PDA

View Full Version : Micro Simply Asia Find

hammock engineer
09-25-2006, 23:51
I came across a 4 pack of microwavable Simply Asia meals at Odd Lots for $5.

They come in at 820 calories, 6g fat, 156g carbs, and 30g protein. The contents minus packages and the wierd fork included come to 11.8oz. Most of the weight is in the packaged noodels. It cooked fast on the stove and the directions only call for 2 Tbsp of water.

The lipton side I have comes to 625 calories, 3g fat, 100 carbs, and 16g protein. It weighs in at 6.5 oz with packaging. It calls for 2 cups water that must be brought to a boil.

2 liptons beat it in terms of calories and carbs and only add 1.2 oz. The the aisa meal tastes better and I can eat one of them versus 2 liptons. You could add olive oil to the aisa meal to beat 2 liptons of the same weight. If you take into account cooking time, savings in fuel, and less water used these could have their place. That and a little more selection.

saimyoji
09-25-2006, 23:58
What was the cost of your Lipton side? Can you post a little more detail on the simply asian line? Sounds like a great option. :banana:D

sarbar
09-26-2006, 00:20
They have the 4 packs currently at Sams Club :)

Frolicking Dinosaurs
09-26-2006, 04:37
Link to Simply Asia product line (http://p2.hostingprod.com/@thaikitchen.com/products.html). I have been getting these at an Oriental grocery store for about a year or so. I do not like standard ramen noodles, but the dry noodle packs found in Oriental markets are tasty.

hammock engineer
09-26-2006, 12:55
What was the cost of your Lipton side? Can you post a little more detail on the simply asian line? Sounds like a great option. :banana:D

I only buy lipton sparingly at home when they are on sale for $1 per pack. Not sure what else to add other than they taste good and would make me rather large eating them at home all the time. Let me know if you want any more info.

Swass
09-27-2006, 17:14
Simply Asia are good but pretty pricey. As I'm half asian, we grew up with the stuff you get at the asian grocery. I'd highly recommend this to anyone. It's like Ramen but GOOD. Not only are they spicier, but they come with a little pack of dehydrated veggies and spicy oil. Usually about 50 cents for the good ones.

Oh and you can get them with rice noodles instead of those fried egg noodles.

If there's no english on the package, that's usually a good sign.