PDA

View Full Version : Separation Disease

mambo_tango
10-11-2006, 15:04
Next year I am going to start my AT thru-hike and at the same time my boyfriend is going to be in the Phillipines and then Japan for the summer which will make communication difficult. He plans on writing in a journal about everything while he is gone and then giving it to me when he gets back. I think this is a great idea for us to do but does anyone else have any ideas? I want our relationship to survive the time we are apart!

Skidsteer
10-11-2006, 17:59
Next year I am going to start my AT thru-hike and at the same time my boyfriend is going to be in the Phillipines and then Japan for the summer which will make communication difficult. He plans on writing in a journal about everything while he is gone and then giving it to me when he gets back. I think this is a great idea for us to do but does anyone else have any ideas? I want our relationship to survive the time we are apart!

E-mail?

You should be able to access yours fairly regularly in towns and I suspect that Japan certainly and the Phillipines most probably has internet access.

I think this is a great question for the general forum as well, Mambo. Did you have a reason for limiting it to the women's forum?

mambo_tango
10-11-2006, 20:59
I think this is a great question for the general forum as well, Mambo. Did you have a reason for limiting it to the women's forum?

I wasn't really sure where I should've asked it so I just went with the women's forum. I guess it would have been better in the general.

dixicritter
10-11-2006, 21:09
As a military spouse, I second the use of email and suggest that staying in contact is a really good idea. Another suggestion would be if you plan on having mail drops, give your boyfriend a list of where you'll be picking up mail so that he can mail you a letter, card or small gift. Likewise you could have an address to send things to him through the mail when you reach a post office.

There are many ways to stay in touch. Get creative. :)

bfitz
10-11-2006, 21:13
Carry tokens or favors that remind you of eachother...mabye a cute trinket thingy you can hang from your pack....oooh! His and hers tatoos!!

sarbar
10-11-2006, 21:37
Photos :) I carry photos of my son and my husband with me. I hang them in my tent above my head.