PDA

View Full Version : ATC Biennial 2007 - @ Ramapo College in NJ

MOWGLI
10-24-2006, 08:25
July 13-20 in Northern New Jersey. That's my old stomping ground! http://www.ramapo2007.org/

Who is planning to attend? I'll be there and plan to head to Maine afterwards for some R&R including hiking.

Blister
10-24-2006, 08:45
I'll be there along with Jester. Together we will be representing ALDHA (as will many other members) and will have a program for current hikers on the AT.

StarLyte
10-24-2006, 09:09
I'll be attending if anyone would like to carpool. I always arrive a day early for hiker events.
Sounds great.

Sly
10-24-2006, 10:10
I'd like to go but hope to be in Colorado. Looks like I'm going to miss the Great Southeastern Hiking Festival in Montreat too! :(

Kevin A. Boyce
10-24-2006, 10:49
If anyone is on their way to or from the event, feel free to stop on by the RPH Shelter... The weekend of July 13-15 we will be doing our seventh annual work weekend/hiker feeed... This year we are installing a new bridge to replace the one that is behind the shelter that is rotting and washing out. Also planned are some waterbars and stone steps as well that need to be installed/repaired/upgraded.

A disclaimer... I know the ATC event has lots of things planned... Tempting to head over there as well myself, and I don't want to steal folks from their event... But folks are welcome to lend a hand if they are more then welcome to join us.

Catch you on the Trail!
Kevin

Jack Tarlin
10-24-2006, 15:24
Mowgli:

I hope to see you there.

Also, there will be a ton of 2007 thru-hikers in that neck of the woods that week. I hope the ATC recognizes this and is considering some sort of "outreach" to that year's hikers (i.e. telling them about the event; helping them with rides to and from the event, etc.)

I think it'd be great if next year's Biennial was attended by a lot of people who were actually ON the Trail; it'd also be a great way to get new folks, especially younger ones, involved with the ATC and what it does.

Blister
10-25-2006, 17:32
Also, there will be a ton of 2007 thru-hikers in that neck of the woods that week. I hope the ATC recognizes this and is considering some sort of "outreach" to that year's hikers (i.e. telling them about the event; helping them with rides to and from the event, etc.)

I think it'd be great if next year's Biennial was attended by a lot of people who were actually ON the Trail; it'd also be a great way to get new folks, especially younger ones, involved with the ATC and what it does.

Actually Bob Peoples has alot of ideas that ALDHA is helping with. A presentation headed up by Jester and myself is targeted specifically to current hikers. I can assure you we will be playing the smiles to get people there. I believe there are more plans to coordinate rides as well. Once any of the details are concrete, I will update ya'll.

MOWGLI
10-25-2006, 19:10
Mowgli:

I hope to see you there.

I've spent a lot of time on campus and am friends with a couple of professors there. It's about 15-20 minutes south of where the trail crosses RTE 17 and enters Harriman. There are several other trailheads that are close too. Should be a breeze to pick up some of the 07 hikers and haul them down to the conference.

Another thing... It's about 20 minutes north of Campmor for those that want to make a pilgramage.

Mountain Man
10-25-2006, 20:12
I'll be attempting a Thru in 07 but plan on trying to get there for it. Missed the one in Johnson City last year but made it up to Waterville Valley a few years ago. It was a blast and looking forward to this one.

Krewzer
10-25-2006, 23:53
July 13-20.....this might work for me this time. I've always wanted to attend, but have some birthday conflicts this time of year (wife's and kid's).

LIhikers
11-02-2006, 08:50
The wife and I plan to be there. then the following week we'll head up to MA to get a few more AT miles under our belt.

Cosmo
11-02-2006, 22:08
I'm planning on hiking back to Mass after the Conference. If I'm having fun, I might just keep walking...

Cosmo

The wife and I plan to be there. then the following week we'll head up to MA to get a few more AT miles under our belt.

Cookerhiker
11-02-2006, 22:33
July 13-20 in Northern New Jersey. That's my old stomping ground! http://www.ramapo2007.org/

Who is planning to attend? I'll be there and plan to head to Maine afterwards for some R&R including hiking.

I expect to attend - Harriman Park is my old stopming grounds from childhood - the first part of the AT I ever saw and walked on.