PDA

View Full Version : Parking at Beartown Mountain Road near Lee, MA

weily1
10-10-2006, 18:04
What is the story on car parking at the trail crossing at Beartown Mountain Road near Lee, MA?

Deb
10-10-2006, 20:48
Very rough road; very muddy. 4-wheel-drive only in my opinion; in that case there is room to park.
Day parking at Beartown State Forest on Benedict Pond, .5 from the AT. Overnight parking in the lot at AT crossing on Rt. 23.

Cosmo
10-12-2006, 22:18
Depends on the weather. The section that the AT is on (about 50 ft) was washed out last fall. Approach from the Lee Mass side is pretty bumpy, but not impassable unless you are driving a sports car--just take it slow and be patient. There is parking just before the trail, but it is pretty lonely and there is an ATV trail near by. I'd be reluctant to leave my car there more than one night.

As Deb said, Rt 23 or Benedict Pond. I bet if you rented a campsite at Beartown SF (Benedict Pond) you could leave your vehicle there.

Cosmo

Very rough road; very muddy. 4-wheel-drive only in my opinion; in that case there is room to park.
Day parking at Beartown State Forest on Benedict Pond, .5 from the AT. Overnight parking in the lot at AT crossing on Rt. 23.