PDA

View Full Version : Signs posted at Hogback Ridge & Bald Mtn. Shelters

Chip
09-17-2006, 20:15
Okay fellow hikers just alittle info in regards to the Madison County water problem last week.

WARNING SIGNS have now been posted in the Hogback Ridge Shelter and the Bald Mountain Shelter to alert hikers about the water supply and any food that was grown on the farm near Sams Gap. Hepatitis A found in the well water. Most of the people affected were from the Rainbow group from various parts of the country. If you are on the trail and contact hikers in this area, please let them know.

Thanks and Happy Trails,
Chip

Skidsteer
09-17-2006, 20:21
Rainbows.

Not terribly surprising considering recent threads (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17153&highlight=rainbow). :cool:

Miss Janet
09-17-2006, 21:04
I have to assume this is the farm mentioned. I will be sure to let hikers know of another reason not to go to the "farm". I doubt that there have been too many hikers in the area but it is a cause for concern.

I tried to link to the other threads you mentioned in your post and I can't get to them.

Chip
09-17-2006, 21:12
I have to assume this is the farm mentioned. I will be sure to let hikers know of another reason not to go to the "farm". I doubt that there have been too many hikers in the area but it is a cause for concern.

I tried to link to the other threads you mentioned in your post and I can't get to them.

Yes, information on location is posted. My concern would be for the SoBo headed this way or any section hiker that might not know of this.

Thanks!
Chip :)

Sly
09-17-2006, 23:50
Anyone know the cause? Did they put a privy or cesspool in too close to the well or spring?

Newb
09-19-2006, 07:36
I'm sorry I pooped in the well.