PDA

View Full Version : Guatemala, here we come!!!

Big Dawg
09-27-2006, 21:28
I just wanted to shout out to my WB family and let you guys know that my wife and I just received the "call" today letting us know that our adopted daughter is ready to come home from Guatemala. We'll be picking her up w/in a few weeks. We are so excited!! Her name is Natalie Maria and she is 9 months old. I am so excited about sharing my love of nature, and of course "the trail", w/ my new little one. My baby backpack is ready to go.:D

Hmmmmm, I wonder what the woods look like in Guatemala?!:-?

StarLyte
09-27-2006, 21:31
I just wanted to shout out to my WB family and let you guys know that my wife and I just received the "call" today letting us know that our adopted daughter is ready to come home from Guatemala. We'll be picking her up w/in a few weeks. We are so excited!! Her name is Natalie Maria and she is 9 months old. I am so excited about sharing my love of nature, and of course "the trail", w/ my new little one. My baby backpack is ready to go.:D

I KNOW you are excited. Congratulations. How wonderful.
Natalie......what a beautiful name.

Skidsteer
09-27-2006, 21:32

Congratulations!

Hmmmmm, I wonder what the woods look like in Guatemala:-?

Sorta like a jungle I imagine. :D

the goat
09-27-2006, 22:02
big congrats, big dawg!! you must be very excited to have a new addition to the family! i'm looking forward to hearing a/b your trip.

dense, dense jungle. check out some of the mayan ruins while you're there, tikal is nice...the western area of belize is also nice if you're close by. the people are nice and accommodating and the lifestyle is intriguing.

dixicritter
09-27-2006, 22:06

Congratulations! That's wonderful news!

ShakeyLeggs
09-27-2006, 22:11

That is indeed great news. Congratulations.

Pictures are anticipated.

Lone Wolf
09-27-2006, 22:44
Good stuff right there. Abortion sucks.

Blissful
09-27-2006, 22:51

Wow the ultimate adventure!!! Congratulations

:welcome to Natalie, soon to be newest little WB member....he he

Trillium
09-27-2006, 23:35

Hmmmmm, I wonder what the woods look like in Guatemala?!:-?Congratulations Big Dawg! That's GREAT :clap

we hiked the Watkins Glen Gorge w/ our daughter in a snuggly when she was 4 months old. this summer she & I hiked the Gorge together on our way to take her to her internship in Lowell, Mass. good times hiking w/ your child; no matter the age. :banana

DawnTreader
09-27-2006, 23:46
Right on man... Right on
Good luck and God Bless and love the hell out of it

hammock engineer
09-27-2006, 23:46

Another congrats to you. It is a great thing that you are doing.

Big Dawg
09-28-2006, 08:35
Thanks all!!

Cool. Do you speak spanish or have and connection to latin america/guatemala?

Hablo y entiendo muy poco espaniol (I speak little spanish), but I'm learning. We definately want to keep the latin heritage present in her life, including her native language.

No connection to Guatemala, per se. We took a cruise a few years back and one of the stops was Playa de Carmen, Mexico. During that stop we visited the ruins of Tulum and learned about the Mayan culture, and were mesmerized. A few years later, when making the decision to adopt (and for certain reasons, deciding on international adoption), Guatemala jumped to the top of the list. The rest is history.

We started this loooooong adoption process 9/04/04. I still can't believe I'm finally gonna be a dad! 13 years of infertility issues, then 2 years of adoption process,,,, whew, what a long journey. The miracle of life, and the fruits of parenthood. I'll be an older, but wiser papa indeed.:D

I'll keep you guys in touch!

Big Dawg
09-28-2006, 08:37
Here's one of her past pics,,,, we got updates regularly.

fishinfred
09-28-2006, 08:52
Congratulations To You And Your Wife! You're Both True Angels!
Have A Safe Trip And Keep Us Posted

ff

Frolicking Dinosaurs
09-28-2006, 09:06
:::: Dabs at tears of joy ::::
Can't wait to see pics of Mr. & Mrs. Big Dawg holding Natalie Maria.

peanuts
09-28-2006, 11:44
Congratulations!!!!!! She is beautifull!!! :jump
The jungles are dense, but a lot of history hidden there.

Jack Tarlin
09-28-2006, 13:27
Congratulations to all of you; have a wonderful trip and send some more pictures when you get back!

Jerm
09-28-2006, 14:42
Congrats to you and your wife. Can't wait for you guys to stop by the blue ridge. It'll be great to meet the newest member of yours and the WB family:welcome .

Jerm

Skidsteer
09-28-2006, 17:54
Thanks all!!
...Hablo y entiendo muy poco espaniol (I speak little spanish), but I'm learning...

Good for you, Big Dawg.

Your Spanish sentence actually translates more nearly as " I speak and understand very little Spanish."

Best wishes to you for a happy, healthy family. :sun

kevin
09-28-2006, 18:40
Let me join the others in offering up a hearty CONGRATULATIONS!! :banana

I know its been a long wait since Sept. 04, but the upcoming rewards will last a lifetime.

Big Dawg
09-28-2006, 19:50
Congratulations Big Dawg! That's GREAT

we hiked the Watkins Glen Gorge w/ our daughter in a snuggly when she was 4 months old. this summer she & I hiked the Gorge together on our way to take her to her internship in Lowell, Mass. good times hiking w/ your child; no matter the age. :banana

Wow, cool!! I plan on taking Natalie on a few hikes close by,,, maybe Hanging Rock, NC trails,,, or Pilot Mountain, NC trails. I think she'll be utterly amazed, as most children are when experiencing nature. My wife laughs when I "practice" (hahaha) by putting a stuffed animal in the baby carrier backpack and hiking around the house/yard. Another benefit... my wife, who normally has NO interest in the woods, now seems a little interested in "not being left out" when her daughter and I take an adventure into the woods.:D

Again, thanks ALL for your kind words!!

:banana:banana,, sorry, I usually hate these nanners, but they represent exactly how I'm feelin right now.