PDA

View Full Version : where in gods name is mrs gorp?

mweinstone
10-24-2006, 15:07
on trail journels she posted she was on her way to the gathering. im worried about our queen. protect the queen! sereously, im worried. where are you cindy? matthewski wants to know.

Sly
10-24-2006, 15:32
on trail journels she posted she was on her way to the gathering. im worried about our queen. protect the queen! sereously, im worried. where are you cindy? matthewski wants to know.

She was at the Gathering, and is now probably hiking south from Delaware Water Gap (I think that's where she got off) to Duncannon, where she'll have completed the trail (again).

Jan LiteShoe
10-24-2006, 19:55
She's about a week away from finishing.

rambunny
10-25-2006, 09:08
Just talked to her-she's only got 70 miles to go!!!! You go girl!!!!!!

DawnTreader
10-25-2006, 11:29
The lady of the wood is classic. I met her once at Piazza rock in Maine in 04. Ironically, as I was passing through 2 years later, I was taking a breather after the long haul up N. Crocker going SOBO. Mrs. Gorp strolls I by, and I says to myself, now dude, thats a familiar face. To my astonishment she has the same puzzled look, and says, now I know I've met you before, after some chatting she recalled the night, who I was with, and the weather the day we met. She was hiking all over the place this summer, and I was lucky to run in to her a few more times before I finished my hike. What a classy lady.

Mother Nature
10-25-2006, 13:31
Mrs. G, (or Yolanda, or Minerva when she feels the need for a change) has an incredible memory!!!! and an incredible heart!! She is truly one of the best of the best in the great AT hiker family.

Now don't tell her I said this.. she might get a big head! :p :p :p

You go girl! 70 to go. GREAT!

Mother Nature

MOWGLI
10-25-2006, 14:03
I made the mistake of calling Mama Lipton - Mrs. Gorp at the Gathering during my presentation. Very embarrassing. :o

I'll try not to mix up my food groups moving forward.

swift
10-25-2006, 16:46
Cindy is beyond classy, she is one of those people whose contributions to the trail officially and unofficially, set the standard for the rest of us what it means to give back to the trail. A great hiker, an amazing woman, and an AT goddess whom I have much trail magic to pay back in kind some day.

Jan LiteShoe
10-25-2006, 18:37
Now, don't be giving her the Big Balaclava...

Minerva
10-26-2006, 18:00
Hey Matthewski-All is well. Don't you fret. I somehow missed seeing you at the Gathering! I was there...truly I was. Thanks for asking.

Sly- I did see you at the Gathering!

Hey NATHAN! I didn't know you went to Michigan. Did you leave the trail in Gorham to head to MI?

Hello Mother Nature-yeah I'm trying to be sweet and demure but the Yolanda in me is screaming to get out.

Hello Swift! How's the knee? I saw your picture at the half-way point with OC1 in a recent AT Journeys magazine.

MOWGLI16- have we ever met? If we have I guess my memory ain't too good! But us Yankee fans should stick together no matter what we remember.

Jan- just where do you think I am? And why can't I have the BIG Balaclava? Do you need anymore goldfish crackers sent your way? ;-)

MrsG:welcome

Jan LiteShoe
10-26-2006, 19:04
Jan- Do you need anymore goldfish crackers sent your way? ;-)

MrsG:welcome

A waste of perfectly good goldfish crackers...

And you call yourself a hiker!:banana

Sly
10-26-2006, 22:00
Sly- I did see you at the Gathering!

I saw you too, but I don't think we ever got to talk! (((MrsG)))

mweinstone
10-27-2006, 16:36
i never left the campsite . or lonewolfs shine nipple. im an ass. oxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxox oxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox oxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxmatthewski

mweinstone
10-27-2006, 16:50
http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=161341

link to mrs gorps latest trail journel entry.good read .

Jan LiteShoe
11-05-2006, 20:16
Congratulations Mrs. Yolanda-Vega Gorp, on Number Three.

TJ aka Teej
11-05-2006, 20:24
Congratulations Mrs. Yolanda-Vega Gorp, on Number Three.

Which of course is outstanding, as most hikers only do number one and number two.

:D
Congrats Mrs. Yolanda-Vega Gorp!:banana

mweinstone
11-10-2006, 20:27
mrs gorps halloween costume on trail! the woman has just finished her third thru! a must see, click on my gallery