PDA

View Full Version : marmot precip jacket

ChicagoRob
05-05-2003, 09:18
How often do they go on sale and how cheap do they get?

max patch
05-05-2003, 09:21
This is from memory, but I recall that the last 2 or 3 years I have seen them on sale online in the Thanksgiving-Christmas timeframe for $79.

Sparky!
05-05-2003, 09:55
I bought mine from Campmor for $79 about a month a go... and they are still on sale there for $79.98 Twenty dollars cheaper than any other place I could find.

Spark

Mike Drinkuth
05-06-2003, 22:40
yep...99$ in stores and 79$ on sale in campmor catalog. Never seen a different price than those two anywhere. Believe me, i've been looking to buy one the instant I can find one under 80 bucks! My buddy has jacket and pants and she swears by em!

Sparky!
05-07-2003, 07:38
I had my jacket out for the first time two weekends ago. It rained solid two of the three days we were out. Once I figured out my ventilation requirements and learning not to wear a fleece under it ( too warm ) I did not have one problem with it. It kept me dry and warm.. The hood is great and the pit zips and the adjustable cuffs are a huge benefit to the ventilation.. I am hooked on this jacket. YMMV

Hikerhead
05-07-2003, 07:44
I'll second all that Sparky said.

ChicagoRob
05-07-2003, 16:56
Thanks for the help, I wasn't sure if they ever get cheaper then what Campmor has 'em for right now.

Sparky!
05-07-2003, 17:24
I believe the two hardest things to over come was spending $80 on a rain coat, but it is worth every penny. I am reminded by something I read somewhere. " It doesn't matter how much money you saved when your life depends on the gear working" A bit of a drastic saying but for some parts of my gear I put that verbage to heart.. ... then the second hardest decision was what color to choose... I went with the electric blue... ;)

ChicagoRob
05-08-2003, 09:55
I agree, my biggest expenses are my sleeping bag (WM, awsome!) and now the precip. I ordered the green one. I'm hoping it's a nice rainy day when it arrives.

Sparky!
05-18-2003, 16:17
I took my jacket out this morning when I went for a 6 mile run in the rain. It handled great, I opened up the pitzips all the way, loosened up the cuff and waist band and away I went. Not problem with the accumulation of sweat with that much ventilation.. although I did get my cuffs of my shirt wet and the chest areas where I had it zipped down a little to far. I have used this jacket twice now in some good rain conditions.. I give this jacket tow thumbs up!

ChicagoRob
05-29-2003, 11:45
Awsome jacket. We had some good rains 'round these parts yesterday afternoon. Gave me a chance to test it. Makes me want to get the pants now.

David S.
05-29-2003, 12:55
I got mine for 30% off at a local outfitter here in town. Seems like they were trying to make room for summer stuff. Only problem is, I am a man but the jacket was labeled as a womens large...thats all they had. It fit me very well though and I still haven't figured out how its different from a mans other than it might be a medium on a man rather than a large. Anyone know the difference between the mans jacket and the womens? I would sure hate to be embarrassed if a bear came upon me in the woods and thought I was a women! :D

DebW
05-29-2003, 13:32
The sizing might be slightly different, and the color options different. I bought a men's medium because it was a little longer in the hem and the arms than a women's large. Sometimes I like to cover my hands with the sleeves in a heavy rain.

Sparky!
05-30-2003, 08:07
David S, DebW is right on the sizing... Mostly it it the "Cut" of the jacket that is different. The shoulders are a little narrower and the sleeves are a little shorter. But if it fits then there is no problem...

Grimace
05-30-2003, 08:24
I just got a catalogue selling the precips for 62.99. Good deal, but it is only for the Anorak. I forgot the name of the catalogue though. If anybody wants to know i'll post it tonight.

ga>me>ak
05-30-2003, 11:10
Think I paid 50 something for mine @Sierria. I had to order the womens, but, other than the color it works great. For that price, who cares...