PDA

View Full Version : 2006 question of the year?

tiamalle
09-28-2006, 21:46
Who was the most fun and intresting person you met on the A T this year?

Sly
09-28-2006, 22:15
The guy in the mirror! ;)

Alligator
09-28-2006, 22:18
The guy in the mirror! ;)
LOL, opposites attract.

mweinstone
09-29-2006, 06:56
jessica and jason, ramble and treefingers, treegirl and minnisota smith, gary and pepper, lp and red b, julieann and thorou, miss jannet and bruno, jolly green giant and yatsee and cedar mo and way farer and brett and lenny and mr bluberry patch, ron budget, nancy and mr hike inn,pa bert and elmer and mt rodgers folk and wee willy the prince of whales and pirate and julieanns mom and do rag and guns of jesus and braveheart and messenger and bone pac and mrs gorp and stumknocker and even superman.

tiamalle
09-29-2006, 14:11
jessica and jason, ramble and treefingers, treegirl and minnisota smith, gary and pepper, lp and red b, julieann and thorou, miss jannet and bruno, jolly green giant and yatsee and cedar mo and way farer and brett and lenny and mr bluberry patch, ron budget, nancy and mr hike inn,pa bert and elmer and mt rodgers folk and wee willy the prince of whales and pirate and julieanns mom and do rag and guns of jesus and braveheart and messenger and bone pac and mrs gorp and stumknocker and even superman.Mweinstone,I have the same answer.I have had the chance this year to meet some of the greatest folks on earth either hiking,trail days,the motels and trailheads.I think meeting Frosty and finding out how good of person he is made my year.:)

mweinstone
09-29-2006, 20:17
dear mr hainy,
i think since the world is ending, god has all the good angles out doing double duty.and i fear that next year cant be like this one. what if next year is the year of the jerk? have there ever been years when you didnt meet as many great souls. was this class cool or what? we had so many legonds out on trail and so many records and cool new young blood and old guys and lots and lots of good dogs and the best hostle owners in history and more of em. and we had great weather in the south early and a long season and so many meaning ful lessons taught to us by you and the trail. thanx. im startin feb 18th as if i havent told you 5 times.the other day i saw green acres. the one where his wife goes to high school to learn to cook. and the battle of the two weather men. walter,... and the little old lady. member?

fishinfred
09-29-2006, 20:42
There was this guy that drove up to our "Magic camp" in an ice storm to rescue a young lady who was having major Achilles problems .What a great (and brave) soul! Then a couple nights later he drives up the Mt (5000 ft) to come and play us some tunes on his Guitar .....totally blew away a few hikers that were staying over the night.....AND THEN a couple nights later he shows up with his WHOLE FAMILY and a Banjo and makes some lifetime memories for even more Hikers ......You are definetly at the top of my list "Mr Haney" I mean Mr.X #2.
Not to mention the same person who drives 90 miles a day (at least ) up and down the mountain hauling stinky hikers FOR FREE! OH ....and don't forget the Feed /Concert for Hikers that went on .Theres just too much to list ...........
THANKS ALOT RON
Like somebody else said ...."LOOK IN THE MIRROR BUD"!
PEACE
Fishinfred

snowhoe
09-29-2006, 22:00
I think that old goat and posey picker, car bomb and elspeth were so fun ohhh and the aussie chicks and I cant forget Mr. breeze and sputnik. And the one guy who made me laugh the most and unfortunately I didnt get to hike with him that long was sumo. Die hard really earned his trailname, what a tuff guy.

Big Oz
09-29-2006, 22:23
There was this guy that drove up to our "Magic camp" in an ice storm to rescue a young lady who was having major Achilles problems .What a great (and brave) soul! Then a couple nights later he drives up the Mt (5000 ft) to come and play us some tunes on his Guitar .....totally blew away a few hikers that were staying over the night.....AND THEN a couple nights later he shows up with his WHOLE FAMILY and a Banjo and makes some lifetime memories for even more Hikers ......You are definetly at the top of my list "Mr Haney" I mean Mr.X #2.
Not to mention the same person who drives 90 miles a day (at least ) up and down the mountain hauling stinky hikers FOR FREE! OH ....and don't forget the Feed /Concert for Hikers that went on .Theres just too much to list ...........
THANKS ALOT RON
Like somebody else said ...."LOOK IN THE MIRROR BUD"!
PEACE
FishinfredFred thanks,the pleasure was all mine and I'm looking forward to next year.I think I am so blessed.I have got ot meet thousands
of nice future hiker trash legends.Yes I saw that.I've been trying to get Sly down here to the bash and maybe I can next year as everyone is invited.
these other post are mentioning great ones also.I sneak out on the trail section hiking and hoping to run into my old friends or hike with new ones.

tiamalle
09-29-2006, 22:26
Fred thanks,the pleasure was all mine and I'm looking forward to next year.I think I am so blessed.I have got ot meet thousands
of nice future hiker trash legends.Yes I saw that.I've been trying to get Sly down here to the bash and maybe I can next year as everyone is invited.
these other post are mentioning great ones also.I sneak out on the trail section hiking and hoping to run into my old friends or hike with new ones.i'm working late in the motel and ozzie is logged in on the computer