PDA

View Full Version : Pearisburg area photos needed ASAP!

MOWGLI
10-12-2006, 17:55
WB Members:

I'm making a presentation Saturday night at the ALDHA Gathering. I am sorely in need of a high quality photo or three from the Appalachian Trail near Pearisburg. I would also be interested in photos from the junction of the AT and the Allegheny Trail. This is a non-commercial use, and photo credit will be provided.

Can anyone help me? If so, please email the photo to jhunter at AmericanHiking.org.

Many many thanks!

Jeffrey Hunter

PS: See y'all at The Gathering!

Hikerhead
10-12-2006, 18:08
Jeff, you have mail!!!

trippclark
10-12-2006, 18:12
How "near Pearisburg" are you talking about? Last weekend I hiked from Atkins to Bland (roughly 40 - 80 miles south of Pearisburg) and took about a hundred photos. Because of cloudy conditions, most are nearer to Atkins and therefore on the far end of that range.

MOWGLI
10-12-2006, 18:33
Jeff, you have mail!!!

I was going to send you a PM! Thanks Brother!

MOWGLI
10-12-2006, 18:47
How "near Pearisburg" are you talking about? Last weekend I hiked from Atkins to Bland (roughly 40 - 80 miles south of Pearisburg) and took about a hundred photos. Because of cloudy conditions, most are nearer to Atkins and therefore on the far end of that range.

Tripp:

I was looking for something within 10-12 miles north or south of Pearisburg. But I greatly appreciate your offer.

Gaiter
10-12-2006, 19:18
http://homepage.mac.com/thickredhair/Welcome/PhotoAlbum5.html starting with the 5th pic is the ridge that you hike along before going into pearisburg, then further down is a pic from the hostel's back porch.

hanna

MOWGLI
10-13-2006, 00:15
WB:

Y'all came up BIG! Really BIG. Thanks so much for the great photos. Special thanks to Thick Red hair, Tuesday Night Norm, The Captain, Hokey Pokey, Hiker Girl and Julie W. I got what I needed. These photos will really augment my talk Saturday night.

Safe travels to all heading to The Gathering.

Jeffrey Hunter