PDA

View Full Version : Friends & hammock camping

2Ply
05-04-2003, 13:57
Has anyone else bought a second hammock so our friends can become hooked on them too?;)

Jaybird
02-27-2004, 14:12
with a tent thats barely 2.5lbs...who needs a stinkin' hammock!

hehehehehehehe! :D

see ya'll UP the trail!

jlb2012
02-27-2004, 14:17
with a tent thats barely 2.5lbs...who needs a stinkin' hammock!

Anyone who wants a great nights sleep.

:banana :banana :bse :banana :banana

DebW
02-27-2004, 14:58
I made a 2nd hammock in my husband's size. Only got him to sleep in it once, in the back yard. He said it was more comfortable than sleeping on the ground, but not as good as his bed. My daughter, on the other hand, used it for a couple weeks on our hikes last year and loved it.

attroll
02-27-2004, 22:19
Yes I have a second hammock. I liked mine so much I bought a second one for my future wife. The other reason was to let others try it.

peter_pan
02-27-2004, 23:47
Second the great night sleep, Hog. :clap :clap
Jaybird must have fallen from the nest to love sleeping in a 2.5 lb tent on the hard ground. My hammock with a huge 8x10 tarp is less than 2.5 lb. With a down under-quilt I sleep in a warm cozy cloud even in the winter. :banana :banana :banana

peter_pan
02-27-2004, 23:53
Actually, I have made 4 extras so i can take a bunch of friends hammocking. :jump Hanging out is great.

Buckingham
08-25-2005, 18:33
I want to buy one for my wife, but she said that when she goes with me, she wants to tent, so that we can sleep together. If that's the case I think she should have to carry the tent.

Just Jeff
08-25-2005, 18:39
Naw, be a gentleman and carry the tent.

Let her carry the queen-size inflatable pillow-top air mattress and pump. Then let her pump it up.

Buckingham
08-25-2005, 18:45
Naw, be a gentleman and carry the tent.

Let her carry the queen-size inflatable pillow-top air mattress and pump. Then let her pump it up.I like the way you think, that's a great idea! Thanks!:clap

attroll
08-26-2005, 01:19
I want to buy one for my wife, but she said that when she goes with me, she wants to tent, so that we can sleep together. If that's the case I think she should have to carry the tent.
My wife said the same thing until I got her a hamock and she slept in it once. She said she has never been hiking or camping without waking up with a back ache until she tried the hammock. She would still like to sleep in the tent with me but she does not mind now that she sleeps so well.

Patrick
08-26-2005, 09:09
I got a Hennessy last week and am in love with it. I've been telling one of my best friends that I hike with all about it, but he's been skeptical. He came over the other day and I set it up for him and he fell in love immediately.

He just finished his stint with the Marines and they took back all of his gear, which is what he always used on our trips. He's finishing up college so doesn't have too much dough, so I found one on eBay yesterday and am going to surprise him with it.