PDA

View Full Version : Are rednecks actually more cultured

lobster
10-18-2006, 11:41
than the rest of society??? They have got their priorities straight.

Bassfishing, Nascar, etc.....

Lone Wolf
10-18-2006, 11:42
You damn right we is more cultured.

Kerosene
10-18-2006, 12:07
Being cultured has nothing to do with having the "right" priorities.

Phreak
10-18-2006, 12:09
I guess so if bassfishing and Nascar are priorities. I personally find both to be 'mindnumbing'. Never have quite figure out the appeal of watching a group of individuals drive at 200+mph in circles. But to each their own.

timhines
10-18-2006, 12:17
Cultured. Hmmm. Don't all rednecks like buttermilk? that's cultured isn't it?

Sly
10-18-2006, 12:17
Need a name change here to Lobster tRoll

Frolicking Dinosaurs
10-18-2006, 12:25
Lobster, the rednecks may hunt you down and show you how cultured they can be if you don't quit trolling.

Gray Blazer
10-18-2006, 12:32
Ain't you never seed the Beverly Hillbillys?

Blister
10-18-2006, 12:42
A couple of trail daze ago, I assisted Jester in dressing up as Van Goghs self portrait. As we walked down the streets of Damascus: all the so called cultured hikers or those from the civilized metropolitan areas, wearing the brand new $100 dollar newest patagucci's said "Whats that guy suppose to be???" On the flip side southern accented, beard sporting, beer drinking, pick up truck driving gents noticed "Hey cool, its Van Gogh". Quite unexpected and refreshing. I love my redneck boyz!

sherrill
10-18-2006, 12:56
Went bass fishing the other day in a Fender Creek behind my tobacco barn.

Caught a nice 53 P-Bass with the tele headstock. Didn't throw that one back.

However, caught a bunch of CBS Fenders. Crap. Tossed those.

A pre-Ernie Ball Music Man got away

Gray Blazer
10-18-2006, 13:11

A pre-Ernie Ball Music Man got awayCan you catch me a Fender Jazz Bass? Pre-Japanese?

STEVEM
10-18-2006, 13:50
Ain't you never seed the Beverly Hillbillys?

Doubt it, when this crustacean is not playing computer he spends his time under a rock eating rotten fish.

TN_Hiker
10-18-2006, 13:59
Seems to me you all are confusing redneck with hillbilly. Y'all know there is a difference

sherrill
10-18-2006, 14:02
No problem, GB, let me pull out the post Steinberger Geddy Lee lure, should reel one in shortly.

My only bass fishing regret is tossing back a 77 burgundyglo Rick. If I had a time machine...

RockyTrail
10-18-2006, 14:03

A pre-Ernie Ball Music Man got away

You too? Then catching that Kay upright last summer in the Gulf wasn't so odd after all, even though I had chummed it up in hopes of catching a pre-war Gibson:D Turns out I got my line snagged in a planetary tuner and couldn't haul it over the capo.

Gray Blazer
10-18-2006, 14:18
Seems to me you all are confusing redneck with hillbilly. Y'all know there is a difference
Online dictionary defines
redneck 1.uneducated white farmer, esp. from the south 2.a bigot or reactionary, esp. from the rural working class 3. narrow minded, prejudiced or reactionary.
hillbilly 1. aperson from backwoods or other remote area esp. from the mountains of the southern US
hillbillary 1. Neo's girlfriend and her man, bill:banana

leeki pole
10-18-2006, 14:33
NASCAR: the only sporting event that has and is obligated to have televised, every week;

A. An invocation.
B. The National Anthem.
C. A flyover by our proud aviators in our US military.

By gum, I'm proud to be a redneck. It's what right about the USA. :)

SGT Rock
10-18-2006, 14:33
Now in an effort to get edjucated I went to college here for a while. In one class they call "anthropolojy". In it they said that saying us rednecks are uncultured is somethin they call "ethnocentrism" which basically means someone that thinks their version of "cultured" is better than my version is just faluttin and needs to get off his high horse.

Lone Wolf
10-18-2006, 14:42
NASCAR: the only sporting event that has and is obligated to have televised, every week;

A. An invocation.
B. The National Anthem.
C. A flyover by our proud aviators in our US military.

By gum, I'm proud to be a redneck. It's what right about the USA. :)

Ditto, goldangit!

Rain Man
10-18-2006, 15:53
Now in an effort to get edjucated I went to college here for a while. In one class they call "anthropolojy". In it they said that saying us rednecks are uncultured is somethin they call "ethnocentrism" which basically means someone that thinks their version of "cultured" is better than my version is just faluttin and needs to get off his high horse.

Dang tootin'!!!!!!!!!!

Rain:sunMan

1happyhiker
10-18-2006, 17:33
i always thought that hillbillies were move civilized than rednecks.

for instance if i think redneck i see: 500 double wide trailers with miscellaneous broken down chevy, ford and dodge trucks. i see a pinto painted a black with a huge number 3 on the side in honor of Dale. you hear conversations pertaining to "walmart" and "the discount cigarette shop" as well as someone still referring to people from pennsylvania as yankees. also has a sticker on his or her truck that proclaims "the south shall rise again"

a hillbilly? i think of someone that lives on the backside of lookout mtn, past the souvenir shops. someone that has all he or she needs. cuts only what firewood they need. still has a still and still makes proper 'shine. someone that knows the south lost and doesn't care cause its not relevant to his life.

just my thoughts.

-hh

Sly
10-18-2006, 17:44
a hillbilly? i think of someone that lives on the backside of lookout mtn, past the souvenir shops. someone that has all he or she needs. cuts only what firewood they need. still has a still and still makes proper 'shine. someone that knows the south lost and doesn't care cause its not relevant to his life.

I like that. Hillbillies Rock!

general
10-18-2006, 18:01
i see a pinto painted a black with a huge number 3 on the side in honor of Dale.

-hh

yeah, but that baby's got a 350 four bolt main with a blower stuck out of the hood, and will smoke a vette anyday.

all my kin are refined hillbillies and proud of it. i got proof, about 120 of em".

neo
10-18-2006, 19:51
You damn right we is more cultured and i will always love hillary.
:D thats nice:cool: neo

Lone Wolf
10-18-2006, 19:55
:D thats nice:cool: neo

You gots to quit changin my words around and quit PMing me about how you voted for and love G. Bush.

ed bell
10-18-2006, 20:14
...... quit PMing me about how you voted for and love G. Bush.He said it in a non Mark Foley way, right?:D

Lone Wolf
10-18-2006, 20:15
He said it in a non Mark Foley way, right?:D

Nope. Extremely lispy.

John Klein
10-18-2006, 21:07
I guess so if bassfishing and Nascar are priorities. I personally find both to be 'mindnumbing'. Never have quite figure out the appeal of watching a group of individuals drive at 200+mph in circles. But to each their own.
But you live in Atlanta so you must have driven fast around 285 yourself a few times.

greentick
10-18-2006, 21:14
But you live in Atlanta so you must have driven fast around 285 yourself a few times.

It's not just an interstate designation but a speed limit!

Except from 7am-10am and 3pm to 7pm. Then it's a parking lot.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
10-18-2006, 21:16
But you live in Atlanta so you must have driven fast around 285 yourself a few times.Since he is not squashed like a bug, he must have. Any speed below about 85 MPH will get you killed on 285.

bfitz
10-18-2006, 21:24
Definitely.

Mountain Man
10-18-2006, 22:11
Online dictionary defines
redneck 1.uneducated white farmer, esp. from the south 2.a bigot or reactionary, esp. from the rural working class 3. narrow minded, prejudiced or reactionary.
hillbilly 1. aperson from backwoods or other remote area esp. from the mountains of the southern US
hillbillary 1. Neo's girlfriend and her man, bill:banana

Well, I've been told several times that if you looked up Redneck in the dictionary you'd find my picture there.:D I was told last week that I was crossed between a Redneck and a Hippie.:eek: Maybe thats a Hillbilly because that definition sounds more like me.:banana

River Runner
10-19-2006, 01:10
for instance if i think redneck i see: 500 double wide trailers with miscellaneous broken down chevy, ford and dodge trucks.
-hh

Sorry, you don't have that quite right. Only the fords and dodges are broken down. The chevy just has the motor removed for a little souping up or the rear end taken to the shop to gear it down a bit. No self respecting redneck would ever admit his chevy broke down. :D

highway
10-19-2006, 07:43
for instance if i think redneck i see...someone still referring to people from pennsylvania as yankees. also has a sticker on his or her truck that proclaims "the south shall rise again"

a hillbilly?.... someone that knows the south lost and doesn't care cause its not relevant to his life.just my thoughts.
-hh

People from Pennsylvania are yankees!

And as for us losing, sometimes I wonder if we might have done so out of politeness, knowing the Yankees were not smart enough to go it alone:D

highway
10-19-2006, 07:52
People from Pennsylvania are yankees!

And as for us losing, sometimes I wonder if we might have done so out of politeness, knowing the Yankees were not smart enough to go it alone:D

I guess all of those north of the Mason-Dixon line are really yankees, except for some southerners up there. But they are just there in an advisory capacity only:-?

Gray Blazer
10-19-2006, 08:01
I think we need to define "good ole boy". I know you can find them all over the US, north, south east and west. I don't know about Hawaii, but, I'm sure there are a few there as well.

neo
10-19-2006, 08:58
I think we need to define "good ole boy". I know you can find them all over the US, north, south east and west. I don't know about Hawaii, but, I'm sure there are a few there as well.
i thought all good ole boys are from tennessee,alabama,georgia,mississippi,lousianna, virginia,arkansa,texas,n.carolina
s.carolina,:cool: neo

SouthMark
10-19-2006, 09:31
The term "redneck" was originally coined to describe a farmer (educated or uneducated, from the South or from the North) that spent the day plowing behind a mule or horse with his head down and therefore having the back of is neck sunburned.

highway
10-19-2006, 09:32
i thought all good ole boys are from tennessee,alabama,georgia,mississippi,lousianna, virginia,arkansa,texas,n.carolina

Hey, notwithstanding all the snowbirds down here, Florida is still a southern state, and many of the displaced yankees seem to be blending in quite nicely:cool:

Gray Blazer
10-19-2006, 10:32
FL, too!! Especially North FL!

neo
10-19-2006, 10:35
Hey, notwithstanding all the snowbirds down here, Florida is still a southern state, and many of the displaced yankees seem to be blending in quite nicely:cool:

:D not apart of the csa,just wannbe's:cool: neo

Gray Blazer
10-19-2006, 10:39
:D not apart of the csa,just wannbe's:cool: neo
Not true, Fl seceeded and there was 2 battles (Olustee and Brooksville)where the yanks got more than they wanted handed to them. Yeeee Hawww!!

neo
10-19-2006, 10:57
Not true, Fl seceeded and there was 2 battles (Olustee and Brooksville)where the yanks got more than they wanted handed to them. Yeeee Hawww!!

here ya go dude:cool: neo

http://extlab7.entnem.ufl.edu/olustee/events.html

neo
10-19-2006, 10:59

how about this:cool: neo

http://americancivilwar.com/statepic/fl/fl004.html

neo
10-19-2006, 11:10

i guess i should include maryland also:cool: neo

http://www.2ndmdinfantryus.org/csunits.html

hopefulhiker
10-19-2006, 11:26
As more and more northerners move into Charlotte, NC and the surrounding region, I am witnessing the demise of some aspects of Southern culture. For instance, Southern hospitality, the art of "just visiting", the Bubba mentality, Stopping for a funeral procession, treating women in a gentlemanly fashion are all going by the wayside as this area assimilates the hoardes of northerners that are migrating south..
Southern grace and hospitality go hand in hand with just visiting.. Nowadays in Charlotte, everything is business, and time is money.. The Bubbas of the world are a dying breed, you know, the kind of person that will move your stuff with his pickup for free, These types are being replaced by a more business like, if not slightly ruder kind of being, one who does not necessarily drink sweet tea....
Not that northerners are all bad, for that matter I married a girl from Indiana. Her ancestors wore the blue uniforms, but I love her anyway....

Gray Blazer
10-19-2006, 11:32
how about this:cool: neo

http://americancivilwar.com/statepic/fl/fl004.html

Thanks!!!!!

Sly
10-19-2006, 11:55
As more and more northerners move into Charlotte, NC and the surrounding region, I am witnessing the demise of some aspects of Southern culture. For instance, Southern hospitality, the art of "just visiting", the Bubba mentality, Stopping for a funeral procession, treating women in a gentlemanly fashion are all going by the wayside as this area assimilates the hoardes of northerners that are migrating south..LOL... Please don't be so presumptuous to believe Southerners have a lock on hospitality, stop for funerals, and treat women like women. That's ridiculous. I think you've watched Gone with the Wind too many times.

What's ironic though is, the South's born again unionism or patriotism. Many have their heads up the Feds azz calling for constitutional amendments when they're states rights issues.

TN_Hiker
10-19-2006, 12:18
The term "redneck" was originally coined to describe a farmer (educated or uneducated, from the South or from the North) that spent the day plowing behind a mule or horse with his head down and therefore having the back of is neck sunburned.

I have also heard it was the dye running from their red bandannas.....

Gray Blazer
10-19-2006, 12:33
I have also heard it was the dye running from their red bandannas.....
The hippies in the 60's said they (th rednecks) had red necks because their hair was cut so short and their necks kept getting sunburned.

neo
10-19-2006, 15:18
i got a shot gun/rifle and a 4 wheel drive and a country boy can survive
we say grace and we say say mam country boy can survive:cool: neo

neo
10-19-2006, 15:24
The preacher man says it's the end of time

And the Mississippi River she's a goin' dry

The interest is up and the Stock Markets down

And you only get mugged

If you go downtown

I live back in the woods, you see

A woman and the kids, and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun rifle and a 4-wheel drive

And a country boy can survive

Country folks can survive

I can plow a field all day long

I can catch catfish from dusk till dawn

We make our own whiskey and our own smoke too

Ain't too many things these ole boys can't do

We grow good ole tomatoes and homemade wine

Because you can't stomp us out

And you cant make us run

Cause one-of- ‘em old boys raisin ole shotgun

And we say grace and we say Ma'am

And if you ain't into that we don't give a damn

We came from the West Virginia coalmines

And the Rocky Mountains and the and the western skies

And we can skin a buck; we can run a trot line

I had a good friend in New York City

He never called me by my name, just hillbilly

My grandpa taught me how to live off the land

And his taught him to be a businessman

He used to send me pictures of the Broadway nights

And I'd send him some homemade wine

But he was killed by a man with a switchblade knife

For 43 dollars my friend lost his life

Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes

And shoot him with my old 45

Cause a country boy can survive

Cause you can't stomp us out and you can't make us run

Cause one-of- ‘em old boys raisin ole shotgun

And we say grace and we say Ma'am

And if you ain't into that we don't give a damn

We're from North California and south Alabam

And little towns all around this land

:cool: neo

Frolicking Dinosaurs
10-19-2006, 16:05
What can I say except Yee-haw?

SGT Rock
10-19-2006, 16:14
Just remember not all Rednecks fought on the side of the Confederacy either. And even those that did were not always that adamant about it. COL Thomas started his legion as a way to try and get land back for the Cherokee figuring he could get them favorable treatment by the Confederacy if they helped defend North Carolina and Tennessee areas. And toward the end of the war he was arrest for courts martial by the Confederacy for harboring deserters in his unit so East Tennessee and Western NC hillbillies could stay home. That whole area was a hot bed of Unionists and caused the Confederacy lots of hell. Of course now most of the descendants in that area don't know that their ancestors were more likely to have worn a blue uniform than a gray one (or maybe both depending on the time in the war).

SouthMark
10-19-2006, 16:24
During the American Civil War, the county refused to join the Confederacy and declared itself the Republic of Winston. Today it is popularly and colloquially known as "the Free State of Winston".

leeki pole
10-19-2006, 17:34
We're from North California and south Alabam

And little towns all around this land

dern straight, neo, love it bro:cool:

RockyTrail
10-19-2006, 18:01
Just remember not all Rednecks fought on the side of the Confederacy either. And even those that did were not always that adamant about it. COL Thomas started his legion as a way to try and get land back for the Cherokee figuring he could get them favorable treatment by the Confederacy if they helped defend North Carolina and Tennessee areas. And toward the end of the war he was arrest for courts martial by the Confederacy for harboring deserters in his unit so East Tennessee and Western NC hillbillies could stay home. That whole area was a hot bed of Unionists and caused the Confederacy lots of hell. Of course now most of the descendants in that area don't know that their ancestors were more likely to have worn a blue uniform than a gray one (or maybe both depending on the time in the war).

I remember reading years ago that the western NC/east Tennessee mountain area was once going to be called the independent State of Franklin, well before the time of the Civil War. However, it was not to be in the politics of the day (maybe this is where Franklin NC got its name?)

Sly
10-19-2006, 18:08
I remember reading years ago that the western NC/east Tennessee mountain area was once going to be called the independent State of Franklin, well before the time of the Civil War. However, it was not to be in the politics of the day (maybe this is where Franklin NC got its name?)

kind of like the 51st State of Jefferson in northern CA/southern OR. There's flags and symbols all over the place out there.

http://www.jeffersonstate.com/

Paul Bunyan
10-22-2006, 20:10
I would just like to point out that not all confederate supporters are rednecks. I consider myself a rebel, but i dont have a pickup truck, or even a gun (i do have about 7-8 knives, one of which is a 9" hunting sheath knife with about 3" of bleeder blades on the back, but thats beside the point). I would just like to say that the term redneck and CSA can not be put tgether. Thank you.

:) THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN :)

quietly
10-22-2006, 21:16
Of course now most of the descendants in that area don't know that their ancestors were more likely to have worn a blue uniform than a gray one (or maybe both depending on the time in the war).

This is very true, and likely reflects insular attitudes that predated the war. Realizing that makes me laugh even harder when I'm passed by that redneck hillbilly dude with the two rebel flags stuck in the rear stake bed holes of his Chevy pickup ;)

Paul Bunyan
10-22-2006, 21:40
Oh, as a footnote, i hate Chevy. Go Ford and Dodge.:) :) :D

Frolicking Dinosaurs
10-22-2006, 22:10
My favorite truck and and camper of all of those sitting in the yard.

http://www.spiderenterprises.com/files/RedneckCamper.jpg

Pokey2006
10-23-2006, 00:51
We have our share of Bubbas in the north, believe me. Only, the southern Bubbas are smarter because it's really darn cold up here in New England. Only a really dumb Bubba would want to live up here.

Culture? Who needs culture. Culture schmulture. I'll take a Bud and a rusty ole pick-up truck over a glass of Chardonnay and a BMW any day of the week.

Pokey2006
10-23-2006, 00:52
...or a house on a rusty ole pick-up truck parked in Tennessee over a $500,000 shack in New England...

River Runner
10-23-2006, 02:15
I would just like to point out that not all confederate supporters are rednecks. I consider myself a rebel, but i dont have a pickup truck, or even a gun (i do have about 7-8 knives, one of which is a 9" hunting sheath knife with about 3" of bleeder blades on the back, but thats beside the point).

Well, although the knifes fit the image, I have to agree the lack of a pickup and gun keeps you from qualifying as a true redneck. With no pickup, how would you haul your 4-wheeler around? :-?

SGT Rock
10-23-2006, 02:16
We have our share of Bubbas in the north, believe me. Only, the southern Bubbas are smarter because it's really darn cold up here in New England. Only a really dumb Bubba would want to live up here.

Culture? Who needs culture. Culture schmulture. I'll take a Bud and a rusty ole pick-up truck over a glass of Chardonnay and a BMW any day of the week.

Reminds me of a story.

There I was...

1991 and I was an Army recruiter in Beaver Dam Wisconsin (please don't hold any of that against me, I was taken against my will). Anyhow, I was in one of my towns - Columbus, WI with a population of about 3,800. The town is a nice, small town and has a nice sized memorial for veterans of Columbus that fought in the Civil war. Not that I have anything against that, I am glad they have enough pride and respect for their ancestors to build and maintain that.

So anyways, I am at the high school, and this Bubba is getting into his pickup truck there near me in the school parking lot - about a 17 year old kid. In the back window is a Confederate flag and a gun rack. I figure this may be another southerner that has moved to the north just as I have - and I ought to be neighborly and introduce myself.

So I says "Hey man, nice truck. I noticed your flag, you from the south?"

He says, somewhat unfriendly "No, I was born and raised here."

Well I get sort of puzzled "Well then why have you got that Confederate flag in your window there?"

He says "Cause I am a rebel?"

I said "Well son, you may have noticed that big ol' monument in the middle of town for your ancestors that got killed fighting that war, don't that seem sort of particular that you would be displaying that flag?"

Then he said "It ain't about that. It is a statement. You wouldn't understand."

So even up north some of the Bubba's even display their southern pride.

Pokey2006
10-23-2006, 02:25
Let me guess, no luck convincing that kid to sign up for the Army???

Around here, we have Bubbas -- in fact, there's a town where every other guy is nicknamed "bubba," no lie -- but we do NOT have Confederate flags. Not in New England, nosiree!

Sly
10-23-2006, 02:27
I'd like to think as Americans (nsew) we're all rebels and should be constantly holding the government accountable and responsible. It's in our nature.

SGT Rock
10-23-2006, 02:29
Nope, I honestly was not a good Army recruiter though. When you said no, I usually left you alone.

Pokey2006
10-23-2006, 02:36
Ah, those southern manners! I'd rather have a southern boy with manners then a northern boy with culture. Who needs to go to the opera with a guy who won't take no for an answer when you can go see monster trucks with the dude who WILL take no for an answer?

SGT Rock
10-23-2006, 02:39
Yes, but once you see those monster trucks, I bet you are less inclined to say no. Otherwise why go?

Now a tractor pull, that is entertainment.

Pokey2006
10-23-2006, 02:46
I won't lie, I'm a s(&(*&&#!er (*&&#@!er) for a good ole country boy. Lucky for me, I found myself a good ole New Hampshire country boy. A friend of his calls him a "backwards-a*&#ss country f&*#!k" I call him cute.

And I'll go to a tractor-pull anytime. Would be good for a laugh.

neo
10-23-2006, 05:00
I won't lie, I'm a s(&(*&&#!er for a good ole country boy. Lucky for me, I found myself a good ole New Hampshire country boy. A friend of his calls him a "backwards-a*&#ss country f&*#!k" I call him cute.

i love my jeep:cool: neo

neo
10-23-2006, 05:02
I won't lie, I'm a s(&(*&&#!er for a good ole country boy. Lucky for me, I found myself a good ole New Hampshire country boy. A friend of his calls him a "backwards-a*&#ss country f&*#!k" I call him cute.

:D tractor pulls in newhampshires,heck i have that in my back yard here in nashville tennessee:cool: neo

neo
10-23-2006, 05:03
Oh, as a footnote, i hate Chevy. Go Ford and Dodge.:) :) :D

jeep's rule :cool: neo

Pokey2006
10-23-2006, 05:32
YeeeeeHaaaawwwww!WoooooHooooo!

Now THAT's culture!

Paul Bunyan
10-23-2006, 08:04
Oh neo, i have to agree, jeep rules.:)

neo
10-23-2006, 08:41
Oh neo, i have to agree, jeep rules.:)

here is a shot of my jeep
2 inch body lift
4.5 inch suspension lift
33x12:50 mudders
k & n filter
rustys off road throttle body spacer

next mod will be 8000 lb milemarker winch:cool: neo

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=13495&c=509

neo
10-23-2006, 09:06
Oh, as a footnote, i hate Chevy. Go Ford and Dodge. :D

i hate chevy's to and jeeps rule:cool: neo

http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/files/3/4/6/2/2006_0719outdoortrips0006.JPG (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=13495&original=1&c=newimages)

i love my jeep

Frolicking Dinosaurs
10-23-2006, 10:01
Neo, I hear Just Jeff may have this jeep for sell
http://www.tothewoods.net/ImagesHomemadeGear/20050729JeepHammock-01.jpg

RockyTrail
10-23-2006, 10:03
Hmmm....the Jeep and 'yak kinda resembles the hammock and tarp, don'tcha think?
But where's Hillary?:D

Pokey2006
10-23-2006, 11:40
Dudes, up here in Massachusetts, there was no civil war. We found against those nice boys down south??? No way!

Naw, up here we're still bragging about how we beat up the Brits. That was enough victory for us. We just plum forgot about beating the south!

I'm only half kidding here. Seriously, the civil war is so not even on our register up here in New England. Like it never happened.

Paul Bunyan
10-23-2006, 12:06
Well, no duh!!

Sly
10-23-2006, 12:09
... up here we're still bragging about how we beat up the Brits. That was enough victory for us. We just plum forgot about beating the south!

I'm only half kidding here. Seriously, the civil war is so not even on our register up here in New England. Like it never happened.

So true and one of the most aggravating aspects of living down south, damn yankees is heard loud and often. The Germans, and Japanese got over it quicker.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
10-23-2006, 12:14
Don't you damned Yankees realize the war isn't over yet....

RockyTrail
10-23-2006, 14:37
It's interesting how the banter over "the War" continues to this day (usually good-naturedly, at least what I've seen) but ironically the biggest promoters of post-war national unity were actually the ones who did the shooting- the Civil War veterans themselves.

After the war, until the last one died in 1959, many veterans from both sides were the best of friends and would only refer to the war as "that Late Unpleasantness". What a class act...as a native southerner, I wish we all could be so cordial to each other today.

SGT Rock
10-23-2006, 14:45
Well that is somewhat true RockyTrail. In the Appalachian mountains there was a different sort of war. Many of the people in these areas continued the fighting with each other on low simmer for years after the war ended. Just look at guys like Keith Blaylock (sp?)

1happyhiker
10-23-2006, 17:44
currently own three jeeps. 02 tj on 38s, dana 60 back/ford 9" front, arb's, custom cage, oba, etc. the 98 xj has 35s, arb's, oba, 44/30, 31/27 slp shafts, 4.56s and has been in JP three times as well as driven cross country to the pa jeep show as well as to paragon and rausch creek to wheel.

the 06 tj is bone stock, getting 4.5" re, bilsteins, 4.56, 33s and tor cage next year. thats on top of the 06 hemi ram i just got, my 02 protege turbo thats getting gutted to run scca and almost a complete cj. my dad has an 06 wk srt 8 that just got a custom flow master exhaust, blue printed 6.1 cam and headwork, dyno'd at 545 hp now. my mom has a 05 tj hardtop x on 32s thats locked and my sis has a four runner locked on 32s.

lol, the house im building, i had to ask the builder has to enlarge the opening of the garage by two feet and make the inside five foot taller. its an addiction.

-hh

neo
10-23-2006, 18:47
currently own three jeeps. 02 tj on 38s, dana 60 back/ford 9" front, arb's, custom cage, oba, etc. the 98 xj has 35s, arb's, oba, 44/30, 31/27 slp shafts, 4.56s and has been in JP three times as well as driven cross country to the pa jeep show as well as to paragon and rausch creek to wheel.

the 06 tj is bone stock, getting 4.5" re, bilsteins, 4.56, 33s and tor cage next year. thats on top of the 06 hemi ram i just got, my 02 protege turbo thats getting gutted to run scca and almost a complete cj. my dad has an 06 wk srt 8 that just got a custom flow master exhaust, blue printed 6.1 cam and headwork, dyno'd at 545 hp now. my mom has a 05 tj hardtop x on 32s thats locked and my sis has a four runner locked on 32s.

lol, the house im building, i had to ask the builder has to enlarge the opening of the garage by two feet and make the inside five foot taller. its an addiction.

-hh
:) sounds pretty awesome to me dude:cool: neo

my wife also has a 1984 4runner the 1st year,84 and 85 models have solid axles and leafs spring
she bought it a few months back,only thing i have done to it is install a 3 in body lift
neo

Paul Bunyan
10-25-2006, 08:38
I want a jeep sooooo badly, right now i have a toyota camry. ITS NOT EVEN A TRUCK.

copythat
10-27-2006, 00:08
I'd like to think as Americans (nsew) we're all rebels and should be constantly holding the government accountable and responsible. It's in our nature.

dissent is the highest form of patriotism.

thomas jefferson
(was he a rebel? i can't remember ...)

1happyhiker
10-27-2006, 00:10
duplicate post

1happyhiker
10-27-2006, 00:21
you can find a YJ pretty cheap. check the quarter panels for rust, floorboards will most likely need to be replaces but no big deal. motor - 6 cyl is great but a worn out 4 banger can be swapped really easy. you can spend a couple grand more and get a TJ (97 and up) and get an in line 6 that which is bullet proof, might get a dana 44 too. there are tons for sale all the time in va and md. ever need advise or help let me know.

oh and here is some of my stuff...
1) 05 PA Jeeps show, the 98 XJ...
2) the 06 TJ X, dana 35 (blah) but 6 cyl and 6 spd...
3) the 02 TJ (steve rated) 38s with too much stuff....
4) money pit killing the rti ramp @ tellico....
http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/files/1/0/5/8/7/DSCF0400.JPG
http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/files/1/0/5/8/7/DSCF4715.JPG

http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/files/1/0/5/8/7/crawfordscamprti05.jpg
http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/files/1/0/5/8/7/crawfordscamprti051.jpg

gotta have hobbies.

-hh

Pokey2006
10-27-2006, 00:27
Much as I love a southern dude with a jeep, pick-up trucks are even better. Warmer, too.

SGT Rock
10-27-2006, 02:57
Just get a nice 1982 Chevy truck that looks like a truck. Then you don't care if you scratch the paint of put a little dent in the bumper when cutting fire wood.

I've never understood turning trucks into luxury vehicles. You want a Cadillac, get a Cadillac. You want a truck - get a truck and use it like a truck.

RAT
10-27-2006, 03:01
Better yet, I have a 1975 1/2 ton chevy 4X4 fleetside long bed, V8, its beat all to hell, but runs like deer ! Cant beat it. I can drag multiple jeeps behind it ! Of course I have several of those too !

RAT

longshank
10-27-2006, 09:31
Don't you damned Yankees realize the war isn't over yet....
In the mean time, the North is in charge.

Paul Bunyan
10-27-2006, 09:41
What is it with everyone and chevy's? Is that like the national pickup truck brand?

neo
10-27-2006, 09:41
In the mean time, the North is in charge.

:D who says:cool: neo

Paul Bunyan
10-27-2006, 09:42
Hey happyhiker, thats what i call sweet supension there.

longshank
10-27-2006, 09:44
The Big Northern Boss Man.

SGT Rock
10-27-2006, 09:49
What is it with everyone and chevy's? Is that like the national pickup truck brand?

Naw, just happens to be what I have now. My favorite truck so far was my 1982 Ford Ranger long bed with dual tanks and a V6 motor. It was amazingly tough for it's size. And it was a beater too.

Paul Bunyan
10-27-2006, 09:49
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????

Paul Bunyan
10-27-2006, 09:51
Naw, just happens to be what I have now. My favorite truck so far was my 1982 Ford Ranger long bed with dual tanks and a V6 motor. It was amazingly tough for it's size. And it was a beater too.

Hey sarge, that's what i'm talking about. Hey, have you seen the sword thread lately? I found the perfect one for you.:) :)

SGT Rock
10-27-2006, 09:59
Naw I ain't looked at it in a while.

neo
10-29-2006, 19:27
yehaww:cool: neo

The North has coffee houses,
The South has Waffle Houses.

The North has dating services,
The South has family reunions.

The North has switchblade knives,
The South has Lee Press-on-Nails.

The North has double last names,
The South has double first names.

The North has Indy car races,
The South has stock car races.

The North has Cream of Wheat,
The South has grits.

The North has green salads,
The South has collard greens.

The North has lobsters,
The South has crawfish.

The North has the rust belt,
The South has the Bible Belt.

FOR NORTHERNERS MOVING SOUTH . . .

In the South: If you run your car into a ditch, don't panic. Four men in a four-wheel drive pickup truck with a tow chain will be along shortly. Don't try to help them, just stay out of their way. This is what they live for.

Don't be surprised to find movie rentals and bait in the same store. Do NOT buy food at this store.

Remember, "y'all" is singular, "all y'all" is plural, and "all y'all's" is plural possessive.

Get used to hearing "You ain't from round here, are ya?"

Save all manner of bacon grease. You will be instructed later on how to use it.

Don't be worried at not understanding what people are saying. They can't understand you either. The first Southern statement to creep into a transplanted Northerner's vocabulary is the adjective "big'ol," truck or big'ol" boy. Most Northerners begin their Southern-influenced dialect this way. All of them are in denial about it.

The proper pronunciation you learned in school is no longer proper.

Be advised that "He needed killin" is a valid defense here.

If you hear a Southerner exclaim, "Hey, y'all, watch this!" You should stay out of the way. These are likely to be the last words he'll ever say.

If there is the prediction of the slightest chance of even the smallest accumulation of snow, your presence is required at the local grocery store. It doesn't matter whether you need anything or not. You just have to go there.

Do not be surprised to find that 10-year olds own their own shotguns, they are proficient marksmen, and their mama's taught them how to aim.

In the South, we have found that the best way to grow a lush green lawn is to pour gravel on it and call it a driveway.

AND REMEMBER: If you do settle in the South and bear children, don't think we will accept them as Southerners. After all, if the cat had kittens in the oven, we wouldn't call 'em biscuits.

Send this to four people that ain't related to you, and I reckon your life will turn into a country music song 'fore you know it.

Your kin would get a kick out of it too

Jack Tarlin
10-29-2006, 19:35
Geez, whatta no brainer.

OF COURSE rednecks are more cultured. All of 'em.

After all, back in Boston where I'm from, you don't get Christamas cards like this!

http://academic.evergreen.edu/g/glaani05/mullet%20family.jpg

Sly
10-29-2006, 19:45
FOR NORTHERNERS MOVING SOUTH . .

And the Northener's answer is, "No **** Sherlock!" :p

Pokey2006
10-30-2006, 03:43
Man, I haven't laughed this hard in sooooo long, between Neo and Jack....

But, oh, you southerners don't have a lock on the "family reunion" thing. There's a town in NH where everyone is related to everyone else -- there's only three last names in the whole town. You're either an Eaton, a Brown or an, um, Eaton. Big jokes about your aunt also being your sister, and your wife also being your sister, and, well, it gets pretty confusing.

A few years ago, I talked to one woman whose ancestors had been accidentally dug up from the cemetery during a highway project. These ancestors had only died a couple of generations ago. She suggested I talk to her husband, who was also related to these dead ancestors. She saw nothing at all wrong with that.

Heard a lot of these Eatons and Browns are related to some folks who settled down there in Tennessee...

Paul Bunyan
10-30-2006, 22:31

The North has coffee houses,
The South has Waffle Houses.

The North has dating services,
The South has family reunions.

The North has switchblade knives,
The South has Lee Press-on-Nails.

The North has double last names,
The South has double first names.

The North has Indy car races,
The South has stock car races.

The North has Cream of Wheat,
The South has grits.

The North has green salads,
The South has collard greens.

The North has lobsters,
The South has crawfish.

The North has the rust belt,
The South has the Bible Belt.

FOR NORTHERNERS MOVING SOUTH . . .

In the South: If you run your car into a ditch, don't panic. Four men in a four-wheel drive pickup truck with a tow chain will be along shortly. Don't try to help them, just stay out of their way. This is what they live for.

Don't be surprised to find movie rentals and bait in the same store. Do NOT buy food at this store.

Remember, "y'all" is singular, "all y'all" is plural, and "all y'all's" is plural possessive.

Save all manner of bacon grease. You will be instructed later on how to use it.

Don't be worried at not understanding what people are saying. They can't understand you either. The first Southern statement to creep into a transplanted Northerner's vocabulary is the adjective "big'ol," truck or big'ol" boy. Most Northerners begin their Southern-influenced dialect this way. All of them are in denial about it.

The proper pronunciation you learned in school is no longer proper.

Be advised that "He needed killin" is a valid defense here.

If you hear a Southerner exclaim, "Hey, y'all, watch this!" You should stay out of the way. These are likely to be the last words he'll ever say.

If there is the prediction of the slightest chance of even the smallest accumulation of snow, your presence is required at the local grocery store. It doesn't matter whether you need anything or not. You just have to go there.

Do not be surprised to find that 10-year olds own their own shotguns, they are proficient marksmen, and their mama's taught them how to aim.

In the South, we have found that the best way to grow a lush green lawn is to pour gravel on it and call it a driveway.

AND REMEMBER: If you do settle in the South and bear children, don't think we will accept them as Southerners. After all, if the cat had kittens in the oven, we wouldn't call 'em biscuits.

Send this to four people that ain't related to you, and I reckon your life will turn into a country music song 'fore you know it.

Your kin would get a kick out of it too

I have to say neo, that is some of the true'st statements i have heard about the south. The one problem i have is, where does the rebel flag fit in to this? I see nothing about southern heritage or else. But really, that is some funny stuff. Unfortunately, it only applies to rednecks. But we rebels still say "Hey ya'll, watch this!!!" :) :D

neo
10-30-2006, 22:37
I have to say neo, that is some of the true'st statements i have heard about the south. The one problem i have is, where does the rebel flag fit in to this? I see nothing about southern heritage or else. But really, that is some funny stuff. Unfortunately, it only applies to rednecks. But we rebels still say "Hey ya'll, watch this!!!" :) :D

:D i have a rebel flag tatooed on my right forearm:cool: neo

Paul Bunyan
10-30-2006, 22:46
:D i have a rebel flag tatooed on my right forearm:cool: neo

Take a pic, lets see it.:D

Pokey2006
10-30-2006, 22:51
Oh, I am agreeing -- this see this scary tat of yours, Neo!

And, Neo, I am sooooo disappointed! Here I was thinking you were the perfect manly man....

neo
10-30-2006, 23:10

And, Neo, I am sooooo disappointed! Here I was thinking you were the perfect manly man....
:) i think i am in love:cool: neo

neo
10-30-2006, 23:12

:) here ya go sweetie:cool: neo

http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/files/3/4/6/2/2005_0515stonedoormaylori0043-med.jpg (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=7136&original=1&c=member&imageuser=3462)

neo
10-30-2006, 23:17
Take a pic, lets see it.:D

:D here ya go dude:cool: neo

http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/files/3/4/6/2/my_picturesneoneoneo1111110001-med.jpg

Pokey2006
10-30-2006, 23:21
Be afraid. Be very, very afraid.

Now THAT's culture.

ed bell
10-30-2006, 23:24
I've never met him, but across the board I have heard nothing but good things about Neo.:cool::sun Hike on Neo.

neo
10-30-2006, 23:27
I've never met him, but across the board I have heard nothing but good things about Neo.:cool::sun Hike on Neo.
thanks ed:cool: neo

Pokey2006
10-30-2006, 23:28
Though I'm still trying to decide whether we should embrace the little skinny Neo or the beefy, don't mess with me Neo. They're both very rednecky and cultured, so it's a toss up.

Pokey2006
10-30-2006, 23:29
Actually,t hat would be skinny don't mess with me Neo and the loveable beefy Neo. Hmmm.

neo
10-30-2006, 23:30
Though I'm still trying to decide whether we should embrace the little skinny Neo or the beefy, don't mess with me Neo. They're both very rednecky and cultured, so it's a toss up.

:) i bet you have sexy accent,i love they way women from mass sound:cool: neo

now thats culture

Pokey2006
10-30-2006, 23:34
Then you're even weirder than I thought!

Only have the accent when I'm drunk. Which I'm working on now.

neo
10-30-2006, 23:35
Then you're even weirder than I thought!

Only have the accent when I'm drunk. Which I'm working on now.

:D if i am wierd i hope you like wierd thats all that matters to me:cool: neo

Pokey2006
10-30-2006, 23:40
Dude, I love weird! I would have to, seeing as I'm pretty darn weird myself.

SGT Rock
10-31-2006, 04:19
Pokey, you sound like the perfect redneck woman.

Ewker
10-31-2006, 10:15
Dude, I love weird! I would have to, seeing as I'm pretty darn weird myself.

must say I agree with that. But your to northern :eek: to be a redneck

neo
10-31-2006, 10:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokey2006 http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?p=263662#post263662)
Dude, I love weird! I would have to, seeing as I'm pretty darn weird myself

must say I agree with that. But your to northern :eek: to be a redneck

:) pokey is the coolest yankee redneck hiker babe in the world:cool: neo

Paul Bunyan
10-31-2006, 11:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokey2006 http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?p=263662#post263662)
Dude, I love weird! I would have to, seeing as I'm pretty darn weird myself

:) pokey is the coolest yankee redneck hiker babe in the world:cool: neo

Is'nt that kind of a oxymoron? I mean a Yankee redneck?

SGT Rock
10-31-2006, 11:09
Not really. In my experience Redneck is a state of mind, not a geographical origin.

1happyhiker
10-31-2006, 11:13
dunno, ive been to vt and maine. there are for sure rednecks up there. stop at a diner or gas station on 95 north. rednecks with a canadian flair..."woood ya like the pancakes there?" "you waant syrup there with those?"

-hh

RockyTrail
10-31-2006, 12:04

They can't understand you either. The first Southern statement to creep into a transplanted Northerner's vocabulary is the adjective "big'ol," truck or big'ol" boy. Most Northerners begin their Southern-influenced dialect this way. All of them are in denial about it.

(ROLLING ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Neo, now that's the funniest thing I've heard all week ..."All of them are in denial over it" (knee slap!, bent over laughing) hee hee:D

Overheard in a diner in Georgia:
"Grits? No thank you, I would like to order a BIG'ol bowl of Cream of Wheat" :D

neo
10-31-2006, 16:19
i love this song by alabama:cool: neo

Rollin down a backwoods tennessee byway, one arm on the wheel, holdin my
Lover with the other: a sweet, soft, Massachusetts thrill.
Worked hard all week; got a little jingle on a tennessee saturday night.
Couldnt feel better: Im together with my dixieland Massachusetts delight.

Chorus:
Spend my dollar; parked in a holler neath the mountain moonlight; hold her
Uptight; make a little lovin, a little turtle dovin on a mason dixon night.
Fits my life, oh, so right: my dixieland Massachusetts delight.

Whitetail buck deer munchin on clover, redtail hawk settin on a limb, a
Chubby old groundhog, croakin bullfrog, free as the feelin in the wind.
Home grown Massachusetts country girl gonna give me a whirl on a tennessee saturday night.
Lucky as a seven livin in heaven with my dixieland Massachusetts delight.

now thats culture:cool: neo

leeki pole
10-31-2006, 17:01
or how 'bout this one neo:

"be proud you're a Rebel 'cause the South's gonna do it again"

CDB

leeki (Ole Miss '81) :)

Ewker
10-31-2006, 17:25

who is alabama, never heard of them

Dancer
10-31-2006, 17:40
Southerners aren't the only ones that say "You ain't from around here, are you?". I moved from NC to PA for approximately 7 months. I worked at an employment agency and talked to people on the phone all day. At least 12 times a day I got "you're not from here, are you?" I'd smile to myself and answer "No, I'm a transplant from North Carolina."

I found that the men in PA loved my accent and the women treated me like I was stupid and talked to me realll slow while looking down their noses. Well I'm smarter than the average bear and finally decided to come home where I don't have to answer that question and strangers at the store say "you're Allen's daughter, ain't ya? Is he still farmin'?"

I did bring one bad habit back from PA. I catch myself asking...
"You goin' to the store then?"

Amazonwoman (raised in the shade at the end of the tobacco patch rows and proud of it!)

sherrill
10-31-2006, 17:56
I worked in Buffalo for about a year and got funny looks back in NC when I gave directions and would say "take the 40 to the 64.."

c.coyle
10-31-2006, 17:56
I did bring one bad habit back from PA. I catch myself asking...
"You goin' to the store then?"

Amazonwoman (raised in the shade at the end of the tobacco patch rows and proud of it!)

I'm curious. Where in Pa. did you / yooz / yuns / yinz live? In the coal region, it would be "Yooz goin' to da store den?" In Western Pa., it'd be "Yuns* goin' to the store then?" On the south side of Pittsburgh, it'd be "Yinz goin' to the store then?"

* "yuns" does not rhyme with buns. It's kind of a long "u", that rhymes with no other word I can think of.

P.S. Sorry some of my fellow Pennsylvanians weren't real friendly. People in Pa. Dutch Country and the Phila. area aren't immediatley open to auslanders. Coal Region and Western Pa. folks are much more like southerners.

Dancer
10-31-2006, 18:02
York PA, but I never did pick up the Yuns or Yins. It is just strange for me to say you instead of 'y'all' and goin' as one syllable instead of the customary two and adding the then. I still get strange looks.

I also still drive like I'm in PA. If you are from PA you know what I'm talking about. In NC you move out of the right lane to let cars merge, in PA you speed up and see if they have the balls to merge before the merge lane turns into an exit! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

c.coyle
10-31-2006, 18:17
York PA, but I never did pick up the Yuns or Yins. It is just strange for me to say you instead of 'y'all' and goin' as one syllable instead of the customary two and adding the then. I still get strange looks.

I've always considered York an ever-so-slightly southern town. Pretty close to the M-D line. Edit: And York has some Pa. Dutch, which explains the women looking down their noses at you!

I also still drive like I'm in PA. If you are from PA you know what I'm talking about. In NC you move out of the right lane to let cars merge, in PA you speed up and see if they have the balls to merge before the merge lane turns into an exit! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And traffic lights are just for decoration.

neo
10-31-2006, 18:41

Rollin down a backwoods tennessee byway, one arm on the wheel, holdin my
Lover with the other: a sweet, soft, Massachusetts thrill.
Worked hard all week; got a little jingle on a tennessee saturday night.
Couldnt feel better: Im together with my dixieland Massachusetts delight.

Chorus:
Spend my dollar; parked in a holler neath the mountain moonlight; hold her
Uptight; make a little lovin, a little turtle dovin on a mason dixon night.
Fits my life, oh, so right: my dixieland Massachusetts delight.

Whitetail buck deer munchin on clover, redtail hawk settin on a limb, a
Chubby old groundhog, croakin bullfrog, free as the feelin in the wind.
Home grown Massachusetts country girl gonna give me a whirl on a tennessee saturday night.
Lucky as a seven livin in heaven with my dixieland Massachusetts delight.

now thats culture:cool: neo

:) i dedicate this song to pokey:cool: neo

neo
10-31-2006, 18:44
:) how about this one:cool: neo

Rednecks Lyrics

What this world needs is a few more rednecks
Some people ain’t afraid to take a stand
What this world needs is a little more respect
For the Lord and the law and the workin’ man
We could use a little peace and satisfaction
Some good people up front to take the lead
A little less talk and a little more action
And a few more rednecks is what we need
I was raised on beans and cornbread
And I like my chicken fried
Yes, I drive a pickup truck
And I’m full of American pride
I keep a Bible on my table
I got a flag out on my lawn
And I don’t believe in mindin’
No one’s business but my own
And I love them Rambo movies
I think they make a lot of sense
And it’s a shame ole John Wayne
Didn’t live to run for president

And I don’t care what nobody says
I don’t trust ole Gorbachev
And I don’t know who turned him on
But it’s time to turn him off
Now they’re tryin’ to take my guns away
And that would be just fine
If you take ‘em away from the criminals first
I’ll gladly give ya mine
And I don’t mind payin’ taxes
But it makes my temper itch
When my hard earned money goes
To make some politician rich
What most people call a redneck
Ain’t nothin’ but a workin’ man
And he makes his livin’
By the sweat of his brow
And the calluses on his hands
Now you intellectuals may not like it
But there ain’t nothin’ that you can do
Cause there’s a whole lot more of us common-folks
Then there ever will be of you
That’s what we need

neo
10-31-2006, 18:46
or how 'bout this one neo:

"be proud you're a Rebel 'cause the South's gonna do it again"

CDB

leeki (Ole Miss '81) :)

:) here ya go:cool: neo

- The Souths Gonna Do It Again Lyrics

Well the train’s a-grindin’ switches - runnin’ right on time
And the Tucker boys are cookin’ down in Caroline
People down in Florida can’t be still
When Ol’ Lynyrd Skynyrd’s pickin’ down in Jacksonville
People down in Georgia come from near and far
To hear Richard Betts pickin’ on that red guitar
So gather ‘round...
Gather ‘round, children; get down.
Well, just get down, children; get loud.
Well, you can be loud here and be proud.
And you can be proud here. Now be proud you’re a Rebel
‘Cause the South’s gonna do it again...
And again.

Elvin Bishop’s settin’ on a bale of hay;
He ain’t good lookin’, but he sure can play.
And there’s ZZ Top, and, you can’t forget
That ol’ brother Bill’s gettin’ soakin’ wet.
And all the good people down in Tennessee
Are diggin’ Barefoot Jerry and the C.D.B..
Gather ‘round...
Well, you can get down, children; get loud.
Well, you can get loud here and be proud.
And you can be proud here. Be proud you’re a Rebel
Yes, it is.

Bloodroot
10-31-2006, 18:57
Don't know if many of you have lived in Texas.....but your a Yank if you live above the Red River.

neo
10-31-2006, 19:02
rebel yell
billy idol:cool: neo

Last night a little dancer came dancin' to my door
Last night a little angel Came pumpin cross my floor
She said "Come on baby I got a licence for love
And if it expires pray help from above"

In the midnight hour she cried- "more, more, more"
With a rebel yell she cried- "more, more, more"
In the midniight hour babe- "more, more, more"
With a rebel yell- "more, more, more"
More, more, more.

She don't like slavery, she won't sit and beg
But when I'm tired and lonely she sees me to bed
What set you free and brought you to be me babe
What set you free I need you hear by me
Because

With a rebel yell- "more, more, more"

He lives in his own heaven
Collects it to go from the seven eleven
Well he's out all night to collect a fare
Just so long, just so long it don't mess up his hair.

I walked the ward with you, babe
A thousand miles with you
I dried your tears of pain, babe
A million times for you

I'd sell my soul for you babe
For money to burn with you
I'd give you all, and have none, babe
Just, just, justa, justa to have you here by me
Because

With a rebel yell she cried "more, more, more"
More, more, more.

Oh yeah little baby
she want more
More, more, more, more, more.

Oh yeah little baby
she want more
More, more, more, more.

Paul Bunyan
11-01-2006, 00:10
:) here ya go:cool: neo

- The Souths Gonna Do It Again Lyrics

Well the train’s a-grindin’ switches - runnin’ right on time
And the Tucker boys are cookin’ down in Caroline
People down in Florida can’t be still
When Ol’ Lynyrd Skynyrd’s pickin’ down in Jacksonville
People down in Georgia come from near and far
To hear Richard Betts pickin’ on that red guitar
So gather ‘round...
Well, just get down, children; get loud.
Well, you can be loud here and be proud.
And you can be proud here. Now be proud you’re a Rebel
And again.

Elvin Bishop’s settin’ on a bale of hay;
He ain’t good lookin’, but he sure can play.
And there’s ZZ Top, and, you can’t forget
That ol’ brother Bill’s gettin’ soakin’ wet.
And all the good people down in Tennessee
Are diggin’ Barefoot Jerry and the C.D.B..
Gather ‘round...
Well, you can get down, children; get loud.
Well, you can get loud here and be proud.
And you can be proud here. Be proud you’re a Rebel
Yes, it is.

You know what's really funny, i have this song on my mp3 player. I love charlie daniels.:D

Paul Bunyan
11-01-2006, 00:12
Anyone got the lyrics to Redneck Yaht Club?

Gray Blazer
11-01-2006, 08:27
If you're reading this thread.......you might be a redneck.:D

Dancer
11-01-2006, 10:20
And traffic lights are just for decoration.[/quote]

And the grassy shoulder of the road is the unofficial passing/turning lane:eek:

neo
11-01-2006, 14:10
Guitars, Cadillacs and hillbilly music

(D. Yoakam)
Girl you taught me how to hurt real bad and cry myself to sleep
You showed me how this town can shatter dreams
Another lesson about a naive fool that came to Babylon
And found out that the pie don't taste so sweet
Chorus:
Now it's guitars, Cadillacs and hillbilly music
And lonely, lonely streets that I call home
Yeah my guitars, Cadillacs and hillbilly music
Is the only thing that keeps me hanging on
There ain't no glamor in this tinseled land of lost and wasted lives
And painful scars are all that's left of me
But thank you girl for teaching me brand new ways to be cruel
And if I can find my mind now, I guess I'll just leave
Chorus:
And it's guitars, Cadillacs and hillbilly music
And lonely, lonely streets that I call home
Yeah my guitars, Cadillacs and hillbilly music
Is the only thing that keeps me hanging on
It's the only thing that keeps me hanging on
It's the only thing that keeps me hanging on

Gray Blazer
11-01-2006, 14:36
Paul Bunyan, I believe that should read Ol' brother willie's gettin soakin' wet as in Wet Willie. Maybe I shoudn't have gone there. Too late.

leeki pole
11-01-2006, 18:07
for neo :cool:

Abraham Lincoln's favorite song, played at his inauguration

Dixie

Oh, I wish I was in the land of cotton
Old times there are not forgotten
Look away! Look away! Look away, Dixieland!

In Dixieland where I was born in
Early on one frosty mornin'

I wish I was in Dixie, hooray! Away!
In Dixieland I'll take my stand
To live and die in Dixie
Away, away, away down South in Dixie.
Away, away, away down South in Dixie!

leeki :sun

neo
11-01-2006, 22:26
for neo :cool:

Dixie

In Dixieland where I was born in
Early on one frosty mornin'

I wish I was in Dixie, hooray! Away!
In Dixieland I'll take my stand
To live and die in Dixie
Away, away, away down South in Dixie.
Away, away, away down South in Dixie!

leeki :sun
:D hell yes:cool: neo

Frolicking Dinosaurs
11-01-2006, 22:49
Anyone got the lyrics to Redneck Yaht Club?I'm meetin' my buddies out on the lake:
We're headed out to a special place we love,
That just a few folks know.
There's no signin' up, no monthly dues
Take your Johnson, your Mercury or your Evinrude an' fire it up:
Meet us out at party cove.
Come on in' the waters fine,
Just idle on over an' toss us a line.

Bass-trackers, Bayliners and a party barge,
Strung together like a floating trailer park,
Anchored out and gettin' loud all summer long.
Side by side, there's five houseboat front porches,
Astroturf, lawn chairs and tiki torches.
Regular Joes rocking the boat, that's us:
The Redneck Yacht Club.

Bermuda's, flip-flops and a tank-top tan:
He popped his first top at ten a.m.: that's Bob,
He's our president.
We're checkin' out the girls on the upper deck,
Rubbin' in 15 SPF, its hot:
Everybody's jumpin' in.
Later on when the sun goes down,
We'll pull out the jar and that old guitar,
An' pass'em around.

The Redneck Yacht Club.

when the party's over and we're all alone
well be making waves in a no wake zone
The Redneck Yacht Club.

Paul Bunyan
11-02-2006, 17:11
I think your's missing the end,

Frolicking Dinosaurs
11-02-2006, 17:31
I think your's missing the end,I d believe you're right - it's fixed now.

longshank
11-04-2006, 09:32
(are rednecks more cutured )[/quote]than the rest of society??? They have got their priorities straight.

Bassfishing, Nascar, etc.....[/quote]

Are you kidding!?:confused:

Paul Bunyan
11-09-2006, 23:15
No. He's not. At least i hope he isn't.

Rain Man
11-10-2006, 14:10

Dixie

Don't know about the Lincoln part, but if I'm not mistaken, "Dixie" was composed and first performed in Harlem, New York City!

Lincoln was not a one-dimensional President. :)

Paul Bunyan
11-10-2006, 22:50
Don't know about the Lincoln part, but if I'm not mistaken, "Dixie" was composed and first performed in Harlem, New York City!

Lincoln was not a one-dimensional President. :)

I remebered learning that lincol himself said that Dixie was a fine old song, and that is was his favoutrite.:)

tha
11-11-2006, 18:48
(are rednecks more cutured )than the rest of society??? They have got their priorities straight.

Bassfishing, Nascar, etc.....[/quote]

Are you kidding!?:confused:[/quote]

Well, as soon as I get shed a' 2-3 of these dadgummed refrigerators on my front porch, I's a gettin' me a brand new pianner. Maybe even on that'll play hisseff.

tha

Nightwalker
11-13-2006, 07:10
i always thought that hillbillies were move civilized than rednecks.

-hh

Easy way to tell the difference: A redneck will insult your momma to your face. A hillbilly will whoop you for doin' that. :sun

kyhipo
11-13-2006, 08:21
rednecks are everywhere!:eek: but, hillbillies despise being called rednecks,besides we like bluegrass more.ky:D

neo
11-13-2006, 09:56
:D i am a redneck that has the hot's for hillary:cool: neo

Lone Wolf
11-13-2006, 10:00
www.stangbangers.com/Rednecks.jpg

neo
11-13-2006, 10:51
www.stangbangers.com/Rednecks.jpg (http://www.stangbangers.com/Rednecks.jpg)
:D but lw has the hot's for janet reno:rolleyes:

Nightwalker
11-13-2006, 11:54
www.stangbangers.com/Rednecks.jpg

Speaking of Earl and Junior, have you ever seen "A Lone Star State of Mind?" Them is some funny, dumb MoFos.

Teatime
11-23-2006, 08:06
As a former reeanactor of the War for Southern Independance when I lived in Warner-Robins, GA., I can honestly say that chivalry is still alive. The men I reenacted with were all locals and were all well mannered and typical southern gentlemen (at least in the presence of ladies). As an outsider who was stationed there in the USAF, they were completely open to me and treated me like a brother. My wife is Korean and they also treated here like one of the family. These men were and are the salt of the earth. God bless 'em! Men of the 16th Ga. Vol. Inf., I salute you!
BTW, I witnessed cars pulling over and stopping when a funeral procession goes by, so yes, it still happens.
A funny story:
My wife and I were driving on the Interstate between Macon and Atlanta and I was telling here the various racial slurs common in the South. I told her poor whites were called "Crackers". A few minutes later a beat up old car went by with some "Crackers" in it. She said to me, "Look honey, Biscuits." I laughed so hard I almost had an accident. She has since learned the difference between Biscuits and Crackers.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
11-23-2006, 09:21
Not pulling over for a funeral procession here is liable to have the family giving you the one-finger salute as you drive by... the only exception is Highway 129 (officially Alcoa Hwy, but more commonly called 'I'll kill ya Hwy') where pulling over would get you killed. Even there, the other cars slow down and are careful not to disrupt the orderly procession (they only cut in if they have to exit and many opt to just turn around to get to their desination rather than cut into a funeral procession)

Paul Bunyan
11-23-2006, 09:30
As a former reeanactor of the War for Southern Independance when I lived in Warner-Robins, GA., I can honestly say that chivalry is still alive. The men I reenacted with were all locals and were all well mannered and typical southern gentlemen (at least in the presence of ladies). As an outsider who was stationed there in the USAF, they were completely open to me and treated me like a brother. My wife is Korean and they also treated here like one of the family. These men were and are the salt of the earth. God bless 'em! Men of the 16th Ga. Vol. Inf., I salute you!
BTW, I witnessed cars pulling over and stopping when a funeral procession goes by, so yes, it still happens.
A funny story:
My wife and I were driving on the Interstate between Macon and Atlanta and I was telling here the various racial slurs common in the South. I told her poor whites were called "Crackers". A few minutes later a beat up old car went by with some "Crackers" in it. She said to me, "Look honey, Biscuits." I laughed so hard I almost had an accident. She has since learned the difference between Biscuits and Crackers.

Southern Indepemdence,:-? hmm, i always called the war of Nothern Aggression but that'll work.:D

Teatime
11-24-2006, 14:52
Southern Indepemdence,:-? hmm, i always called the war of Nothern Aggression but that'll work.:D
Yep, we called it that too. I too am a Virginian, presently residing in North Carolina.
Okay, want to talk about how good us Rebs can hike, just check out Jacksons "foot cavalry". This force of about 17,000 men marched 646 miles in 48 days and won 5 major engagements against a combined total of around 60,000 Yankees. :banana

leeki pole
11-24-2006, 15:11
Yep, we called it that too. I too am a Virginian, presently residing in North Carolina.
Okay, want to talk about how good us Rebs can hike, just check out Jacksons "foot cavalry". This force of about 17,000 men marched 646 miles in 48 days and won 5 major engagements against a combined total of around 60,000 Yankees. :banana
Ditto. I visited the National Battlefield last weekend at Brice's Crossroads where General Nathan Bedford Forrest routed the Federals outnumbered three to one. Chased them halfway across the state. One of the best tactical Generals ever, in any army.

Paul Bunyan
11-24-2006, 21:21
Yes siree, thats stonewall Jackson for ya. Personally, i believe the South could have won Gettysburg, and thus the war, if he had survived.

REBELYELL
12-14-2006, 12:07
Heritage not hate!

neo
02-02-2007, 09:17
:D happiness is being a hammock hanging redneck:cool: neo

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-02-2007, 09:19
Yeh-haw -- just needed to get that out and this seemed to be the most appropriate thread.

neighbor dave
02-02-2007, 09:52
than the rest of society??? They have got their priorities straight.

Bassfishing, Nascar, etc.....

nascar stands for; non athletic sport centered around rednecks

rednecks are like flies
they eat $hit and bother people

Mountain Man
02-02-2007, 11:12

rednecks are like flies

Easy now. You "can" say too much.

Lone Wolf
02-02-2007, 11:15

rednecks are like flies

you know why rednecks do it doggie style?

so they both can watch nascar

Fannypack
02-02-2007, 11:20
you know why rednecks do it doggie style?
so they both can watch nascar

can we see the .mpg from Daytona w/e or just let us listen to the .wav?
(u have time to be prepared, we will be waiting for the "work" product)

Gray Blazer
02-02-2007, 12:03
Yeh-haw -- just needed to get that out and this seemed to be the most appropriate thread.
Ya'll r gonna be yehawin' if your man Peyton wins the superbowl. BTW, he can beat a bunch of former gators at the same time.

Groucho
02-02-2007, 14:10
Yes siree, thats stonewall Jackson for ya. Personally, i believe the South could have won Gettysburg, and thus the war, if he had survived.

Naw, they had thousands upon thousands more Irish in reserve; you could buy one for $500.00. Might have taken a lot of pressure off the Western Indians though.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-02-2007, 14:15
Ya'll r gonna be yehawin' if your man Peyton wins the superbowl. BTW, he can beat a bunch of former gators at the same time.I'd love to have some 'gator tail and make that animal cough back up our beloved Smokey the hound. The 'gator has eaten our hound the past two years.

Footslogger
02-02-2007, 14:23
Someone sent this to me today. Thought it was relevant to this thread:

====================================

The Pentagon announced TODAY the formation of
a new 500-man elite fighting unit called the
United States Redneck Special Forces (USRSF).

These Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, West Virginia,
Missouri, Oklahoma, Tennessee, and Texas boys will be
dropped off into Iraq and have been given only the
following facts about terrorists:

1. The season opened today.

2. There is no limit.

3. They taste just like chicken

4.They don't like beer.

5. They don't like pickup trucks

6. They despise country music

7. They don't love Jesus

8. They are directly responsible for the death of Dale
Earnhardt.

The Pentagon expects the problem in Iraq to be over by Friday.

Gray Blazer
02-02-2007, 15:03
I'd love to have some 'gator tail and make that animal cough back up our beloved Smokey the hound. The 'gator has eaten our hound the past two years.Enjoy the game. I'll post to you on Monday.

Paul Bunyan
02-05-2007, 23:48
Someone sent this to me today. Thought it was relevant to this thread:

====================================

The Pentagon announced TODAY the formation of
a new 500-man elite fighting unit called the
United States Redneck Special Forces (USRSF).

These Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, West Virginia,
Missouri, Oklahoma, Tennessee, and Texas boys will be
dropped off into Iraq and have been given only the
following facts about terrorists:

1. The season opened today.

2. There is no limit.

3. They taste just like chicken

4.They don't like beer.

5. They don't like pickup trucks

6. They despise country music

7. They don't love Jesus

8. They are directly responsible for the death of Dale
Earnhardt.

The Pentagon expects the problem in Iraq to be over by Friday.

Friday?:confused: It wont take em that long.;)

If the USRSF needs a slogan, i have the perfeect one.

Suus Acquiro Perfecto.

Loosely translated: Get 'er Done.!!!!

neo
02-06-2007, 01:06
:D go get a goo goo there good:cool: neo

Gray Blazer
02-06-2007, 08:40
I'd love to have some 'gator tail and make that animal cough back up our beloved Smokey the hound. The 'gator has eaten our hound the past two years.
Que Tal, ya'll. You have to be feelin' better about your volunteers after Peyton's big super win.:sun

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-06-2007, 09:12
I was thrilled to see Peyton win. He is a fine man as well as a great athlete.