PDA

View Full Version : Please help our student team!

Camp Girl
10-10-2006, 17:58
Hello,

We’re a team of students from the University of Colorado. We are working on an idea that we believe will be useful to the camping community and we would really appreciate it if you would take our survey. It should only take about 10 minutes and the results will only be used in our class.

Thank you!

Survey Link:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=910482668891 (http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=910482668891)

Skidsteer
10-10-2006, 18:07
Hello,

We’re a team of students from the University of Colorado. We are working on an idea that we believe will be useful to the camping community and we would really appreciate it if you would take our survey. It should only take about 10 minutes and the results will only be used in our class.

Thank you!

Survey Link:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=910482668891 (http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=910482668891)

Camp Girl,

You may want to spend a little time posting your 'bonifieds'.

After the first couple questions your 'survey' starts to smell like a commercial demographic, which many find as repugnant as spam.

If you're really sponsored by a university why is your link a dot.com instead of a dot.edu?

RockyTrail
10-10-2006, 18:15
Camping?
HIKING is where it's at, Camp Girl!

Camping is those yahoos with the 4WD in stuck in the creek and the pyramid of beer cans and 300 rounds of spent ammo:D

Just Jeff
10-10-2006, 18:18
Skidsteer - surveymonkey is a survey hosting site the many Universities use for student research. We even use it here at the Naval Postgrad School.

Some credentials would be nice, though - I took the survey it's obviously geared towards demographics and who's willing to pay how much for which products. Sounds like a marketing class to me.

Camp Girl - what's the end use for the results? A class project, or really something that'll be useful to the camping community?

gsingjane
10-11-2006, 07:44
I also don't understand the reference to "this meal." Which meal, the one you identify as your favorite, or any meal? The semantics were very confusing, I have never heard the term "beginning to be expensive." Many people, including us, just put together our meals from the grocery store and what we make at home, we don't go out and purchase freeze-dried specialized camping foods where you could easily put a price on it.

Jane in CT

Alligator
10-11-2006, 09:20
I also don't understand the reference to "this meal." Which meal, the one you identify as your favorite, or any meal? The semantics were very confusing, I have never heard the term "beginning to be expensive." Many people, including us, just put together our meals from the grocery store and what we make at home, we don't go out and purchase freeze-dried specialized camping foods where you could easily put a price on it.

Jane in CTI generally don't buy meals, but occasionally see something in the store that looks interesting enough to buy. Sometimes its a fancy soup packet, a quick fix dinner, etc.

The survey seems orientated towards exploring opening a camp food store. The questions are geared towards prices for the various meal options. There was also the question about adding perishables to the mix of non-perishable foods.

Interesting idea, but a physical store would have difficulty attracting enough customers. Jane's point is important. Regular hikers realize that buying prepackaged meals is cost prohibitive on a regular basis. There may not be a sufficient density of "campers" to operate a viable store. Possibly in Colorado though, who knows.

Something else to think about is that while backpackers can be on the affluent side, regular campers (car campers) choose camping as an inexpensive means of spending vacation time. Anyone with a cooler will not need specialty foods.

I thought the questions on meal price were good. How much is too much, what is reasonable, and how much is too little. Or thereabouts:) .

Last, realize this is a backpacking site for Appalachian Trail enthusiasts, so results may be a bit skewed. I suspect you are posting in other forums, though.

Good luck with your exercise!

Doctari
10-11-2006, 11:45
FYI: the last pre made (freeze dried?) meal I bought was in 1987, so when I got to the "How much would you pay" section, I left it blank. I mostly eat home dried stuff or something like Liptons Noodles n Sauce, and yes even Ramen.

Doctari.