PDA

View Full Version : I'm inventing a new word!!

Sly
10-08-2006, 00:37
Kludos!= Cool, congratulations.... for when hikers finish the trail.

Pretty kool huh? :cool:

Just Jeff
10-08-2006, 01:04
You get extra kludos for the green bean thing.

tiamalle
10-08-2006, 10:53

Pretty kool huh? :cool:You done good Sly:banana

TJ aka Teej
10-09-2006, 08:23
Sorry, Sly...
But I think I invented that word in '02 at Trail's End in Vermont after 5 Long Trail Ales! I think I also invented WoahIHavtaSiddown...

Dances with Mice
10-09-2006, 08:48
I invented storing my headlamp in the bear bag where I won't find it until the next morning. Is there a word for that?

Sly
10-09-2006, 09:32
I invented storing my headlamp in the bear bag where I won't find it until the next morning. Is there a word for that?

That's a tough one. I'll work on it.

rockrat
10-09-2006, 14:32
Jarvis: It means nonsense, its a Knoxville word

emerald
10-09-2006, 15:11
Sorry, Sly...
But I think I invented that word in '02 at Trail's End in Vermont after 5 Long Trail Ales! I think I also invented WoahIHavtaSiddown...

That same thought was thought in 1980 when Carter Brown and myself all but ran up to what may have been Pinwheel Vista after having helped out a damsel in distress who need a keg emptied. It was hot, we were thirsty and asked if we could get water from her faucet!:o ;) :)

I don't know if it was called Pinwheel Vista then or whether we were somewhere else, but what you refer to hit us both at about the same time, not far from the top.

Let's just say we rested and continued on!:rolleyes:

emerald
10-09-2006, 15:15
Jarvis: It means nonsense, its a Knoxville word

Must be.:-? Ain't never heard nothin like that here!:eek: Could you tell me more, if I were to fix you up with some grits and sweet tea in Pennsylvania?;) :)

STEVEM
10-09-2006, 16:32

Simple, Ursineilluminoia. This is a well documented psychological condition afflicting some thruhikers. Subconscious fear and concern that a bear who steals your food will need light to dine by.

Skidsteer
10-09-2006, 17:37

Pretty kool huh? :cool:

Great word, Sly.

But great words catch on faster if they can be used positively or negatively depending on circumstances.

You could probably also pass it off as a Bulgarian word for venereal disease with no one the wiser. ;)

Example:

"Kludos to you, MS!" or....

"Kludos to you, MS!"