PDA

View Full Version : Are you a member of ALDHA?

Sly
10-22-2006, 11:41
Are you a member of ALDHA aka the Appalachian Long Distance Hikers Association? If not, why not?

Sly
10-22-2006, 11:44
Argh, I hate when I misspell a word and can't edit it!

Sly
10-22-2006, 11:52
For those of you that are thinking of joining, it's only $7 now, but will most likely be going up to $10 come January 1st.

For more info on how to join, click below.

www.aldha.org

SGT Rock
10-22-2006, 12:17
Lifetime member.

Sly
10-22-2006, 12:21
Lifetime member.

Excellent. Lifetime memberships will also be going up January 1st to $200 from $150 if you join now.

PS Hey Rock can you correct my spelling mistake "meber" next to view polling results? :o

SGT Rock
10-22-2006, 12:23
Excellent. Lifetime memberships will also be going up January 1st to $200 from $150 if you join now.

PS Hey Rock can you correct my spelling mistake "meber" next to view polling results? :o

Done. Now if ATC lifetime memberships were as cheap I could afford that one too.

Sly
10-22-2006, 12:28
Done. Now if ATC lifetime memberships were as cheap I could afford that one too.

Thanks!

Yeah, I know. They do have payment plans if I'm not mistaken, but I have enough payments already.

I hope to become a lifetime member of ALDHA before the raise.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
10-22-2006, 12:28
We joined this year. I've been active in several hiking organizations that are mostly made up of people with full-time careers. They aren't the thru-hiking type, but they do give a lot of $$ and time to the trails.

highway
10-22-2006, 12:47
I voted incorrectly. I am a member of ALDHA-WEST, a separate group, darnnit:rolleyes:

Sly
10-22-2006, 12:50
I voted incorrectly. I am a member of ALDHA-WEST, a separate group, darnnit:rolleyes:

That's OK, close enough but Nean may not think so! :D

Footslogger
10-22-2006, 13:11
YUP ...and for a while we were the ONLY registered members from Wyoming.

'Slogger

the goat
10-22-2006, 14:59
absolutely.

fiddlehead
10-22-2006, 18:26

I like ALDHA-West. They are about ALL the long distance trails.
Unfortunately, i am too far away for their gatherings. I went to 2 of theirs (when i hiked out west) and 15 ALDHA-East ones now.
I've written articles for their (west) newsletter for some overseas hikes i did.
I wish ALDHA would change their name to: American Long Distance Hiking Association but i doubt that's going to happen, although i was glad to see so many other trails being represented at this past gathering.
The AT gets too crowded for my tastes.
anyway, yes i am a member

TJ aka Teej
10-22-2006, 18:45
I wish ALDHA would change their name to: American Long Distance Hiking Association but i doubt that's going to happen, although i was glad to see so many other trails being represented at this past gathering.

That's a great idea, Fiddlehead! I think all the information about trails other than the AT is one of the most interesting things about Gatherings. If I do another big hike it'll be from Gaspe to Maine, and I'll have the IAT folks I met at Gatherings to blame!

Frolicking Dinosaurs
10-22-2006, 18:50
I agree that changing the name to American.... makes a lot of sense. As Fiddlehead notes, sometimes the AT is just too darn crowded. I'm blessed to have the BMT and Cumberland Trail so close for when I want some solitude.

StarLyte
10-22-2006, 18:51
Are you a member of ALDHA aka the Appalachian Long Distance Hikers Association? If not, why not?

Sly.....you're beautiful :sun

Sly
10-22-2006, 19:06
That's a great idea, Fiddlehead! I think all the information about trails other than the AT is one of the most interesting things about Gatherings. If I do another big hike it'll be from Gaspe to Maine, and I'll have the IAT folks I met at Gatherings to blame!

Well, we could always take it up at the next Gathering! All you need is a motion, a second and a vote (I think). However, there may be a problem, there's already an American Long Distance Hikers Association.

Sly
10-22-2006, 19:09
Sly.....you're beautiful :sun

Thank you! :D

Blister
10-22-2006, 20:37
It sounds like a great idea if it wasn't taken already. I'd like to see ALDHA West and ALDHA East somehow joined forces, not into a single oranization; but as acting "brothers or sisters".
I was disappointed this year to see that there was no CDT or PCT representaion at the Gathering, not sure why.
By the way I would like to thank those of you from Whiteblaze for voting in the elections (that is if you voted for me) I was told unofficailly many members submitted a "bullet vote". I did not rally or even mention my interest only to a single handed number of people and I won. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am sure Warren is lurking out there somewhere and will definatley read a thread in connection to his organization. Nobody wants you to disappear and you were sadly missed.
ALDHA was started by a single heart felt need by a hiker for hikers. This subculture has grown above anything anyone ever anticipated. Unfortunatley growth and change has scared its own forefather; I am sorry for that. Growth means change. We need to keep the fresh air flowing.

Nean
10-22-2006, 21:03
That's OK, close enough but Nean may not think so!

Actually,:-? I believe I'm the only person who has been given a complimentary lifetime membership by both organizations.:eek: :eek: ;)

MedicineMan
10-22-2006, 22:51
liked what I saw and felt....also a member of PATC.

Sly
10-22-2006, 23:00
Actually,I believe I'm the only person who has been given a complimentary lifetime membership by both organizations.:eek: :eek: ;)

You... really... are... the MAN! :p love yeah Nean!

Skidsteer
10-23-2006, 18:45
Just put my check in the mail.

Thanks for the reminder about rates going up, Sly.

warren doyle
10-24-2006, 19:46
Honorary lifetime member.
I appreciate your kind words, Blister.
Thanks.

highway
11-04-2006, 03:53
You did not mention the CDTA and I am a member of it!

Frosty
11-04-2006, 12:04
Sly.....you're beautiful :sunBeautiful? Hmm. Must be a different Sly than the one I met last January :D

Sly
11-04-2006, 13:36
Beautiful? Hmm. Must be a different Sly than the one I met last January :D

LOL... You probably just cauhgt me on a bad hair day... ;)