PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity Sighting near the AT!!!! Sargent Slaughter!

MOWGLI
10-16-2006, 08:35
So yesterday I'm on my way home from The Gathering and I stopped at the Dairy Queen in Bland. When I approached the counter I notice this BIG DUDE with a jutting chin. He was on line ahead of me. The girl behind the counter went in the back and came back out and said to the BIG DUDE, "Sir, what is your name?" The guy answered with some common name, and she said, "Oh, my co-worker thought you were Sargent Slaughter (http://www.wwe.com/superstars/halloffame/sgtslaughter/profile/)." To which he answered, "I am."

Right there in Bland, live in the flesh! The old wrestler - Sargent Slaughter! A young kid then emerged from the kitchen with a slip of paper and said, "Sir, may I have your autograph", to which the gentle giant kindly obliged.

I thanked him for some entertaining moments, and we all went on our way. Pretty cool!

Hammerhead
10-16-2006, 09:08
Wow, there's a name from the past! Very cool!

Jaybird
10-16-2006, 09:18
So yesterday I'm on my way home from The Gathering and I stopped at the Dairy Queen in Bland. When I approached the counter I notice this BIG DUDE with a jutting chin........The old wrestler - Sargent Slaughter!

WOW!

your HEROES are has-been 2nd rate wrestlers?
i guess Tojo Yamamoto is a GOD @ your house, huh?:D

the goat
10-16-2006, 09:22
ha, ha! that's cool, i love when random things like that happen.:D

Kerosene
10-16-2006, 09:23
Here is a picture of Sarge being sold on e-Bay of all things: http://i16.ebayimg.com/04/i/07/9d/b0/58_2.JPG

DareN
10-16-2006, 10:11
When I was a teenager in the 80's, and wrestling and Sargent Slaughter were really popular, I bussed his table at the restaurant I worked at. There are a lot of 80's wrestlers where I live here. Hulk Hogan, Macho Man, Bushwackers, Nasty Boys. Sarge was also really nice to me and gave me an autograph.

bigben
10-16-2006, 10:28
What was his signature move? The "Cobra Clutch?" I actually feel dumber for knowing that. It's funny what sticks in your head from when you were 12 and still thought the WWF was real.

Bigben

MOWGLI
10-16-2006, 10:30
It's funny what sticks in your head from when you were 12 and still thought the WWF was real.

Bigben

It's not real? :eek: Don't tell me THAT!

I wonder if Sargent Rock is a fan of Sargent Slaughter.

Lone Wolf
10-16-2006, 10:31
What was his signature move? The "Cobra Clutch?" I actually feel dumber for knowing that. It's funny what sticks in your head from when you were 12 and still thought the WWF was real.

Bigben

*** you mean it ain't real!:mad: Man. All these years I thought it was the real deal. Damn!