PDA

View Full Version : New Red Ledge the solution?

A-Train
10-11-2006, 23:12
So I spotted this new Red Ledge jacket at the shop I work at which really looks promising. Unfortunately it didn't have a model name on it, and I haven't been able to find it on their site, but I'll try to get it. It basically looks like a Marmot Driclime windshirt, except has a hood, and is half the price (50 bucks). It weighs about 12 oz for a large and is waterproof/windproof and has that light fleece lining seen in the Marmot. Has anyone tried one of these yet? I may get one this week and it could be my new jacket for upcoming adventures.

Creaky
02-16-2007, 17:46
Not entirely germaine, but I've been pretty disappointed by my Redledge rainjacket. The way the Zipper is set in makes starting it difficult, the hood doesn't roll up or stow, and it began the process of shredding with the first rough wear (pocket seam tears), continuing it during a benign tourist trip abroad. I own a couple of Marmot pieces, including the DriClime, which are much better made and sturdier, so it's a Precip for me next time. I'd advise getting your hands on one of these new jackets before putting money down on one. Hope it checks out well.