PDA

View Full Version : dumb question

altut
10-06-2006, 08:21
I was just looking at shanes page and he was talking about laying with your head almost in the corner that is pulled out by the side tie out on the HH and your feet in the opisit corner. Are you supposed to lay at thay much of an angle? I need to try it if so, i just thought you were supposed to lie just off center.

Touch of Grey
10-06-2006, 09:18
Everyone has a opinion about how and where you should sleep in a hammock. Even the manufactures give you some ideas about the optimum. Fact of the matter for me is very simple, each night it may differ depending on where my individual aches and pains maybe be and what feels comfortable. In theory laying as suggested allows you in a Asym hammock to lay flat on your stomach, back of side. Safest suggestion is to experiment for your self. I thionk that you will find what works well for you before to long and some nights it may be a little different.

TOG

StarLyte
10-06-2006, 09:32
I was just looking at shanes page and he was talking about laying with your head almost in the corner that is pulled out by the side tie out on the HH and your feet in the opisit corner. Are you supposed to lay at thay much of an angle? I need to try it if so, i just thought you were supposed to lie just off center.

Are you talking about Shane Steinkamp?

The Place with No Name?

Just Jeff
10-06-2006, 12:44
Are you supposed to lay at thay much of an angle?

As ToG said, you're supposed to lay however makes you comfortable. If you haven't tried laying at that much of an angle, give it a try. Sometimes it's great. Sometimes I lay directly down the centerline for a while to stretch out my back, and other times I lay as far diagonally as I can with my head on the bug net.

There really isn't a "supposed to" as long as you're comfortable.

altut
10-06-2006, 15:13
Thanks. Also, I got a oware pad and cut it into a stingray looking shape. IT worked well on some of my test hangs. I am going to over night with it tomorow or on a section trip in two weeks. I will post my results and pics.
Grumpy