PDA

View Full Version : Seedhouse Sl1

dmb658
09-18-2006, 23:48
i was just wondering if anyone has used the big agnes seedhouse sl1, i just wanted to know how well if works out on the trail.

OldStormcrow
09-19-2006, 15:19
I've got a Seedhouse 1 that I added to my fleet of tents a couple of years ago. It has proven itself to be an excellent 3 season tent with very little weight. Unlike some other "bivvy" or one man tents, I can sit up in this one, get dressed while still inside, drag a little extra gear inside with me, and even cook (very carefully) in the vestibule. Last winter it was a bit windy for this tent up on the balds, but if you hunker down in a hollow with it you can keep most of the wind out. I am still just using a piece of old painters plastic sheet under it, but plan on buying the footrint for it when I can stay out of the taverns for a few days to save up the $20.00+ it costs. It has kept me quite dry in strong downpours, providing you keep the rainfly close enough to the ground to prevent water from splashing in through the side screens. Using the screen tent alone is an excellent way to take a quick nap, read a book, etc., enjoying the nice breezes without having to swat bugs! The only thing lacking was a loop on the inside roof to hang my candle lantern on, so I poke a 3 foot stick in the ground in front of the door and hang it on that.