PDA

View Full Version : Leaving for the desert

chris
05-07-2003, 10:39
I'm leaving for the PCT later today and wanted to post a final time before taking off for the summer. I should be starting north from the Mexican border on Friday morning, about two weeks behind the main pack. I can hike until around August 22. Since the PCT is 2600+ miles long, I may not get to Canada, as I would have to average around 26 miles a day. But, getting to Canada isn't that important in the end. What is important is that I have 100+ days to live a dream, to spend time in the desert and the mountains and the forests. To live simply, to hope, to dream again.

I wish you all the best of luck in your summer adventures. I will try to put up an occasional post.

Blue Jay
05-07-2003, 10:51
Hey, ya gotta like someone who is smart enough to know the trip is more important than the destination. I'd tell you to have a great time, but that's like saying the sun is going to come up.

Mtn. Pooh Bear
05-07-2003, 12:03
YAAAYYY! I am excited for you. I am heading back to the AT May 14, next Wednesday after a knee injury. I am really going to enjoy being back. Have fun and be careful. Happy trails!!!!!

Mtn. Pooh Bear
05-07-2003, 12:04
YAAAYYY! I am excited for you. I am heading back to the AT May 14, next Wednesday after a knee injury. I am really going to enjoy being back. Have fun and be careful. Happy trails!!!!!

RagingHampster
05-07-2003, 12:19
COOL!

ga>me>ak
05-07-2003, 14:32
May it be all you want and then some. Living dreams is something few actually take the chance and do.