PDA

View Full Version : crippled bloods hippy thanksgiving

general
10-17-2006, 21:56
the second annual hippy thanksgiving will be held on November 17-19, hosted by the crippled bloods, in North East Georgia, near Helen. hippy thanksgiving means that everyone who attends will be asked to bring something to eat (everyone has a secret receipe for something). this will be held at our house, so all cooking facilities will be available. thanksgiving dinner will be served sometime saturday evening. there is plenty of room to camp close to the house, down by the river. i'll be getting a couple of kegs of some local beer as well, which may run out before sat night, so any additional alc. would be appreciated. everyone is invited. last year turned out really well, and i'm sure this year will be even better. pm me for directions or e-mail me at [email protected]

Tha Wookie
10-18-2006, 09:22
Who are the crippled bloods? Is this in Cleveland?

Lone Wolf
10-18-2006, 09:27
Kinda like the Blue - Blazin Hobo Hiker Trash. Or Billville. They're a bunch of guys and gals that hiked together in 2000.

StarLyte
10-18-2006, 09:42

You have a good memory Wookie.

That gang is called "The Crips"......

Long feet
10-18-2006, 14:00
And the other is "the bloods"... They are rival street gangs that were brought to a truce by a man who was later executed by the state - but I don't think they hike much, especially on the AT...

Wonder
10-18-2006, 16:40
Sound like it could be fun.....I'll see what I can do about getting down there. It would be nice to see all the folks down around Haiwasse too!

general
10-18-2006, 18:13

my address is clevelend, but were located pretty much directly in between cleveland and cornelia on the white county side of the Chattahoochee. in the beginning in 2000 a group of folks camped and hung out, but mostly drank much beer together. we all had either red or blue bandannas and since we drank much beer, most of us were either crippled or bleeding at any given time. Miss Janet gave us all matching bandannas sporting a bald eagle and a nice tasteful rendition of the st. andrews cross thus solidifying us as a proper trail gang. we had gang wars with the hobos at trail days and then united the clans (before any shots were fired). that's the brief history. those were some good times. you ain't gotta be a crippled blood to attend. we really will let anyone in here.

Skidsteer
10-18-2006, 18:16
the second annual hippy thanksgiving will be held on November 17-19, hosted by the crippled bloods, in North East Georgia, near Helen. hippy thanksgiving means that everyone who attends will be asked to bring something to eat (everyone has a secret receipe for something). this will be held at our house, so all cooking facilities will be available. thanksgiving dinner will be served sometime saturday evening. there is plenty of room to camp close to the house, down by the river. i'll be getting a couple of kegs of some local beer as well, which may run out before sat night, so any additional alc. would be appreciated. everyone is invited. last year turned out really well, and i'm sure this year will be even better. pm me for directions or e-mail me at [email protected]

You still on R.West rd?

I'll most probably come by. Sounds like fun. :)

Tha Wookie
10-19-2006, 00:11
my address is clevelend, but were located pretty much directly in between cleveland and cornelia on the white county side of the Chattahoochee. in the beginning in 2000 a group of folks camped and hung out, but mostly drank much beer together. we all had either red or blue bandannas and since we drank much beer, most of us were either crippled or bleeding at any given time. Miss Janet gave us all matching bandannas sporting a bald eagle and a nice tasteful rendition of the st. andrews cross thus solidifying us as a proper trail gang. we had gang wars with the hobos at trail days and then united the clans (before any shots were fired). that's the brief history. those were some good times. you ain't gotta be a crippled blood to attend. we really will let anyone in here.

i know what this is all about. I saw Beat It.

general
10-19-2006, 10:18
You still on R.West rd?

I'll most probably come by. Sounds like fun. :)

still the same place. turn right on ricky west off of new bridge road (if you're coming from skitts mountain). take a left on may white rd at the end of ricky west. take the first right onto old cherokee road. stay on old cherokee road until it ends at the river. my drive is princess lane on the right. we're the second and last house out princess lane.

lots of fun.

disclaimer: i did not have anything to do with naming my driveway princess lane. for the record i may knock the pr off of the sign and make it incess lane, for that would be better than princess.

slingblade
11-06-2006, 11:24
Gonna do my best to got down there. How many of us founding members are on board for this year? Julie is doing a seven day hike that week but I might talk her into doing a five so she can come too. Did I just say that? Talk somebody into "shortening" a hike? Sling C.B. 00'

Miss Janet
11-06-2006, 11:40
Wow, what a blast from the past!! What ever happened to the rest of this bunch? Last I heard from STR he was trying to hitch to Alaska to work on a boat.

general
11-06-2006, 13:01
Gonna do my best to got down there. How many of us founding members are on board for this year? Julie is doing a seven day hike that week but I might talk her into doing a five so she can come too. Did I just say that? Talk somebody into "shortening" a hike? Sling C.B. 00'

it'll be worth it.

general
11-06-2006, 13:08
Wow, what a blast from the past!! What ever happened to the rest of this bunch? Last I heard from STR he was trying to hitch to Alaska to work on a boat.

lurch is in the air force somewhere in the middle east
mule (last i heard) is a civilian firefighter in iraq
i havn't heard from dandelion in a long time
slingblade is living in black mountain
last i heard from str, he was in healy alaska working at a resort. that was several years ago. i think he may have been wanted at the time, so he could be doing some time somewhere. going back to college as he would put it.
cola monkey is working at mountain crossings at neel gap.
you wanna make it down for the festivities? i would love to see you.

general
11-06-2006, 13:12

groom will probably show up. last year all those cats from mountain crossings were here, and i'm assuming they will come this year as well. as for founding fathers, and mothers, it'll be you, me, and monkey.
lots of other folks as well.

Lion King
11-07-2006, 17:05
Wish I could be there...a good game of shine induced-RISK is at hand.

Still in Washington.

L to the K

mweinstone
11-07-2006, 18:22
hey lionking! hope your well. washington? wow! too cool dudeski

from pizza and compass class at miss janets to washington and back to the white blaze! the burmuda triangle of the hiking world.

general
11-07-2006, 19:23
Wish I could be there...a good game of shine induced-RISK is at hand.

Still in Washington.

L to the K

that's how i keep the little green men going. they get killed and they don't even know it.

slingblade
11-19-2006, 10:54
Cant make it. Work,school,more work. Old lady is sick. But coming down before the year is up. AH-ITE-DEN

Sly
11-19-2006, 12:05
I just got back from the General's Lots of eating and drinking, good times, good people.

Thanks Lee.