PDA

View Full Version : laptop computer needed

weathercarrot
10-18-2006, 21:36
Hi –

I know this will sound a bit unusual, but I figure it doesn’t hurt to ask.

It looks like I’m going to be doing the DVD for the PCT class of 2003. It was a combination of being asked by several members of that season’s group last weekend at the Gathering, and offering to do it because I was craving another artistic experience with a PCT video. Currently I’m at Blackburn Trail Center doing stone work and have very limited computer access here – just basic dail-up e-mail about once a day, but no ability to sort through several thousand photos and hours of video footage.

Does anyone out there have a currently-not-being-used laptop that could be temporarily donated specifically for this project until April? It would simply be to sort through photos and video and burn the selected ones onto a CD or DVD. None of the final editing would take place on it, so there would be no need for a computer with lots of expensive bells and whistles. The most important thing would be that it has a CD or DVD burner, Windows XP, quicktime player, and atleast 30 or 40 gigs of free space. Wireless internet capability would be nice (easier to transfer some files), but not required.

Unfortunately, this part of the project is pretty time sensitive, so if anyone is willing to do this, it would be good for it to be within the next few weeks. Let me know what you have, and I’ll e-mail an address if it sounds like it’ll work. I’ll be without e-mail access from midday Thursday (tomorrow) to midday Monday. Otherwise access should be daily. Feel free to respond directly to my e-mail address in case I'm unable to go onto Whiteblaze that often. Thanks very much!