PDA

View Full Version : ALDHA 25th GATHERING info. now on website

eArThworm
10-02-2006, 23:12
Just now I checked for the umpteenth time and got a nice surprise. The workshop schedule and some other info. is now on the ALDHA website at
http://www.aldha.org/new06.htm Thanks, Stacy and Greg!

RedneckRye
10-03-2006, 01:45
Hooray!! Hooray!!
As usual, there is one time slot where I want to be 4 places, and then later on there is a time slot where nothing really jumps out at me.
A thought that has occurred to me as I sat in on some of the presentations in years past is that someone should be taping them. Either video or audio. Jack's "Planning the Dream" and Yogi's "PCT Planning Workshop" are something that anyone getting ready for a hike could learn from, but unfortunately everyone planning a hike can't make it to the Gathering. Maybe in the future ALDHA could do something like Trailcast.org and put some presentations on the website in podcast form. Maybe have the handouts available on the site as well. Several times I have been at presentations with 50 other folks and there were only 25 copies of the info handouts.
Also, maybe a dumpster at the Folklife Center to go along with the Port-a-Johns.
Just a couple of thoughts in the middle of the night. Only a week and a half to go!!
-RYE

Sly
10-03-2006, 06:10
Wouldn't taping the workshops defeat the purpose of the Gathering?!

StarLyte
10-03-2006, 07:00
Hey Redneck Rye-

I agree with you. My favorite programs are overlapping as well, with the exception of Friday night's presentation.

I am video taping a lot, but it will not be any forums. Though I might attempt to film tidbits here and there - with permission of course.

Hope you have some PCT stories for us.

Lone Wolf
10-03-2006, 07:04
So registration is NOT at the Folklife center but at the college gym?

StarLyte
10-03-2006, 08:18

Yes.

From the website.......

"The most important change for you to remember before the Gathering is that the homebase this year will be the Concord University gym. Here, you will find registration, the Gathering information booth, and the Hiker Fair. The Student Center has undergone rennovations as the University grows and the gym simply makes more sense as a central location for the nuts and bolts of the Gathering. Got questions, go here. Need to Register, go here. Vote in the Photo Gallery Contest, go here. Get the idea, go here (Concord gym)."

Lone Wolf
10-09-2006, 10:04

I just read the newsletter and it says registration on Friday IS at the Folklife Center from I:00 to 5:00? I'm confused as s**t as usual. WHERE is registration Friday afternoon?

eArThworm
10-09-2006, 12:07
I just read the newsletter and it says registration on Friday IS at the Folklife Center from I:00 to 5:00? I'm confused as s**t as usual. WHERE is registration Friday afternoon?

Registration Friday 1-5 WILL BE AT THE FOLKLIFE CENTER. When I talked to Sue (Mama Lipton) a couple days ago, she didn't know where the Friday evening 6-7 registration would be--either at the gym or outside the ballroom.

Lone Wolf
10-09-2006, 12:08
Thank you.:)

eArThworm
10-09-2006, 12:20
Thank you.:)

You're very welcome. See you Friday afternoon!