PDA

View Full Version : Trail Journals

Boat Drinks
10-17-2006, 18:05
Hi guys, newbie here. I've enjoyed the site thoroughly so far and the people in here are incredibly nice and eager to help us noobs with our silly redundant questions! Thanks Guys!!!:sun

My question is this: I like to read the journals at trailjournals.com but I HATE reading documents off of my PC's monitor, it makes my head hurt. Is there any way to print these journals in their entirety short of cutting and pasting every page to MS Word?

Again, thanks for all the kind help and encouragement!!!:)

Frolicking Dinosaurs
10-17-2006, 18:35
I don't think there is a way to do what you want. Many have started using other journaling / blogging options because of this limitation, but for now TJ is the most comprehensive source of hiking journals.

minnesotasmith
10-17-2006, 18:38
I believe there is supposed to be a term-based search function there, but don't know how to activate it. Any advice?

Heater
10-17-2006, 18:44
I believe there is supposed to be a term-based search function there, but don't know how to activate it. Any advice?

Type garbge into the primary search space and let it come back with

"No accounts found "hgdhbgfsd" or something like that.

Then... click on "another search."

namehere
10-17-2006, 20:12
coral, there is no easy way to download all of one person's journal into a print-friendly format.

however, if part of the annoyance of browsing trailjournals.com's website is having to locate and click the 'next' link 200+ times just to read through one person's journal, then perhaps you want to check out the Mozilla Firefox browser. i use Firefox with 2 extensions ( named 'nextplease' and 'mouse gestures' ) that allows me to do a simple mouse movement whenever i want to go to the next or previous pages in a journal. it beats having to scroll up or down, locate and click on the little 'next' link. with firefox, you can more easily customize the look of any webpage as well (enlarge or shrink text, remove annoying pictures or other flashing objects, etc..). i find using firefox much friendlier than internet explorer.

www.mozilla.com (firefox)