PDA

View Full Version : Arc or Sniveller

Bravo
09-23-2006, 19:52
The lady and I are ground sleepers and we're going to be trying out a Squall 2 for our shelter. Would you choose an Arc Ghost/Alpinist or a No Sniveller?

Why?

What's the temp rating on the Sniveller?

I know the ratings on the Ghost and Arc and I figured I could use the Arc for the whole trail and if I went with the Ghost I'd get a liner for the start and end of the trail.

What do you think?

hopefulhiker
09-23-2006, 20:00
I really liked the tarp tent and the squall should be big enough.. I used the BCB last year. It's a personal choice. I would also concentrate on an insulated mattress too. I would surely go with a liner too whatever the blanket because it adds warmth and is easy to wash and keep everything clean..

speedy
09-23-2006, 21:36
Arc cause it's shaped with a "real" footbox. Keeps out drafts better. Both are outstanding quality from what I've heard. No Sniveller is good for tree people, but for a ground quilt nunatak for the win. No Sniveler would be slightly colder than the ghost (same loft, but slightly draftier). Full length long johns I find better than liners, but that's just personal choice. :D speedy

MedicineMan
09-23-2006, 22:16
i dont think you can go wrong with either one but i thought the sniveler can become a regular quilt for use say at home, so dual use?
I chose the Arc series and am very happy but i'll do anything to keep off the ground.....for the dual use thing I have been using the Speer Pod in the bedroom.

Bravo
09-23-2006, 22:51
I chose the Arc series and am very happy but i'll do anything to keep off the ground.....for the dual use thing I have been using the Speer Pod in the bedroom.

What is a Speed Pod?

Just Jeff
09-25-2006, 21:25
Depends on your size...the JRB is adequate for ground sleeping and great for hammocks. Haven't used the Arc. But depending on your style the JRB can be worn...for me that saves about a pound from my pack b/c I don't have to wear a jacket.

Gotta be really fashion conscious to wear the NS, though - it's a chick magnet.

FanaticFringer
09-26-2006, 16:41
I'm gonna feel like Clint Eastwood the first time I use my NS in the woods.
Chicks, I mean Ticks, will be all over me.

peter_pan
09-26-2006, 18:36
Depends on your size...the JRB is adequate for ground sleeping and great for hammocks. Haven't used the Arc. But depending on your style the JRB can be worn...for me that saves about a pound from my pack b/c I don't have to wear a jacket.

Gotta be really fashion conscious to wear the NS, though - it's a chick magnet.

Jeff.... now you've gone and let the secret out .... ;)

Pan