PDA

View Full Version : Goose Pond Reefer Available

Cosmo
10-23-2006, 18:19
I suspect with this title, I'll be hearing from the DEA shortly.

We removed the propane powered refrigerator from Upper Goose Pond Cabin on Sunday (and also closed the cabin for the season). This creates much more room in the kitchen for making pancakes.

Before I use up landfill space with it, I thought I would offer it to the AT Community. There are a couple of things you should know:

--Last known working approximately 20 years ago (we've been using it for mouse proof storage since then).
--It weighs about 250 lbs
--The door gasket needs replacing, and the bottom of the door is a bit rusty.
--There are no model markings on it, so I can't even tell you where to get parts. It is a Servel brand <http://www.servelrefrigerators.com/servel.html>
--The glass shelf is broken, but it has all of it's other internal bits (vegie bin, wire shelf etc.)
--It probably is around a 16cu ft capacity model

Prospective owners must arrange and pay for shipping from Williamstown Mass (01267).
Photos available on request.
I'm cross posting to at-l, but feel free to pass this on to others who might be interested.

Cosmo
[email protected]
413-597-2590 (days).

virtualfrog
10-23-2006, 22:51
Servel still makes gas fridges, so chances are good parts are still available. Smaller company, and many of their models look like they were probably designed since before then :).

www.lehmans.com sells them, and sells some parts. They also have service manuals, and from what I understand, good customer service that might be able to help you figure out what to do w/ it if you do pick it up.