PDA

View Full Version : Nude Hiker Busted

Skidsteer
09-23-2006, 13:28
:D Be careful where you hike nude.

http://whitecountynews.net/articles/2006/09/21/news/news02.txt

Rain Man
09-23-2006, 19:01
Don't forget, busted is different from convicted!

Rain:sunMan

Blue Jay
09-23-2006, 19:11
Sleep well tonight. The nudist police are awake. We should send our troops home to patrol all our hiking trails and fight this continuing :banana menace.

highway
09-23-2006, 19:25
seems like a victimless crime to me, unless he ran into some prudes:-? Where's the shame:D

speedy
09-23-2006, 21:20
seems like a victimless crime to me, unless he ran into some prudes:-? Where's the shame:D

He's a 59 year old man. Only a victimless crime to the blind and elderly women. 20 yr old female supermodels on the other hand... :-? speedy

Skidsteer
09-23-2006, 21:47
Don't forget, busted is different from convicted!

In Cleveland/White County, GA, We throw the book at libertines like this.

'Course we may have to borrow a book...;)

SGT Rock
09-24-2006, 02:27
I doubt, given the season, that he will do any "hard time". :p

Heater
09-24-2006, 02:55

He should take it to trial. He might get a hung jury. :D

neighbor dave
09-24-2006, 07:27
:-? from an old 8 track cheech and chong skit:
"bayliff whack his pee pee!!":D

highway
09-24-2006, 18:08

Maybe not, especially if it was cold enough for the "shrinkage factor" to kick in for him:D

hammock engineer
09-24-2006, 22:17
Earlier this year, the forest service built new bathrooms and a gravel parking lot for Mt. Yonah hikers.

Did it seem kind of odd to anyone else that the article said this?

Tha Wookie
09-24-2006, 23:29

yes. I was thinking the same thing.

aaronthebugbuffet
09-25-2006, 02:30
Allen, who covers White, Habersham, Stephens and part of Lumpkin counties for the U.S. Forestry Service, said he had been working on the case for two to three months

Wow!! All that time spent on an indecency charge. Congrats to Ranger Allen on a great piece of police work. I think a raise and promotion is in order for keeping crack of the trails. :eek:

Dances with Mice
09-25-2006, 08:00
Getting road access and facilities installed was a major hassle (http://www.seclimbers.org/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=59)for the Forest Service. Just a few years ago the only access to the rock was through private land and the landowner could and would arbitrarily lock a gate closing the road. And not without reason, probably: Parking at the time was also on private land and you know there's always some slobs that are going to leave a bunch of trash. Acquiring the land for the road & building the parking lot was probably the last time Yonah was in the local news and that's why it was mentioned.

Rain Man
09-25-2006, 09:07
Wow!! All that time spent on an indecency charge. Congrats to Ranger Allen on a great piece of police work. I think a raise and promotion is in order for keeping crack of the trails. :eek:

Yeah, if they've got time to spend keeping cracks off the trail, then I just have to assume they first succeeded in getting all crack out of those four north Georgia counties, along with all meth labs, also all marijuana on public lands, plus solving all home burglaries, DUIs, wife abuse, jay-walking, and trailhead vehicle break-ins, thus he has time to spend on real crimes such as hiking alone in secluded nature in the buff?! At least they got their priorities right!

K0OPG
09-25-2006, 09:08
thanks guys, I really needed a good laugh this morning.

hammock engineer
09-25-2006, 09:20
Getting road access and facilities installed was a major hassle (http://www.seclimbers.org/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=59)for the Forest Service. Just a few years ago the only access to the rock was through private land and the landowner could and would arbitrarily lock a gate closing the road. And not without reason, probably: Parking at the time was also on private land and you know there's always some slobs that are going to leave a bunch of trash. Acquiring the land for the road & building the parking lot was probably the last time Yonah was in the local news and that's why it was mentioned.

I haven't been to or heard of this area before. I can see how this is a major improvement. It just seems that the way they worded it didn't fit with the news or the article. To me it seemed like the writer was putting in something unrelated to the story or something to please outside interests. But I guess that could be said of a lot of news stories.

Dances with Mice
09-25-2006, 09:27
... thus he has time to spend on real crimes such as hiking alone in secluded nature in the buff?! The good officers were only reacting to complaints - they wouldn't have known or cared about Mr. Blitch if citizens hadn't filed reports. I don't know about the Yonah trails, but (heh!), depending on the day & time if Mr. All Natural was mosquito bait at Ravens & Dukes then he wasn't on what I'd consider secluded trails.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
09-25-2006, 09:48
While I wouldn't have a problem with encountering a buff hiker while alone, I have to agree with DWM about the Ravens Cliff and Duke Creek - these trails often have families with kids hiking on them. Being a grandma, I don't want to have to explain the presence of Mr. Winkie and attendant fur to my granddaughters or great-granddaughters.

Heater
09-25-2006, 10:18
While I wouldn't have a problem with encountering a buff hiker while alone, I have to agree with DWM about the Ravens Cliff and Duke Creek - these trails often have families with kids hiking on them. Being a grandma, I don't want to have to explain the presence of Mr. Winkie and attendant fur to my granddaughters or great-granddaughters.

To be quite truthful, I'd rather not see it.

weary
09-25-2006, 10:41
I haven't been to or heard of this area before. I can see how this is a major improvement. It just seems that the way they worded it didn't fit with the news or the article. To me it seemed like the writer was putting in something unrelated to the story or something to please outside interests. But I guess that could be said of a lot of news stories.
He may have been a country correspondent that gets paid by the column inch. In which case anything he can sneak past an editor is fair game.

Skidsteer
09-25-2006, 17:39
The good officers were only reacting to complaints - they wouldn't have known or cared about Mr. Blitch if citizens hadn't filed reports. I don't know about the Yonah trails, but (heh!), depending on the day & time if Mr. All Natural was mosquito bait at Ravens & Dukes then he wasn't on what I'd consider secluded trails.

Yonah Mtn. gets a goodly number of visitors.

The last time I hiked it was in February. I was sitting on my back porch and could see that the mountain was covered in snow so I decided to walk it thinking that I would have the trail to myself.

I saw ten people in less than two hours if you include rock climbers and trail maintainers.

Even the maintainers had their clothes on. ;)

Dances with Mice
09-25-2006, 18:06
Yonah Mtn. gets a goodly number of visitors. Sounds like more of an exhibitionist than a naturalist. He was swinging his hiking pole on some very well-used trails.

IdahoDavid
09-27-2006, 15:34
Seems like the potential for stinging nettles, poison oak and poison ivy would make this sort of thing self-regulating, not to mention the angry parent and grandparent factor. But some guys can't resist letting their freak flag fly. Viva la difference!

twosticks
10-05-2006, 13:22
gives a new meaning to the saying "There's a snake in my boot"

1stCavSoldier
10-08-2006, 02:59
I just think it's funny that his last name is Blitch.

OldStormcrow
10-08-2006, 13:08
It has always amazed me how differently Americans respond to nudity than the europeans do. I was raised in Germany where nude beaches, coed restrooms, nudity in art, etc. is nothing to giggle about. Americans seem to look at nudity in any situation with all of the maturity of a bunch of 2nd graders at the art museum, i.e., with embarassed snickers and potty humor. I'm sure this poor guy was no "statue of David", but what is the basic difference? If he had been a 20-something female with a big smile, would there have been these complaints? At the risk of being redundant, once again I remind you all that "one may be nude without having sex, and one may have sex without being nude". The two are not neccesarily the same thing.....

Just Jeff
10-08-2006, 13:46
I've posted this on here before, but here goes again. When I lived in Italy, there was a traffic circle right outside my apartment. From my window I could see a billboard of a shirtless woman with her arms around a man...I could see one of her breasts, nipple and all. OTOH, they beeped out violence on the radio. Sometimes a song would have a whole verse removed and sometimes it would just be the word "gun" or similar.

And in America, we put songs on the radio about blasting cops, beating down members of other races, and glorify violence in kids' video games - but we can't show certain kinds of kisses on TV during certain hours, nudity is only on certain cable channels, etc.

Somehow our values have put violence over sex. What's that about?

Potty humor is still pretty funny, though... :D

freefall
10-08-2006, 16:15
Potty humor is still pretty funny, though... :D

:D hee.hee. you said pretty and potty in the same sentence.:D

SteveJ
10-08-2006, 18:28
:D hee.hee. you said pretty and potty in the same sentence.:D

chuckle....i like your style, freefall!