PDA

View Full Version : Farm Party Tonight

Tha Wookie
10-20-2006, 08:57
Ok, so I know this is extremely short notice, but here' goes:

We are throwing an all-out hoedown party tonight at the Roots Farm here right outside of Athens, GA.

The party is free, but is a benefit for the Dogwood Alliance. I guess they are taking donations at their booth, and they are doing a little talk for 15 minutes.

There will be Roots homebrew, camping space, and killer live music, courtesy of Grogus, the award-winning Athens salsa/world music troop. www.grogus.net

You can get directions and more at our oh-so-fancy website http://www.grogus.net/mp3.html

I know of at least 6 thru-hikers coming already.

I thought I'd invite the rest. This calls for a dancing bananna.

the goat
10-20-2006, 09:14
dude, that sounds like a great time. sucks that i gotta work & ya'll are 10 hours away from me. this calls for an angry face :mad: . hopefully next time. have fun wook!

Two Speed
10-20-2006, 09:19
Gonna have to second the angry face. :mad:

But what the heck, have a good time and tilt one for me.

Jack Tarlin
10-20-2006, 15:02
Wook:

I just checked out the website at www.dogwoodalliance.org

They sure seem to be a worthy organization.

Have a great evening!

Buckles
10-20-2006, 15:53
Wookie,

Thanks for the invite, but too short of notice! Grogus rocks (can you say "rocks" about a salsa band?)! I would have liked to bring "S." up to the farm for this, but we've made plans for the evening with others. Rats!

Have a blast!

Tha Wookie
10-20-2006, 19:10
whoops!

I meant to put our web address: www.rootsfarm.org

But the party has already started.

later!

RAT
10-21-2006, 00:18
So I missed another party ? dang, and Athens is such a nice place, partying college like town with lotsa bars !. My dad went to Clemson near there I think many moons ago. Hope your fest goes well and ya raise lotsa cabbage as that is a very worthy cause indeed. Salsa band, now there`s a twist , could do the conga line to that stuff ;)

HAIRNT !

RAT

bfitz
10-21-2006, 01:21
Can't wait to get my teleport machine...

Lone Wolf
10-21-2006, 08:13
One day Wook I'll make it your way. Check out the farm and all. Last night the band Marsupial played in Damascus. They are awesome! These cats can jam. So what did we miss in Athens?

StarLyte
10-21-2006, 08:17
I would have loved to have been in driving distance. Yes, what did we miss?

the goat
10-21-2006, 20:55
tha wookie is evidently trying to sleep off a homebrew-hangover, and will update us in due time.:D

Frolicking Dinosaurs
10-21-2006, 22:48
We need photos of the hoe-down and tha wookie sleeping it off... don't make me fill in the blanks with photoshop.

Ewker
10-21-2006, 23:35
maybe it is still going on