PDA

View Full Version : Nimbus Latitude Ki

SillyGirl
09-24-2006, 20:16
Does anyone have this pack by granite gear? what do you think of it? I've tried on other packs by granite gear and like them. I have the opportunity to get this pack for a great price but am not sure if I should or not because I havent actually tried this one on with stuff in it, but it is in my size. My friend is selling it and it is very gently used- she has another interested buyer and I told her I would make the decision quickly. I dont have time to mess around with it. what do you think?

Wonder
09-24-2006, 22:13
I jsut bought one, and cannot wait to try it! I'll let you know in a couple weeks. I'm gonna do a weekend on the PA Horse-Shoe trail

SillyGirl
09-24-2006, 22:38
Thanks! Im exited to hear how it turns out.

kritter
10-02-2006, 20:17
I've got that pack. The hip belt and back padding are super comfy, it reminds me of one of those tempurpedic beds! It really molds to you when you're wearing the pack but doesnt loose shape. And it's just the right size for all your gear, not too big, not too small. The two verticle zippers that open up the main compartment at either the top of bottom make's it easy access. I find that too many little pockets and zippers make life more difficult, and this pack hardly has any useless attachments.

The only negative is that sometimes I feel the weight shifts around more then it should.

I've been on allot of trips with my pack and it hasn't given me any trouble, but I still wonder what it would be like too have a lighter pack. For some reason the other(lighter) granite gear bags get better reviews which makes me feel like I'm missing out haha.

Mammoth
12-18-2006, 00:23
Has anyone else tried to move the straps on their framesheet for this pack? I moved mine (on a regular) from the default down to 18 inches (which fits better), and now the back padding is kind of curved down at the top from the pressure of the straps. Also, the shift made the load lifter straps useless. Am I adjusting something wrong, or should I consider trading in for the shorter framesheet?

Sparky06
12-19-2006, 19:26
I had the same problem. Try the short size. The load lifters were totally useless for the reg torso at 18 inches for me too. I actually use this pack on the 17 inch setting even though I measure as an 18 inch torso...for some reason it just fits me better this way. Every other pack I've ever tried I've needed to set a longer torso than this, so I don't know what the deal is. I"m a new backpacker, so I checked the fit with a few more experienced folks and they agreed with my assessment that I needed the shorter size/setting.