PDA

View Full Version : To Be or Not To Be.....Trashgiving!!

Blister
10-24-2006, 07:57
Greetings and Salutations my fellow Hiker Trash around the country.
To Be or Not to Be, That is the Question..... 5th Annual Billville Trashgiving

It is that time of year again... I have been graciously offered the use of the Glencliff Hostel and home of Packrat to hold this years Annual Trashgiving.

I am putting out feelers to this community whether I can get some assistance for the event (by those planning on attending). Being in transition from my thru hike into reality has a large finacial debt attatched. Normally I have spent approx $400 of my personal monies to pay for the event with an additional donation of @ $100 from Jack Tarlin. This provides for all food and some of the spirits consumed from Friday night through breakfast on Sunday morning. I cannot afford to do this by myself this year. The outcome of Trashgiving will have to be a team effort in order to be executed. Last years donation can reaped in about $12, the WD curse jar about $7, obviously not enough to break even in any way. Please post, PM or give my cell a call with any ideas or suggestions. I have begun to recieve pressure from those needing to request time off from work on whether the event is ON?
cell 603-667-6103

the goat
10-24-2006, 15:44
thanks for getting the wheels in motion, blister!

i'd be glad to chip in. all those who plan to attend could throw some dough your way, in advance, so that you'll be able to make your preparations in advance. also, people could also bring their spirit of choice & beer when they arrive, if they plan on drinking. that'll cut down on some of the upfront cost some.

tentatively, what weekend are you shooting for?

attroll
10-24-2006, 17:31
Blister, could you come up with a definite date first that this would be on.

A-Train
10-24-2006, 19:13
Funny, I was just thinking today that the announcement for this event should be coming soon. I'm shooting to make it for the first time this year. If the weekend is right I'll be happy to bring a dish, dessert and booze, and to chip in for a group fund.

Blister
10-25-2006, 10:24
The Official Dates for this years 5th Annual Billville Trashgiving
December 1-3

:dance :dance
I have been getting some great feedback from folks - Thank You! If anyone would like to send donations ahead of time, Please send to the Hostel (Hikers Welcome in Glencliff, NH). Any amounts over the cost of the weekend I am going to Donate to the Hostel in Thanks to Packrat for allowing me the facilities!
A great place to have Trashgiving this year. The trail just outside the front door - makes Saturdays hike a no-brainer! Plenty of Bunk space and camping for the brave. We can look forward to a GREAT weekend. I believe it prudent at this time to open the invitation to all Hiker Trash. I look forward to this event started many years ago, an opportunity to spend a holiday with my Trail friends. For some it is an opportunity to recover from time spent with blood relatives, for other a mere excuse to eat, drink and be merry. If you are planning on coming, drop me a line so I can figure the food amounts accordingly.
:dance :dance