PDA

View Full Version : VA, WV, MD & PA weekend hike?

Long feet
10-23-2006, 09:35
Hey,

My wife would like me to have a hiking partner, and I would like one in cold weather. I live outside the district off of 4 near 301. I would love to do some weekends. I just went down to SNP this weekend and did a little under 20 miles. I would like to try to do all of WV and MD, so I can say I have done a couple of states. I know its cheating as they are both so small. Anyway, my gear is fine for cold weather. I prefer back country camping, not in the big campsites with generators and loud people.

Ideally, I am looking to do around 10-12 mile days depending on elevation. I would like to go out about every 6 weeks. I would like to go out a little bit more in the Fall and Spring. Well, drop me a line if you are interested. Thanks.

J

twosticks
10-23-2006, 13:31
Hey J,
I live in Hyattsville myself and I wouldn't mind getting some new hiking buddies. When were you looking to get out again?

Long feet
10-23-2006, 14:23
I was thinking about three weeks from now. Another weekend out would be great. It would also be great to go before the real winter weather comes. I'm originally from California, so what I know of winter weather comes from having skis on my feet and drinking hot chocolate. My gear has been fine in the 20-30s the last couple times I have been out though and I am hammocking. Where would you like to hike? And when? I'm game as long as the wife has no plans for me.

J

Cherokee Bill
11-06-2006, 21:21
:banana 59 yo/male, married, off every other Friday, member of the Natural Bridge Appalachian Trail Club, good shape.

Live in Lynchburg, VA (central VA). Enjoy weekends on the "AT" around 10-mi days.

Let me know!