PDA

View Full Version : Trail Recipes (pdf)

onicoe
10-13-2006, 14:14
i recently downloaded a pack of 50 ebook cookbooks and this file was tucked in there. it's compiled by a boy scout troop and features some nice charts in addition to a bunch of quick and easy trail recipes. enjoy!

mike!
10-13-2006, 15:32
thanks onicoe! man.. i told myself when i hike the AT my biggest luxury will be food! and this list will certainly help!
thanks!
mike!

Hikes in Rain
10-13-2006, 15:36
I agree. Only skimmed it so far, but this looks quite cool!

VinnZee
03-05-2013, 01:04
I saw this recently also, while looking for trail and survival recipes; thanks for sharing...

I would be interested to see what foods/rations are everyone's favorites for long hikes/camping/survival trips.

I am hoping that sometime late summer I can take my two boys camping for the first time, and I don't want to carry a lot of canned stuff, per se, I would be more interested in reconstituting foods (freeze dried, dehydrated, powdered, etc) for the first trip, since I will be carrying all the gear...

I can see lots of powdered eggs, beef jerky stews, and ramen noodles in our camping trips lol

Mountain Mike
03-05-2013, 01:25
Check out this site http://www.trailcooking.com/trail-cooking-101 . Lots of great simple meals for you & the boys.

christoba123
03-24-2013, 15:38
Add bacon jerky=good recipe