In fact, I'm starting to go grey.

But I still follow the same team.

Can't wait til April! :D

MOWGLI
09-18-2006, 19:23
Off topic - but related to the photo.

When my daughter Susan was 3, she was riding with my ex-wife in the car. Susan was in the car seat in the back. Some guy with road rage passed my wife's vehicle. Susan - from the backseat - said to her mother "Mommy - that man stuck his middle finger out at you. But don't worry. I did it back to him."

That's my girl!

T-Dubs
09-18-2006, 19:46
War Eagle! Auburn just moved into number two. Watch out, Buckeyes.

If history is any indication the #2 team is going to get beaten badly very, very soon....and at home.

As far as the hat, it matters not which one you chose as long as you give a tip of the brim to the #1 Scarlet and Gray.

Tom

hammock engineer
09-18-2006, 20:42
All I have to say is WHO DEY!!!

Especially because it is now offically Steelers week.

momalley
09-18-2006, 23:04
I agree with Creek Dancer, the trail passes within 10 miles of the university and the Outdoor Club (of which I am a proud member) maintains 40 miles of our beloved trail. Besides in the fall the leaves turn orange and maroon. Let’s Go Hokies!

Frolicking Dinosaurs
09-19-2006, 06:55
Loved Jack's baby pic.

It is so sad here in TN - everyone is wearing dark orange and black.

Teatime
09-19-2006, 07:13
Only if you agree that the official bird of the trail is the Baltimore Oriole.:p

Gray Blazer
09-19-2006, 07:21
I have to side with Gray Blazer and go with the good ole Orange and Blue!

AT least in TN. We'll have to wait until Jan to see who comes out on top (not Rocky Top). Hopefully it will be a team whose state the AT runs through or a team that beats them. I'll make a promise to you Volunteers. If you somehow manage to win the SEC East, I'll eat my Gator Cap at the Rocky Bald Hiker Feed next spring. You'll have to be there to see that.

RadioFreq
09-19-2006, 08:38
All I have to say is WHO DEY!!!

Especially because it is now offically Steelers week.

After watching last night's game are you sure you didn't mean
"....Steelers weak." :eek:

Go Vikings :banana Go Twins :banana Go Wild :banana

txulrich
09-19-2006, 08:43
If history is any indication the #2 team is going to get beaten badly very, very soon....and at home.

As far as the hat, it matters not which one you chose as long as you give a tip of the brim to the #1 Scarlet and Gray.

Tom

Where I come from Ohio is a 4 letter word!!

Rain Man
09-19-2006, 12:20

Ain't THAT the truth?!!!!!!! On Saturday night, I lay under the stars on top of Rich Mountain, just north of Hot Springs, NC. I could see the Milky Way. Saw half a dozen shooting stars.

And BEST OF ALL, listened to my Clemson Tigers put a whuppin' on those nasty Seminoles IN TALLAHASSEE! Third time in four years over FSU, to boot!!! I wuz a happy hiker.

Rain:sunMan
Clemson '75
National Champions '81

Gray Blazer
11-06-2006, 13:42
Still the official hat especially around Nashville and Knoxville AND north GA., but, not around Tuscaloosa! (Not yet).

Gray Blazer
11-06-2006, 13:43
Still the official hat especially around Nashville and Knoxville AND north GA., but, not around Tuscaloosa! (Not yet).FL gator hat, that is!:sun

Monkeyboy
11-08-2006, 22:04
I've always kidded my son that I would send him to Indiana so that I could get a shirt that says "Hoosier Daddy!"

Just kidding.....GO GATORS!!!!!!

Gray Blazer
11-09-2006, 08:08
I've always kidded my son that I would send him to Indiana so that I could get a shirt that says "Hoosier Daddy!"

Just kidding.....GO GATORS!!!!!!That's good. How's the AT prep for this summer going?

Monkeyboy
11-09-2006, 09:55
Very Well!!! Was actually surprised to get a telephone call from WB's own Briarpatch!

I sent an email to the GATC awhile ago and didn't get a response (Briar's computer was down!) so I came here instead to get info.

Anyhoo, I get a phone call from Briar, and not knowing it was him, we start talking about the trip.... He then asks me if I posted this on WB, to which I stated "yes"! He told me to listen to Dances with Mice, because he works volunteers with him on the GATC.....

Small world, but very helpful advice!

Big thanks to all you guys!

johnofknoxville
11-17-2006, 22:56
:( i love UTK

Footslogger
11-17-2006, 22:58
I keep trying to tell you's guys ...it's the Wyoming Cowboys !!

"Powder River, Let er Buck"

"Save a horse ...ride a cowboy !!

'Slogger

MOWGLI
11-18-2006, 00:35
Am I the only Rutgers fan out there? They play live on ESPN tomorrow night against Cincinnati. after the Ohio State - Michigan game. Check 'em out!

RAT
11-18-2006, 00:50
My official hat says "Hikertrash" or my personal "RAT PATROL" one with a blue blaze on it ! Along with my black shirts that have blue blaze on front with matching blue "Hiker Trash" written on back ! I just had a few more of those made !

RAT

Frolicking Dinosaurs
11-18-2006, 08:18
:( i love UTKFear not - Smokey has a way of rising from the ashes....

Gray Blazer
12-07-2006, 08:53
Gotta brag, the official AT hat this year (and you can wear what you want) IS (Drumroll here) THE FLORIDA GATOR CAP!!!!! Go Gators!!! Do people from Ohio Hike?

otterman
12-07-2006, 10:11
Gotta brag, the official AT hat this year (and you can wear what you want) IS (Drumroll here) THE FLORIDA GATOR CAP!!!!! Go Gators!!! Do people from Ohio Hike?
:banana
You betcha'! I'm proud to be a fan of the number one team in the country. I'll give you my condolences now for the whipping that Florida is about to receive. I need to inform all of you that the Buckeyes are simply unstoppable this year.

I get to give the double whammy on WB right now. Not only is Ohio State number one, but my alma mater (University of Cincinnati) beat Mowgli's undefeated Rutgers. It really doesn't get any better than this.:banana

Gray Blazer
12-07-2006, 10:35
:banana
You betcha'! I'm proud to be a fan of the number one team in the country. I'll give you my condolences now for the whipping that Florida is about to receive. I need to inform all of you that the Buckeyes are simply unstoppable this year.

I get to give the double whammy on WB right now. Not only is Ohio State number one, but my alma mater (University of Cincinnati) beat Mowgli's undefeated Rutgers. It really doesn't get any better than this.:bananaThe game hasn't been played yet.

otterman
12-07-2006, 10:45
The game hasn't been played yet.

Ohio State favored by 8 points, but I'm not a betting man and I would especially never bet on unpredictable college football.

Gray Blazer
12-07-2006, 12:45
Ohio State favored by 8 pointsWe gotcha right where we want ya!;)