PDA

View Full Version : need help. look for info on hotel / resort? around the approch trail (ga)

jumpy
09-20-2006, 23:01
looking for info, name, of the resort/hotel neer the appoch trail, amicola falls( i know my spelling is very off,) or any thing about this place. I read about it years ago in "walking the appalachain" but forgot everything. any insight will be very apresheated. thank you. jumpy. i remember you could hike in, but what about driving?

Skidsteer
09-20-2006, 23:08
http://www.hike-inn.com/:)

Frolicking Dinosaurs
09-20-2006, 23:09
The approach trail leaves from this park: http://www.gastateparks.org/info/amicalola/ The site has links to local lodging.

Mountain Man
09-20-2006, 23:13
There is a Lodge at Amicalola Falls State Park that you can drive to. Also a Backcountry lodge, a 5 mile hike from Amicalola called the Len Foote Hike Inn. It is 1 mile off the Approach trail.

otterman
09-21-2006, 07:46
Stayed at the lodge at Amicalola on my last hike. A little pricey depending on your taste, but really convenient. Had an AYCE breakfeast at the lodge in the morning and met my shuttle at the visitor's center. Next time I might consider the Hiker Hostel though. I've heard lots of good things about them and I believe they offer a shuttle.

MOWGLI
09-21-2006, 09:25
There is a Lodge at Amicalola Falls State Park that you can drive to. Also a Backcountry lodge, a 5 mile hike from Amicalola called the Len Foote Hike Inn. It is 1 mile off the Approach trail.

I have stayed both places. The lodge at Amicalola Fall SP is like a hotel. The Len Foote Hike Inn is wonderful and unique. Much more like a hostel or hut. I highly recommend it!

Sly
09-21-2006, 10:33
If they stayed in both, one could blow their GA budget before they even reach Springer!

jesse
09-21-2006, 11:27
If you are planning on going between now and november, you better make a reservation. The Fall is their busiest time because of the leave watchers.

Mountain Man
09-21-2006, 18:37
I have stayed both places. The lodge at Amicalola Fall SP is like a hotel. The Len Foote Hike Inn is wonderful and unique. Much more like a hostel or hut. I highly recommend it!

Yeah, I've stayed at both places too, and I agree with you that the Len Foote Hike Inn is wonderful and unique. But I work and live here so I might be a bit partial. :D I highly recommend it too! :welcome

Skidsteer
09-21-2006, 19:15
If you are planning on going between now and november, you better make a reservation. The Fall is their busiest time because of the leave watchers.

Correct. Once I was unable to book a room six months in advance for the fall season.