PDA

View Full Version : Incredible Community

Wanderingson
10-12-2006, 03:18
Folks,

I have now been part of WB for about 3 weeks. I have read through multiple threads and have really been awed with the free flow of information in this community. Years ago, I was active with another website which I will refrain from mentioning so this thread does not spin out of control. It is really great to see the variety of threads and posts which allow members of this community see how people in this community feel on certain issues without being censored of chastised for their way of thinking.

Now I would like to think I have a wee bit of knowledge and experience in the outdoors and certainly trekking by foot. I have learned many things over the years through experince, research and from the wisdom of others. I have had many of the experiences all newcomers face when attempting to answer questions about the unknown. I previousy had a subscription to a national publication which is now more focused on the commercialization of it's publication--this is still a good starting point for many. I have gone through countless gear changes as I learn what is best for me. Lord knows, I have enough gear to start my own outfitting service.

So I say to the rest of this community "keep on truckin". We have a great thing here and I know when newcomers log in they have a wealth of experience and wisdom at their fingertips and they can absorb vast amounts of information from the extensive years of wisdom and experience without fear of feeling completely stupid.

I have been all around this planet and have shared many things with newcomers that had the internal burning desire to experince a little bit of what the wilderness and the great outdoors has to offer. It is so coll to see seasoned veterans freely sharing what has been passed on to them and how their personal insight and experiences can continue to assist others.

Rock on my froends, this is where I choose to continue to learn and share my thoughts.

Wanderingson

SGT Rock
10-12-2006, 03:26
Welcome to the site again. Glad you feel at home here and hope you can contribute lots to the discussions here. Hope to see you on the trail, and maybe even in Febuary when I am on my way back home.

Disney
10-12-2006, 03:35
I think one of the greatest parts of this place is the straight forward forum. I, like so many people, have used that resource as it is intended to be used. While sometimes the responses don't perfectly stay on target, it's well within a comfortable margin of error. It never fails to make me smile, when I see just how many people are willing to help and aid those with their small questions. I remember when it went up, and think it was an absolutely wonderful idea. I'll echo your thoughts wanderingson - with a little edit. Hike on my friends.

Wanderingson
10-12-2006, 03:52
Rock,

I just realized you were from Maryville, TN. I have some in-laws down the road in the Coker Creek/Telico Plains area. In fact I have my jeep out there awaiting my return from out here--whenever that might be. We will most likely head back there for a few days next summer to visit.

Be sfae out there my friend

SGT Rock
10-12-2006, 04:01
Rock,

I just realized you were from Maryville, TN. I have some in-laws down the road in the Coker Creek/Telico Plains area. In fact I have my jeep out there awaiting my return from out here--whenever that might be. We will most likely head back there for a few days next summer to visit.

Be sfae out there my friend

I should be back in Maryville around the first of March (if not a little sooner than that) so if you come around the area to do some hiking, let me know. Always good to meet some fellow WhiteBlazers on the trail somwehre.