PDA

View Full Version : Do International Foods Coffee have caffiene?

Michele
09-20-2006, 14:20
I'm talking about those "celebrate the moments of your life" powdered ones. I did a search and only found one person that said they used them, but I could never tell when drinking the stuff if it had caffiene. Anyone know? Thanks!

max patch
09-20-2006, 14:47
they have caffeine.

they also have a few that are decaff.

Michele
09-20-2006, 15:05
they have caffeine.

they also have a few that are decaff.

Thanks! My trail coffee recipe dilemma is now solved. These taste way better than any of the recipes I've tried yet. Although a bit pricey, but I'll call it a luxury item and splurge.

johnny quest
09-20-2006, 15:58
i use them. i mix them with a tiny bit of real instant coffee and sugar in baggies so that i have it premixed and ready to go. the term for it is jamoke.

sarbar
09-20-2006, 19:12
They are very easy to make yourself! If you'd like some recipes, let me know :) You could make enough for a year for the cost of two tins of it....

Midway Sam
09-20-2006, 19:15
Kroger brand decaffinated coffee bags. Steep it like a tea bag in my Nalgene.

Skidsteer
09-20-2006, 19:40
They are very easy to make yourself! If you'd like some recipes, let me know :) You could make enough for a year for the cost of two tins of it....

Yeah, they're pretty much just sugar and cocoa/chocolate aren't they Sarbar?

Not that there's anything wrong with that......:)

boarstone
09-20-2006, 20:16
Hot cocoa mix with instant coffee/coffee bags/....throw some in your morning mix of cereal(cocoa mix, not the coffee), changes up the taste too..

sarbar
09-20-2006, 22:14
Yeah, they're pretty much just sugar and cocoa/chocolate aren't they Sarbar?

Not that there's anything wrong with that......:)
Think instant coffee/cocoa powder/creamer/sugar, etc....
I will post some recipes in a second :)

sarbar
09-20-2006, 22:15
Some easy recipes!

Cappuccino Mix:

2/3 cup instant coffee granules
1 cup powdered non-dairy creamer
1 cup powdered chocolate drink mix
1/2 cup white sugar
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
3/8 tsp ground nutmeg

Put the instant coffee into a food processor, and process to a fine powder. If you don't have a food processor, put it into a large plastic bag, and crush with a rolling pin. In a large bowl, combine creamer, chocolate mix, instant coffee, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir together until well mixed. Mix 3 tablespoons of powder with 6 ounces hot water.

Mocha Coffee Mix:

1 1/4 cups instant coffee granules
7 cups dry milk powder
5 3/4 cups powdered chocolate drink mix
1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1 3/4 cups powdered non-dairy creamer

In a large bowl, mix together instant coffee, milk powder, chocolate drink mix, confectioners' sugar and powdered creamer.

Store in an airtight container.

1/4 cup mix to 1 cup boiling water and stir well. Makes 64 servings.

Instant Chai Tea Mix:

1 1/2 cups instant tea powder
2 cups powdered non-dairy creamer
1/2 cup dry milk powder
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp ground cardamom
1 tsp ground allspice
1 tsp vanilla powder

In a food processor or blender, combine instant tea, creamer, milk powder, confectioners' sugar and brown sugar. Add ginger, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, allspice and vanilla powder. Process for 2 minutes. Store in an airtight container.

1/4 cup mix in a mug, and fill with hot water, stir well. Makes aprox. 48 servings.

Toasty Eggnog Drink:

At home mix together:

1 1/2 cups instant dry milk
1/2 cup nondairy creamer
1/2 cup powdered egg mix (look in the baking aisle)
2 Tbl brown sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg

In camp: use 1/3 cup mix to your camp cup (8 oz's or to taste) with cold or hot water. Stir well.

atraildreamer
09-23-2006, 06:28
I'm talking about those "celebrate the moments of your life" powdered ones. I did a search and only found one person that said they used them, but I could never tell when drinking the stuff if it had caffiene. Anyone know? Thanks!

If it does not have caffeine, it's not real coffee, just a poor substitute! :D

Jolt Cola, anyone? :eek:

Rain Man
09-23-2006, 09:45

Yes, someone knows... THEY know. Why don't you ask them???

Nothing like going to the horse's mouth. ~wink~

Then... let the rest of us know.

Rain:sunMan

K0OPG
09-23-2006, 11:56
Do you grind the instant coffee to a powder in the Mocha mix like you do in the cappuccino mix?

These look like they would be great for the coldass winters here in WV. Plus hunting season is coming soon and this will give me something to take instead of just plain coffee.

Thanks.

sarbar
09-24-2006, 02:22
Do you grind the instant coffee to a powder in the Mocha mix like you do in the cappuccino mix?

These look like they would be great for the coldass winters here in WV. Plus hunting season is coming soon and this will give me something to take instead of just plain coffee.

Thanks.
Grinding it is good :) You don't have to, but it helps it dissolve.

Fiddleback
09-24-2006, 11:57
Sorta...kinda related...

I've experimented at home with a Folgers crystals/NIDO/Carnation Instant Breakfast mix and I like the results. I mix the ingredients together and then sift them which allows easy mixing in hot water with little clumping.

I'm planning on using this with a couple bars of Logan Bread for a camp breakfast. It will be high calorie and high fiber but fairly light. The mix provides ~120c/oz and the Logan Bread bars are about the same. Two cups of the mix and two Logan bars will be ~825 calories...pretty high for breakfast but light enough so it won't be uncomfortable on the trail. The mix by itself ensures (hey...a pun!:p ) a pretty vitamin/mineral-rich meal. Should be pretty fast meal prep and clean up. Oh yeah, it tastes good too!

Beware...the mix is bulky. But it provides a good dose of protein, fat, vitamins, etc. And I get my coffee jolt.:)

FB